Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

1664767975369.gif

Who tf cares abt a dam bubble i just want sneakers for retail
It’s more about the exclusivity. It’s just not as fun if you see everyone wearing the same shoes as you. Yall say you don’t care about all that right now but later when you see everyone and their mama wearing these you gonna start calling them overhyped and played out, etc.

Basically I don’t want these to end up like NMDs lol

It’s more about the exclusivity. It’s just not as fun if you see everyone wearing the same shoes as you. Yall say you don’t care about all that right now but later when you see everyone and their mama wearing these you gonna start calling them overhyped and played out, etc.

That's why you got to branch out of and diversity your sneaker collection. In addition to Jordans, I got New Balance, Saucony, Diadora, Adidas, Vans. I just got around to wearing my Cool Grey 11s a few weeks ago.

That's why you got to branch out of and diversity your sneaker collection. In addition to Jordans, I got New Balance, Saucony, Diadora, Adidas, Vans. I just got around to wearing my Cool Grey 11s a few weeks ago.
Yeah I got other models but if these actually sit on shelves I feel like some people would wear these as their only shoe basically. Like they do with panda dunks. And I used to want pandas until half of the general population had em

I agree with u on that to a certain extent, me being 30 plus i dont really care as much as I did before abt that tho

But once in a while theres a shoe that comes out where i could care less how many are made and how many got em on

This is said shoe

Last edited:

I agree with u on that to a certain extent, me being 30 plus i dont really care as much as I did before abt that tho

But once in a while theres a shoe that comes out where i could care less how many are made and how many got em on

This is said shoe

I do not always like getting old, but in my sneaker life one upshot is that I couldn't care less about exclusivity and all that nonsense. I get it if you're in HS or even college, I guess, if every third person you see is wearing the same thing. But in grown-up land and where I find myself out in the real world, it's beyond irrelevant LOL. I don't buy shoes (and honestly, never really did) to stunt on other people. I only buy things I PERSONALLY actually like and care about, for whatever reasons I like and care about them.

Alright I’m just suggesting that you’re probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually *expect* to get these for retail. The higher the market price is around release day, the more slim your chances of winning the SNKRS lottery

Considering what Nike has been doing this year with Jordan 1s, high stock isn’t surprising. Glad they’re switching up the strategy though a bit. Instead of giving us high stock of a lukewarm colorway, they’re doing high stock of something hyped. Either way the hype on 1s being “dead” on 1s is completely manufactured on purpose by Nike marketing. I’m not mad at it at all even if I don’t like/buy everything coming out.

My guess is Nike wants to push back against the negative PR they’ve been getting since the trophy rooms and Joe west coast. Not to mention all the blatant backdooring.

Pre 2019…?

No.

Hyped colorways tend to sell out. Chicago were low supply. Banneds were probably low as well. Royals and Shadows probably decent for a retro 1. The Black and Golds another one that was released in semi decent #s.

All those Lettermans, Yin and Yangs, etc were retro plus released during an over saturated period. Right now might be the same (saturation wise…but right now is a little constrained by supply/pandemic.).

No, last Chicagos and Breds flew off shelves. But they made more pairs than the 2013 retros, so the resell was reasonable. Then the 1 hype kept growing, and then The Last Dance dropped, and it's been hell ever since. I got all my OG colorways (other than Chis) for retail or less though, can't complain.

Did Chicagos or Breds ever sit on shelves?

...I figured they were the two color ways that were immune to the trends.
Breds could be had for $40-$50 over retail and I got my pair without even entering a raffle just by walking into the mall and buying it off the shelf and it’s not like I live in the middle of nowhere

I felt like they didn’t have confidence in 1s Pre 2013 then they dropped the Knicks and Royals with NA and low #s. Hype was there probably for the Breds.

Then we got the remastered…Fragments. Then they did the low # game with the Chicagos. Hype grew some more.

Last Dance and the Knick Game just made it worse along with a pandemic.

I don’t care about hype. Don’t care how many people wear them. Just let your boy get two purrs.

Back
Top Bottom