Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Keep on dropping. I hope resellers loose big money on these. It’s only right. Chicago’s 1s SHOULD be plentiful for the masses and until 2015 it was never a shoe anyone should’ve ever had any problems with obtaining. From what I remember most people didn’t even like Chicago 1s like that until they were made super limited during that ‘15 release. It’s only right that these are available at damn near retail (if not retail) for the masses to enjoy. I hope these “brick” in everyone’s face so casual regular consumers can actually own a pair for once.

Last edited:
Keep on dropping. I hope resellers loose big money on these. It’s only right. Chicago’s 1s SHOULD be plentiful for the masses and until 2015 was it never a shoe anyone should’ve ever had any problems with obtaining. From what I remember most people didn’t even like Chicago 1s like that until they were made super limited during that ‘15 release. It’s only right that these are available at damn near retail (if not retail) for the masses to consume. I hope these “brick” in everyone’s face so casual regular consumers can actually own a pair for once.
I will say I tried for the 2013 pair and 2015 and got massive L's. Hoping 2022 treats me different, I paid $450 for the origin story's in early 2019 which in hindsight worked out well but still not trying to pay anything remotely close to that this year. Those at least seemed like a limited GR.

Don't ever underestimate the power of hype, hype can make anything sell-out.

How many pairs of Pandas are there out there? They've restocked somewhere, once a week for the past two years and sell out every time.

From what I remember most people didn’t even like Chicago 1s like that until they were made super limited during that ‘15 release.
I’m glad SOMEONE remembers. Before that botched 2015 release you hardly heard people talking about Chicago 1’s as their favorite 1 or the hype behind them. It was always Black/Red 1’s are the GOAT and the hyped one. In fact, the 2013 release was cake to obtain. The 2015 mess of a release turned the Chicago 1 into a monster to get now which I hate. Just goes to show you how lame it got out there.

I’m glad SOMEONE remembers. Before that botched 2015 release you hardly heard people talking about Chicago 1’s as their favorite 1 or the hype behind them. It was always Black/Red 1’s are the GOAT and the hyped one. In fact, the 2013 release was cake to obtain. The 2015 mess of a release turned the Chicago 1 into a monster to get now which I hate. Just goes to show you how lame it got out there.
Glad you said this, this revisionist history is at its peak.😂

Until 2015 Black-Red (banned) was the most popular Jordan 1.

Speak for yaselves. I screenshotted this dumb FB memory that popped up one day years back of my naive 19 year old self saying a life goal was to own a pair of 85 or 94 chi's :lol: glad I set the bar low and was able to accomplish that. I've never liked black and reds much, never had or wanted a pair. When I think of a sneaker, my prototypical idea of what a sneaker is, it's a chicago 1. It's just...what a shoe is to me. The '03 patent leather mids never appealed to me so 2013 was my first chance to own any iteration (that I could afford) and I eventually copped a used pair under retail (broke undergrad days). I was not able to touch a pair of 2015s for retail, I went from '13s to '94s. 2013s were attainable because the materials sucked, they were uncomfortable, and 1s hype wasn't there yet. IIRC chi's dropped early in 2013 before the "retro high OG" pairs with nike air. We can't forget how badly JB disrespected 1s from 2008-2012 with jumpman branding, plastic leather, garbage colorways, straps, all that. Those were reasons no one wanted 1s. **** was we gonna do with some color pack or anondized foamposite 1s :rofl:

Gotta bear in mind black and reds have seen releases in '85, '94/95, '01, '09, '11, '13, '16 vs only '85, '94/95, '13, '15 for chicago. Fewer opportunities to purchase chicagos means fewer people have seen them in stores or out in the wild. Chicagos never had the storytelling aspect from JB that black and red did. JB marketing did wonders hyping up the black and red colorway from the 2009 DMP pack to the 2011 banned edition (despite its weird release) to the whole 2016 banned campaign alongside the 31s. The brand simply didn't promote and make other consumers as aware of other OG colorways, those have been for the die hard fans.

Sorry for the essay. The chicago 1 is my favorite sneaker and I wanted them since I was like 10 years old :nerd:

my stupid *** self when I was 19
1667431947737.png

Went to the sneaker history exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum in 2015 so I could get a look at an OG pair. Hung the pamphlet on my college dorm wall lol
1667432025603.png

After seeing them in person... I will keep both my 2015 Chicago 1s. These fall in line along the Origins, Trophy Rooms, OFW releases. Just a different shoe with Chicago colorway.

Back
Top Bottom