JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

$350 pre order? Smh

VERY VERY LIMITED it says...

$350 without even trying for retail seems ridiculous to me. This release will be nuts agreed but the normal dudes on NikeTalk that alway secure pairs aren't gonna have any problems. Doubling up, I'm sure will be an issue. But other than that, I'm positive these will be in demand but why shouldn't we expect the same production as royals or black toes?

Just put in work and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm not resting on these for a second.

Even people who work in FootLocker will have a hard time getting these. Paying retail on the website is all they can hope for. I know for a fact these won't be sent to the FootLocker stores in my area if they choose to make it a super limited release. I'll be sad. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Im kindve bummed out. They finally just dropped basically every important 1 in og trimming and after this, i dont know what more there is to get excited about. I mean there isnt a 1 that hasnt been redone and cant see how they could do better than they have with em.

There's an unbelievable amount of OG colorways. Here's to hoping they continue but we all know how it goes lol

as much as dude was being a **** couple pages back hes right these new "OG" retro 1s feel and look like doo doo compared to 2001s. i was comparing my 2001 bred 1s to my 2013 royal blue 1s and they aint even close i cant stand the look and feel of the pleather theyre using. :smh: it's so stiff and dull. already unloaded them in hopes of finding a 2001 pair.

Last edited:
View media item 522383

For those who say they've almost done all the OG 1's....they haven't even chipped that iceberg

They retrod two or three of those white/metallic colors in 09 or 2010 (my memory is a bit hazy right now), White/red, white/green and one other color (part of the DTRT pack), and were super limited/rare (at least in the DMV)...
Nice tumbled leather (a nice respite to the typical leather used on most 1's) and they were true highs, but lacked NA treatment and had a terrible liner pattern...
I would def scoop up some pairs if they were retrod with the NA treatment...

View media item 522424

Last edited:
^^The shape of the of the OG and '94 1's >>

But are those pics of the DTRT metallics sample pics? The released pair doesn't have that lining, at least not on my brothers pairs...

Admitedly i never even saw those back then. Also im far from being a collector and wont argue others knowledge on em. I grew up in a football town and really there has never been much for basketball shoes let alone Jordans. I was 10 back then so my memory of it is crap. Very few stores around here carried em. Really not till the first retro did u see a bunch of em in retail outlets. I remember the small corner shop in a bad part of town. They only had the popular colors though they were sold out. No off colored just bulls and one maybe two others. I walked out with a pair of royals because i just wanted a pair of Jordans and funny how the color grew on me. I was pretty bummed and made up for it in the 90s but i never had much access to anything other than thr more popular colors. Then again most 10 year olds at that time wouldve cared less for those lame***** boring colors lol. But yeah i want some weapons. Had a pair of lakers back then too. Love those shoes and i know around me that stuff didnt sell much and u could find em discounted. But u could find Mark Malone or Bubby Brister jerseys everywhere.

I wouldn't count the ones with the straps, lows, or AJKO's as the same model as the others. Those are all different models IMO....

They retrod two or three of those white/metallic colors in 09 or 2010 (my memory is a bit hazy right now), White/red, white/green and one other color (part of the DTRT pack), and were super limited/rare (at least in the DMV)...
Nice tumbled leather (a nice respite to the typical leather used on most 1's) and they were true highs, but lacked NA treatment and had a terrible liner pattern...
I would def scoop up some pairs if they were retrod with the NA treatment...

View media item 522424

Yea it was 09 I believe and the purple ones also came out. They ended up using a regular lining tho.

View media item 522461

View media item 522363

If Pony can still get their toe box right, why cant JB? Ive always been perplexed as to why they changed the toe box on the majority of their shoes. However, If anybody misses out on the Black/Red 1 you still have these to fall back on. :D

I assume it has something to do with the obsession with creasing. New Jordan's, Dunks, etc. don't crease like they used to. Personally, creasing never bothered me, but I know that's a huge issue for a lot of people, so I imagine the new toe box helps reduce creasing even if it worsens appearance and fit.

I know, Im talking about the Colorway though. JB seems to love re release it. :D

Lol they sure do. They just released a mid with similar color blocking to the KO's. Until you put that comparison up there it kinda escaped my mind that they've been done so many times, but ill gladly take em again lol. Thanks for that comparison tho. Those OG's and 94's make my heart happy lol.

I would have liked to see the Chicago's with NA branding.

Imagine if they dropped the Black Toes with OG NA Back Tongue....

OOF

Nike has a new set up, script bots don't work anymore. FYI.

Good news for copping these in the fall as long as they don't write new ones by then.

Black Toes with OG NA Black Tongue, I would cop 2x. Knowing JB they will release them with a Jumpman.

I passed on this years Black Toes because I couldn't mess with the white tongue.

Wow.. another 1 thread that does not disappoint. Good stuff!!

I was wondering why it jumped 5 pages....

Last edited:
I'll do my work and hopefully get em for retail, if that fails, resellers it is. I'm glad they are releasing though, 01s are great and all but it's not a true high top 1.

Back
Top Bottom