JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Pretty much...

FLEW OVER MY HEAD?

"The only reason some feel like these wont have too high of a resell is because we're all ASSUMING that these will be a GR that is relatively easy to come by, which is exactly why they are releasing before Christmas when everyone is ready to spend their money on gifts..............................oh wait a sec..."

I read it like you thought they were releasing after x-mas. If you want to be understood, then formulate your sentences intelligently, I'm supposed to know that "oh wait a sec..." means "everything I just said is sarcasm because they are releasing before x-mas" I not gonna assume what you mean by that, you said Royals and Bred 1's will be reselling for $600 on 12/28 - You clearly don't know what you're talking about IMO.

It's absurd I'm even debating that these will resell for $600, that's like arguing with someone that the sky isn't blue. End of story, I'm done here.

Damn you win , I owe you some cookies

This whole $600 estimate has gotten a couple jimies rustled but my whole idea of the situation stems from the fact that these wont be as available as we think. I don't think the whole royal situation and allocation of pairs to the other countries was some accident. Nike did that to stir up buzz for these 1's, royals in particular to because of their mystique and being one of the few OG colorway 1's to have not been retro'd without NA. It's counterpart, the black/red 1...a shoe that has been retro'd countless times yet set aside for a December release, a month that we all can agree that JB uses to bring out their most anticipated launches correct? Ok, so they know like we know these shoes are very anticipated, and yet they're scheduled to come out after Christmas when most consumers are taking a break from shopping when they could've easily slapped a dec 23 release on em and have more consumers lining up to get these as Christmas gift to a loved one or themselves, right? The whole theme of these 1's have been limited and if this is the biggest of all the 1's, well at least in Nike's eyes which is why they're being released in December then I'm expecting them to create buzz like the royals did only this time in a Holliday setting.

BOTTOM LINE: they won't be easy to get, resell will be high. If royals go for $400 now I see them for $600 in December. The demand for royals go up makes the demand for the black and red go up, vice versa. $600 maybe an outrageous estimation but by 2014 that's where I'm expecting the price to be around.

*paints target on forehead*

COME. AT. ME.

Last edited:
Stop saying Royal/Knick numbers because its been established that the US received 2/4 of the shipment. Every release after that US got 3/4th due to the fact they were sitting.

These will be produced like Black Toes, Clovers, & Shadows if not more, but with much more demand. No way and hell these will be going for anything over $400 RD.

Not doubting you but I wouldn't be surprised if they made them more limited than the BTs.

Wasn't it, it wasn't that more were made, it was that they were allocated differently. A lot of royals went overseas, but for the black toes and shadows they didn't do that.
I actually live oversea and all I can say is that Royals were only in ONE store in whole country and it was like 12-15 pairs of them and Shadows arrived to multiple stores so I disagree with you. I think that demand for Royals was much higher than shadows.

Last edited:
I actually live oversea and all I can say is that Royals were only in ONE store in whole country and it was like 12-15 pairs of them and Shadows arrived to multiple stores so I disagree with you. I think that demand for Royals was much higher than shadows.

Hmm...interesting

I like how nike treats these like they hope to sell a handfull of pairs. Og 1s to me have been the story all year, not all these overblown general releases. They could have easily produced double of at least the main colorways and still wouldve sold out. Its the return to 85 originals that sells these. The fact that the numbers have been insanely low fuels the hype. Knicks werent hyped but royals set the tone. Its the only way the clovers even sold mostly out even though they stink.

took some pics of my DMPs. I dunno why people hate on them so much, they're a beautiful shoe minus the jumpman.

^ honestly thought it was bad timing.

some people already had those High Strap Black / Red from 08 + you had to cop the Celtics cw with it

Last edited:
these black/red 1 will not be limited at all...

nike is not dumb... they gonna pump out black tongue V numbers on these watch
laugh.gif

the value of a shoe rising also has to do with how limited they were
I wanna believe you, but I've spoken to 2 store managers for Champs, and 3 store managers for Footlocker and they've all said their stores weren't getting them.  I asked why, and they basically said all the Nike Air Jordans (88's included) were limited to select locations nationwide.  It makes sense to wanna believe these are gonna be a GR, but I'm sure deep down we all know these are going to be limited .  Nike needs a reason to bring them back out again for the 30th anniversary (with another price increase included). 

Not doubting you but I wouldn't be surprised if they made them more limited than the BTs.
I wouldn't rule that out. But even if they were in the same exact numbers we probably wouldn't know if there was more or less cuz thats how much demand there will be. There seemed like a lot of Black Toes cuz resellers gobbled em up and flooded the market with em expecting resell to be like the Royals.

BOTTOM LINE: they won't be easy to get, resell will be high. If royals go for $400 now I see them for $600 in December. The demand for royals go up makes the demand for the black and red go up, vice versa. $600 maybe an outrageous estimation but by 2014 that's where I'm expecting the price to be around.

Prices on the resell market for the Royals won't increase $200 by the years end. Resell prices always hit their pennical around RD when ppl are still feeding into the "I gotta have it!" mentality. When the nxt release comes out, the prices sink. Some more then others. Then years later the price again climbs. Look at the Royals, they were going for $400 in Feb. now check your local CL, eBay, & marketplaces. What you see? 320, 325, 350. In a few years they'll reach back to $400+

Now to the B/Reds. I can see why you'd think $600, cuz I'm sure there will be that one guy who prices em that high. We've all seen a shoe at one point or another, and your not sure if the seller if trolling. But the market value will be that outrageous. The '01s go for that much, and there's a reason they sit. Banneds are rare, so they're an exception. Straps, & DMPs go for $300+ on some places, and they'll sit there til they reretro 3 more times.

Lets not talk about price until we have more details. And the beasts are lurking :nerd:

Last edited:
Need some advice, just found a pair of DS royals for 250 local pick up, I'm only skeptical because he doesn't have the original receipt. Says they were purchased off of eBay which has me curious. What do I do?

Need some advice, just found a pair of DS royals for 250 local pick up, I'm only skeptical because he doesn't have the original receipt. Says they were purchased off of eBay which has me curious. What do I do?
post some pics

i'd be careful of that. definitely get some pics before hand and post them in the legit check section

Not worth the risk. Run.

Can't tell if ppl are srs or.... Think I'll pass. Thanks for the responses and big ups to big J for not removing my comment! I appreciate it even though I realize now I posted the wrong way.

Can't tell if ppl are srs or.... Think I'll pass. Thanks for the responses and big ups to big J for not removing my comment! I appreciate it even though I realize now I posted the wrong way.
lol i was being serious bro. save your money for a legit pair

id actually move  both asap to cop a pair of banneds. the 01 retro is coming out this year, we'll never see a " banned " retro, not with that quality.
just a thought

I'd rather the 01's. Quality is far more superior and I don't have "X" all over the shoe. I wear my current 01 pair regularly and they've been through so much and still look great.

Back
Top Bottom