Jordan 1 OG "Baron" with Nike Air (555088-104)

I just seen an pre order for these for $385! View media item 827341

I used to laugh at people who paid pre order prices (even ones that are considered "reasonable") But the whole raffle fiasco of 2013 got me SCARED STRAIGHT. I know people with some pretty good sneaker connects and "hook-ups"that still came up empty handed a few times due to that BS.

This is coming from a guy who has only ordered shoes through the internet once in my life. I now have a whole new view about pre-orders......

Not trying to sound pessimistic, but if anything that has been said about this release is true (in this thread), 2 pairs is out of the question. Forget about it. Don't even start believing that BS about there being little hype for these. In the midst of tax returns and people just looking for ways to burn money.......many of you will be lucky to get one pair and anyone without a plan isn't going to have these joints at all.

Last edited:
Are people honestly going to be going crazy if they miss these though? Don't get me wrong, it's a great cw. But it's no Black/Red or Royal. Hell, not even as nice as the Shadows imo. I'll be trying to get these at retail, but if I miss out I'm not going to be paying resale prices.

^^ I'll go crazy, not really but I will, if I don't get these, and I have the Shadows. I just like this color way, the best of the black toes to me.

Are people honestly going to be going crazy if they miss these though? Don't get me wrong, it's a great cw. But it's no Black/Red or Royal. Hell, not even as nice as the Shadows imo. I'll be trying to get these at retail, but if I miss out I'm not going to be paying resale prices.
this is what people said last year about the shadows , that they are nothing spectacular and arent compared to royals and breds . look what going on now , shadows are almost equal to breds and royals ( and for me they are better than both of em in matter of wearing em since they literally match with any outfit ) .

add the jordan 1 sb releasing tomorrow creating even more hype , the pack with the carolinas and georgetowns , the chicago AJKOs , you just cant say anything right now :smile: 

Only reason shadows did well last year is cuz of the nike air branding. They dropped in what, 2010-11 or whatever? And they sat. Were on sale in my mall. No one was buyin 1s til last year...

I think the reason most 1's sat is because when they launched originally in 1985 most of the people in here were either not born yet or were very young.

If you had originals in high school, that would make you 45 now. And if you are like the majority of 45 year olds you are probably wearing some loafers.

When i was in middleschool and highschool air max's were popular. Original uptempos etc.

I think the reason most 1's sat is because when they launched originally in 1985 most of the people in here were either not born yet or were very young.

If you had originals in high school, that would make you 45 now. And if you are like the majority of 45 year olds you are probably wearing some loafers.

When i was in middleschool and highschool air max's were popular. Original uptempos etc.
you're almost there, but cmon they sat because they never really hit. Especially for the OGs, when the predecessors came out, newer designs and technology came through. Aint nobody wanted 1s because it was a boring design compared to newer releases. However , we can always tie back to the analogy that this was the first shoe of the GOAT, it's legendary. Hence, that boring design became a staple, and that staple remained a classic. We've seen the royals and blk/reds retro before in ways to attract the masses (01s- they were llimited and individualy numbered, but there were possible of duplicates; DMPs, to commemorate 60+ he dropped on Boston; straps,...). Now bring back the OG branding, then you will have the nostalgic heads come through like "Oh wow, they're bringing them back! I remember....", now the hype builds between the nostalgic crowd. Then you have the recent influx of "sneakerheads" and resellers without retirement plans who latch on to anything that will cause commotion. Guarantee any shoe with a spark of interest; nostalgia; or mind blowing prints, colors, etc...; it's gonna light up like a fuse!

I'm with you. Guarantee without NA branding these would be sitting. The fact that they went true down to the box design i think is the key.

These remind me of Shadows...that I slept on.

:\

These aren't bad at all.

great looking spring / summer shoes
smokin.gif
so true can't wait to rock them this summer

I'm with you. Guarantee without NA branding these would be sitting. The fact that they went true down to the box design i think is the key.

nah, these woulda sold out. quickly? no but in a few days they would be gone. its a nice colorway

I'm not sure but I think the grey part is nubuck. Poor mans shadows lol. Pass.

Lol, that makes no sense. They retail for the same, and shadows were relatively easy to get. Anyone who originally wanted the shadows shouldve had them.

Seems like "poor mans _______" is the "it" phrase lately in this section that people like to throw around.

Seems like "poor mans _______" is the "it" phrase lately in this section that people like to throw around.
Makes em feel better about themselves since they have the "__________" 

Or at least that's how it comes off to most of us.

With the price increases, I don't get how amy of this year's shoe's can be a "poor man's" anything. If anything, the shoe's previously released at a lower price point should be the "poor man's" version if we're talking strictly on authentic's, but I always thought the fake shoe's were supposed to be considered the "poor man's" version? All I know is that I can't wait for April, I'm going to cop these and the 9's if I'm lucky enough and call them my Baron Pack :lol:

It's because ppl want to either feel special that they already have shadows so they down talk this one or they can't cop these themselves. Same thing with the infrared 3s. Ppl calling them poor man 3s. I think it's ONE of the dumbest thing being thrown around today on NT.

It's because ppl want to either feel special that they already have shadows so they down talk this one or they can't cop these themselves. Same thing with the infrared 3s. Ppl calling them poor man 3s. I think it's ONE of the dumbest thing being thrown around today on NT.

Definitely one of the most common annoying things about NT, I never understood down talking someone else's shoe's or how they spend their money. I remember getting called a hypebeast because I voiced my thoughts on what I was aiming for on the 2014 Release Dates thread and it just happened to be longer than what the "norm" should be I guess.

Back
Top Bottom