JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

All 1s crease easy, just the nature of toe box shape. If you hate creases (as do I) but force shields. My 1s hardly have any creases in them after wears.
Sneakershields prevent the toe box from creasing which leads to more creasing on the side panel.

My production is 8/21/13 on BOTH shoes, now I did pay a reseller but the shoes had a receipt from Sports Zone (A sneaker spot here in the DMV idk if it's anywhere else). The shoes had the receipt from there and the box had a sticker from the store. So my pair came from an authorized store and that was the date. Just thought I'd share.

What's more funny is that resellers could've just invested their money back when it was $50 and got the same return lol.

Average resell is 50% of retail (excluding shoes like DBs and 1s) and investing the same money when Nike was $50 could've yielded 56% today.
LOL most resellers aren't educated in the stock market game
They only know how to flip a shoe for some meager profit
I bet most of them don't even have a portfolio, yet alone a 401k or IRA account

I would say this statement holds truth!

Decent money don't mean shell out $1300 for sneakers; Prada real leather dress shoes - maybe. I don't understand why people wouldn't get irked if they saw 10 other people wearing your shoes. This is different than getting mad because other dudes wear Js. I get older folks who retired from the game say "damn you busted your behind for some shoes I saw 10 other people wearing today?"

Never needed exclusive kicks to pull chicks - but anything helps. It's actually a testament to the people around me - they all got game and dress to kill. Pulling up to the house party with some semi-skinny jeans and overpopulated Bred 11s or Taxi 12s with a snapback will get you invisible quick (5 other peeps w/ mad game who look like you got there 2 hrs ago) - meaning you're going home to your right/left hand and lotion. I guess I'm the only that feels this way and is thirsty for the Patent 1s that were deemed ugly when they first came out, but now with the white midsole, they got it right.

Sorry - I'll let this get back to topic. It's just a more substantial debate than constant posts about legit checks, production dates, and confirmation emails which got Sole Collector real old. If you got your pair from a legit retailer and it looks new, then don't worry. Ain't no one going to come at you and be like "yo, let me check your production dates before I give you mad props son!"
I agree on not wasting money, but where are you where you could see 10 other people with Bred 1s or Royals? Then again none of the stores in my city sold those shoes, had to drive an hour to find a store that sold em. I personally just value those shoes a whole lot. I probably dont know a person outside of this form who were able to cop a pair of Breds this weekend. Of course everybody rocking gammas and taxis right now. Thats why you throw em into rotation so when you break em out next year when all the kids dog their pairs out you can really flex on cats. I feel what you saying about the Bred 11s I didn't even buy a pair last Christmas cause I had my pair from the last retro in good shape still.  I started wearing them more once they announced the retro. As far as skinny jeans and snapbacks, I might be too old for all that. I'm coming home to a wife on most nights lol

Edit: Lately my standout shoe has been the LeBron XI any colorway and not a lot of dudes rocking them in my area 

Last edited:
It's like either bot or get ******, no in between anymore. At least I finally found a player model I can buy religiously and generally under retail (lebron 11).

First Royals now this! WTF Nike, i just need ONE pair of size10s!
mean.gif

Anyone remember the spicy Aussie chick from Kickz durring the Royals release last year?? There were alteast 10 pgs dedicated to how hot her voice was lol
roll.gif

Ummm quick question for the mods...Are we getting off topic? or can we continue with this economics/marketing discussion? Just curious.

No it's deeper than that. The primary question was, why don't they just produce more which will increase short-term revenue
Nike execs are marketing geniuses...if you think they aren't...tell that to Adidas and Reebok....

For the sake of being on topic....that letter from NBA to Nike banning these? Pure marketing scheme. I don't recall Jordan ever playing in these excluding ASG and other non-official games.

Well just for arguments sake, if Reebok or Adidas used the same marketing scheme would it be as successful? I dont' deny that Nike's marketing team are full of smart individuals. I'm sure they've hired the best of the best. I just don't consider making shoes limited to create hype which in returns improves their stock any genius or innovative move. Especailly if us Nt'ers been recognized this a long time ago.

Been working on trying to get these all week, even offered my bred 11s for them.  No luck so far but being in nyc has its perks.

It's possible, it happen to me Sunday. Some local guy bought an 11.5 cause it's all they had. Just so happen I had a size 11 in the Bred 11s, so I took him up on his offer. Thought it was too good to be true, deal went smooth and worked out perfectly.

I just wanna find one real 10. Someone pmd me on a pair but they got their size in a swap and now I'm screwed again. I was doing the hammer dance for about 3 min.

Back
Top Bottom