Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

1667431947737.png

Your parents must’ve been so proud 🥹

Speak for yaselves. I screenshotted this dumb FB memory that popped up one day years back of my naive 19 year old self saying a life goal was to own a pair of 85 or 94 chi's :lol: glad I set the bar low and was able to accomplish that. I've never liked black and reds much, never had or wanted a pair. When I think of a sneaker, my prototypical idea of what a sneaker is, it's a chicago 1. It's just...what a shoe is to me. The '03 patent leather mids never appealed to me so 2013 was my first chance to own any iteration (that I could afford) and I eventually copped a used pair under retail (broke undergrad days). I was not able to touch a pair of 2015s for retail, I went from '13s to '94s. 2013s were attainable because the materials sucked, they were uncomfortable, and 1s hype wasn't there yet. IIRC chi's dropped early in 2013 before the "retro high OG" pairs with nike air. We can't forget how badly JB disrespected 1s from 2008-2012 with jumpman branding, plastic leather, garbage colorways, straps, all that. Those were reasons no one wanted 1s. **** was we gonna do with some color pack or anondized foamposite 1s :rofl:

Gotta bear in mind black and reds have seen releases in '85, '94/95, '01, '09, '11, '13, '16 vs only '85, '94/95, '13, '15 for chicago. Fewer opportunities to purchase chicagos means fewer people have seen them in stores or out in the wild. Chicagos never had the storytelling aspect from JB that black and red did. JB marketing did wonders hyping up the black and red colorway from the 2009 DMP pack to the 2011 banned edition (despite its weird release) to the whole 2016 banned campaign alongside the 31s. The brand simply didn't promote and make other consumers as aware of other OG colorways, those have been for the die hard fans.

Sorry for the essay. The chicago 1 is my favorite sneaker and I wanted them since I was like 10 years old :nerd:

my stupid *** self when I was 19
1667431947737.png

Went to the sneaker history exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum in 2015 so I could get a look at an OG pair. Hung the pamphlet on my college dorm wall lol
1667432025603.png
E3263FC2-8DA1-4E96-821A-D113A6869C6E.gif

You mean Black Toe's 😅
For me:

Black Toes, "Bred" Toes, "Breds", and then Chicago's as far as the "white, black, and red" versions are concerned. I could be wrong with those names though because we used to just call the all "white black and red" or "black and red" 1s. :lol:

Last edited:
I wanna see a cool $400-$450. Before US release.

Get resellers who backdoored to panic sell to get their money back they paid to have them early to push prices down to the high 300's, then the official release and we're sitting at high 200's low 300's when it's all said and done.

Holiday 11 numbers.

2/3 so far

Almost there

Resellers had their chance to make good money on these but once the average folk grab them, prices will drop further. A lot of people think they're resellers but are not. The real resellers sold these for over $1k

Yep

If u wanted to make money the time is now

Resellers had their chance to make good money on these but once the average folk grab them, prices will drop further. A lot of people think they're resellers but are not. The real resellers sold these for over $1k
Not as many people as the thread will have you believe spent a rack on these. It was prolly inside flips.

i would be surprised if they didnt shock drop. such an iconic moment, shoe, story—theyve shockd dropped other stupid things like taxi 1s and velour 11s..

Yes, I think there will be a shock drop.

And Finishline or JD will do exclusive access to Status members. I won two pairs of Dunks like that on the same day, so it seems legit.
How many total points do you need to usually start receiving exclusive access?

Got a buddy from Hong Kong who said he got early access. Not sure if he’s pulling my leg, but if he isn’t, I guess they did in China.

Back
Top Bottom