Jordan 11 Low Snakeskin - April 19th 2019

Sitting out but dam these are fire. I wonder if they will ever make these as mids? I think that would be so much better

I'm confused about this release: app reservations from the foot stores? And I got no reserve or early access from NDC/SNKRS? ... Yet they are available in full family sizes and sitting on NDC in a FSR up to size 18? WTF? Are these still readily available in local malls? I suspect ... yes, even after the people like me/us picked up app "win" pairs. So again, WTF? I get it's marketing tricks but I'm very curious about how many pairs of these they made.
Yeah, I impulse bought a third pair. Probably should have waited for a disco, but it just becomes a headache to me tracking it all. What I do suspect from these sitting like this in all sizes is, we will not see another release of them for a long, long, long time. It took 18 years to get this one. At my age, I'm thrilled to have my three pairs and be done for good :rofl:
If they come back around in 10 years, great. But it's going to be at least that long, based on nothing but my gut.

As long as you enjoy them its all love.
Cause im patiently waiting for JB to retro my olive ix remastered and my xvi black/red and ill be doing the same thing buying triples of each model.
Ha yeah, that's the thing, isn't it? These are my favorite 11 lows. Thought they were ludicrous back in 01, then a few years later realized I was wrong. All the crap that has come since and what they have put out since but never these. I will fully admit to getting caught up in it with this release but I have my personal reasons for it--just like you said about the olives and the black/red 16s. I also think, once these are gone, it won't take long for people who didn't grab them to think twice. And I can't see them coming back again for a LONG time after this apparently "meh" reception in the marketplace.

Seems like 11 lows aren't that popular
Which works out great for us
Summer is right around the corner
11 lows + shorts = good times
I need to grab these
Hopefully on disco
But i think most retailers like to holdout longer on 11 lows
I'm thinking 20-30% off memorial day sale :smile:

Seems like 11 lows aren't that popular
Which works out great for us
Summer is right around the corner
11 lows + shorts = good times
I need to grab these
Hopefully on disco
But i think most retailers like to holdout longer on 11 lows
I'm thinking 20-30% off memorial day sale :smile:
That's why I just got it over and done with. I was able to inspect my two pairs Friday that I picked up and get two perfect pairs. If my third pair, from NDC, has issues, it goes back. I just can't predict availability with a shoe like this anymore and I don't have the time or disposition anymore to chase it for months. If I see them cheaper a month or two from now, great. Or not. That might just make be buy a fourth pair :rofl:
People are sleeping on these big time. Forget about discounts, I'm just happy they were easy to get, given my schedule in real life LOL. Anything after that will be a bonus.To your point, I will be rocking these for springs and summers to come for years :nthat:

Yeah honestly these might not even hit disco
I don't think there were any real good deals on past 11 lows that sat that i can remember
I think most places just held on as long as they could then just marked down remaining sizes
I paid retail for all my pairs except for the barons which i grabbed at the outlet for $110
It was on the hashwall with 20% off and i used i think a $20 GC and 2 $10 survey coupons

I regret not getting barons for the plug 30% off. That was back when I refused to buy low top shoes... then I took and chance with the blue IEs, which happens to be one of the most comfortable pairs of Js I own. However, they do squeak so hopefully these won't have that problem.

I regret not getting barons for the plug 30% off. That was back when I refused to buy low top shoes... then I took and chance with the blue IEs, which happens to be one of the most comfortable pairs of Js I own. However, they do squeak so hopefully these won't have that problem.
Damn I forgot about those barons in my closet. Need to break those back out.
What the F is it with the squeaking???? It breaks my 11-loving heart. I can't even deal if these start to squeak. Or my Concords ... especially since Nike won't seem to refund on that issue. Oh well, love the 11s and 11 lows too much to not keep buying them and see what happens :smh:

easter kicks.jpg

Dudes are holding out on these, those 4s are right around the corner and justifying 2 pairs of BC4s, these and for the hype, the FOG Raids is tough. Even I’m being selective I wanted those analogs but they might be dead after scooping these and the 4s

Dudes are holding out on these, those 4s are right around the corner and justifying 2 pairs of BC4s, these and for the hype, the FOG Raids is tough. Even I’m being selective I wanted those analogs but they might be dead after scooping these and the 4s
I'm still trying to recover mentally from the out-of-nowhere news that the white/black/red Uptempos are about to drop. I was not planning on having to spend yet another $175 on those, possibly as early as this week. Once I get those, I am DONE for 2019 until the black/red 11s in December. I don't even know now if I will get a second pair of BC IVs. Whether I do or not, the only other shoes that will get me to buy anything before December would be a shock return of the OG black/red 11 low ie (surely not happening this year), and a silver bullet AM720 (still don't know if such a colorway is even real or planned, though I suspect it is).

It just occurred to me that once I grab two pairs of the black/reds in December, I will have a good stockpile of pretty much every 11, mid and low, I ever wanted a stockpile of, save for the black/red IE lows done right with the clear (not smoked) sole. And I have started to get a feeling lately that those are coming next year. It's pretty amazing to go from years of not having any 11s left (except for those **** 2011 Concords) to being fully loaded, in just three years. I know everyone loves Cool Grays, but I can take them or leave them, honestly. And they'll probably be the 2020 holiday release, anyway. Other than the IEs, all I'd really like to see is the Concord low redone with the present shape, height, and patent cut similar to the Navy snakeskins. But it's not critical at this point.

It just occurred to me that once I grab two pairs of the black/reds in December, I will have a good stockpile of pretty much every 11, mid and low, I ever wanted a stockpile of, save for the black/red IE lows done right with the clear (not smoked) sole. And I have started to get a feeling lately that those are coming next year. It's pretty amazing to go from years of not having any 11s left (except for those **** 2011 Concords) to being fully loaded, in just three years. I know everyone loves Cool Grays, but I can take them or leave them, honestly. And they'll probably be the 2020 holiday release, anyway. Other than the IEs, all I'd really like to see is the Concord low redone with the present shape, height, and patent cut similar to the Navy snakeskins. But it's not critical at this point.

I would like to see some more simple colorways we haven't gotten yet (white/red mid). But you are right, the amount of solid xi releases since 2016 has been great. I will say the Concord lows aren't too bad, infact they have a better cut than my snakeskins.

I would like to see some more simple colorways we haven't gotten yet (white/red mid). But you are right, the amount of solid xi releases since 2016 has been great. I will say the Concord lows aren't too bad, infact they have a better cut than my snakeskins.
Huh, that's interesting. I'll have to pull out my Concord lows and put them next to these like I did the other day with those pics of my black/red lows. I've only worn the Concord lows a handful of times and only indoors. I feel like they still have the funky shape and lower cut--overall shoe height and patent height--of the black/reds, but maybe they are a little better. I won't be able to compare them with the black/reds, though, since I put those up for sale at a consignment shop on Saturday after realizing once and for all how much they blow LOL

Overall satisfied with the Retro, and upon closer review, I feel the following:
Patent Leather: OG (2019 design is growing on me, just wish there was more color contrast in the PL. Very heavy navy on this one!)
Comfort: OG is thicker and softer. Clearly more padding.
Shape: OG (slightly)
Sole: OG. I understand the reasoning for newer tinted soles, but they definitely looked better with the clear/white sole.

CBC285F1-2684-485B-89CE-2664F1C4167F.jpeg
DCCFB22A-729A-4C0B-BB2F-4CEA1968C079.jpeg
D0344161-3700-45AC-BF16-7D5C0E1C83F5.jpeg
D792E708-2F60-47E4-8CF4-83BCB85EFDCD.jpeg
64A14241-B342-45F0-9809-DAD4EFF71512.jpeg

Attachments

• 48B8C46E-2B54-4E14-86C8-1BD09F973A9D.jpeg
    48B8C46E-2B54-4E14-86C8-1BD09F973A9D.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom