Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

Sounds like the emotions my mans 3god be going through on the daily...

Not srs
:nerd:

he's gonna see that
giphy.gif

Yeah just caught a super dupa rupa video on em so there’s fakes out there lol. Ugh I hate the aftermarket :smh:.

That's why it's retail or bust - especially for Jordan 1s I think. Since they've had so many years to perfect the silhouette (which they won't do intentionally, but it's pretty damn close).

Hope so. The threat is real. I have a SX pair on the way too. I’m a nervous wreck hoping I don’t get a fake pair.

What are the signs of a fake SB Lakers? I have a pair coming in from SX next week.

PO

I would suggest looking at places like r/repsneakers and some of the fake sneaker IG accounts and comparing them to your pair. Unfortunately, it will be hard to tell unless you have a 100% legit pair in hand and you can compare using a foolproof method such as actually weighing both pairs (as the difference in weight won’t be much between real pairs of the same size). StockX also refuses to admit that high-end fakes slip through as it would gravely hurt their business, which is built on trust. That said, the amount of sales they have combined with the amount of people they have who verify and their qualifications to find fakes (or lack thereof) make it almost certain that some high-end fakes slip through. People on r/sneakers have posted horror stories but, even worse than that, is StockX’s horrible customer service in replying to them.

Got a second pair coming in from SX as well. Luckily, I have a legit pair to compare it to. Sucks we have to LC our pairs once in-hand, even after an “authenticator” deems the shoes to be legit.

Last edited:
If StockX is at the point where you are now questioning the legitimacy of their legitimators (aka authenticators), you might as well just cop on Craigslist. At least on clist, you have the opportunity to back out on the spot if the shoes fail the "smell test" in person.

Got a second pair coming in from SX as well. Luckily, I have a legit pair to compare it to. Sucks we have to LC our pairs once in-hand, even after an “authenticator” deems the shoes to be legit.
This is THE reason why StockX imho hasn't revolutionized the game the way they thought they could. The "marketplace" is only as good as its integrity.

me three.....being delivered today. really hoping there isn't any gashes or anything either since i plan on leavin them as is.

My pair from StockX comes in today as well, and tbh I’m not that worried about a fake. I don’t support fakes in any way, but if it’s good enough to pass my eye/smell tests, I’ll never know the difference anyway.

Anyone that has been around a fake pair, can you comment if they’ve had the zoom air in the insole? I feel like that’s something that’d be rather noticeable if it was fake.

Whelp I’m nervous now , bought my off grailed from somebody who has good reviews . Still never know :smh:

I’ll compare to my homies pair Wednesday. Thanks for scaring me lol​

Back
Top Bottom