Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

The whole “they’ll release again” logic is just never one I’ll subscribe too. My thoughts being:
- Who knows what people’s station in life, even if alive as tomorrow isn’t promised, will be whenever they drop again.
- Between all the resale platforms that are developing/growing every day, and the totally unknown future of trends and hype, who knows how easy or hard it’s gonna be to get the next drop. The “next time” thinking almost implies that next time will be a guaranteed W. Ish could be just as hard if not harder. Waiting another 3-7 years just to HOPE I win via another low percentage lotto is just wild to me.
- And if we’re just talking about the Chi 1s, people do realize that SINCE the retro pair in 94/95, to this day the 2015 retro is STILL the ONLY REGULAR Chi 1 w/ Nike Air. That’s only 1 REGULAR NA Chi in the past 27-28 years. 2013s had the Jumpman, and we got a bunch of remixes in the 1.5s, LAtoChis, Spideys, Trophy Rooms, and even the recent L&Fs. As picky as we rightfully are as many here just want regular degular Chis, who really knows when we’ll actually get a normal Chi again. As it’s been 7 years since the 2015s, and it was 20 years before those.

I say all this to say, I’d never knock anyone who wants to just wait until they “drop again,” but who knows what they will be when they drop, where we’ll be when they drop, and what getting them will be like when they drop.

i feel similarly. im not gonna knock someone for wanting to save money or not wanting to contribute to the current resell culture. both valid reasons not to buy. But For releases like this when the likely hood of me copping for retail is slim, I set a price range that Im comfortable with paying and pull the trigger when it comes up. that number looks different dependent on the shoe and the release. for this release it was $350-$400. I was lucky enough win a raffle but for a shoe that I know I'm buying to wear and enjoy, I'm not going to stress over a +/- $40 shift in the market if it means I can lock down a pair and not worry about it.

what is going to happen with the moldy pairs? are they sending them back to clean or just burning them all?

raiders-lost.gif

The whole “they’ll release again” logic is just never one I’ll subscribe too. My thoughts being:
- Who knows what people’s station in life, even if alive as tomorrow isn’t promised, will be whenever they drop again.
- Between all the resale platforms that are developing/growing every day, and the totally unknown future of trends and hype, who knows how easy or hard it’s gonna be to get the next drop. The “next time” thinking almost implies that next time will be a guaranteed W. Ish could be just as hard if not harder. Waiting another 3-7 years just to HOPE I win via another low percentage lotto is just wild to me.
- And if we’re just talking about the Chi 1s, people do realize that SINCE the retro pair in 94/95, to this day the 2015 retro is STILL the ONLY REGULAR Chi 1 w/ Nike Air. That’s only 1 REGULAR NA Chi in the past 27-28 years. 2013s had the Jumpman, and we got a bunch of remixes in the 1.5s, LAtoChis, Spideys, Trophy Rooms, and even the recent L&Fs. As picky as we rightfully are as many here just want regular degular Chis, who really knows when we’ll actually get a normal Chi again. As it’s been 7 years since the 2015s, and it was 20 years before those.

I say all this to say, I’d never knock anyone who wants to just wait until they “drop again,” but who knows what they will be when they drop, where we’ll be when they drop, and what getting them will be like when they drop.
Don't Forget The Pandemic Chicago Black Toe Mid's

Y’all gotta stop worrying about undefeated like they’re known to hand out online raffle W’s lol

And Hibbett shipped for me same day 11/19 but no movement. Even SNKRS same day for me but also no movement. Nike uses whatever courier depending on your location and depending on which Nike warehouse it’s coming out of. My packages from nike has been FedEx for at least 2 years now, and once in a blue moon it’s ups.
Easy for you to say. If you didn’t have a pair(s) solidified already you’d probably be on the lookout for undefeated raffle too, even if the chances winning are unlikely. Funny it’s always the ones who have a pair are quick to say stuff like this. Enjoy your pairs. Let us less fortunate folk live.

Respectfully disagree, this promotes fomo and a consumer mindset Life’s not all about shoes, I’ll get the next one is the more healthy way of thinking. It’s not a big deal.

Life is about enjoying things and if shoes bring joy to someone I say go for it. I’m not here to be a joy killer like some of you.

This.

People getting way too butthurt about if someone is willing to pay resell or not. If they got the funds then who cares? Acting like they’re supporting terrorist by paying a reseller :smh:

Take their non fund having asses and sit in the corner

Life is about enjoying things and if shoes bring joy to someone I say go for it. I’m not here to be a joy killer like some of you.
Not trying to be a joy killer, sorry if that hurts y’all buzz but I think you can find greater “joy” than having objects. Ima step off the soap box. Just a knee jerk response don’t mean to start a whole thing.

Not trying to be a joy killer, sorry if that hurts y’all buzz but I think you can find greater “joy” than having objects. Ima step off the soap box. Just a knee jerk response don’t mean to start a whole thing.
Just like flowers make women happy, certain things bring some joy to people. No, they aren’t everything in life, but it is still part of enjoying life on this earth. Otherwise, let’s just all give up everything and live in the wilderness. Anyway, I’ll get off of my soap box too. lol

Back
Top Bottom