Jordan 8 Doernbecher on the way...

agree 100% that the 10s and 8s don't do well no matter what. even with this db hype. people are still sitting on their 10s hoping to sell them for some obnoxious amount. 
Yep agreed w/ both.

The color scheme + having them be an 8 (not a very popular model to the general pubic...not talking about here on NT) will equal lower resell value when the dust settles.  

Kiddos will bot up and get pairs, and when the market floods (the majority will go to resellers), prices will drop about 2 weeks after release.  The nickel and dime resellers can't sit on $200 for long.  First few days, I bet you'll see $450-$550 depending on size, but they'll drop like a rock when the few who are willing to spend that kind of cash have gotten theirs, and the rest are there sitting.

I waited about 2 weeks on the 10s, and got mine (size 13 even which usually sell on the aftermarket for a higher price than most sizes) for $325 shipped.  For a DS Doernbecher shoe...pretty good price.

Be patient after RD if you really want them, and you'll find a good price.  If you have the cash/means to do so, donate to OHSU as well.  Marketing schemes/shadiness aside, that hospital (and all hospitals that cater to special needs kids) really can benefit from any donation.

8s havent released in limited numbers since the jordan hype started (unless I am forgetting something). There was the Suns, Playoffs, and Bugs Bunnies. All mass produced.

Didn't have to crush my hopes like that.
mean.gif

But I did manage to find a preorder for $435 so I'm content for now
if they go for more than this($435) 1 or 2 months after release ill be shocked..

8s havent released in limited numbers since the jordan hype started (unless I am forgetting something). There was the Suns, Playoffs, and Bugs Bunnies. All mass produced.
you're forgetting the ray Allen/ q-rich hoh 8s that released in 08. Besides that not much.

Didn't have to crush my hopes like that. :smh:
But I did manage to find a preorder for $435 so I'm content for now
that's a great price. Hopefully they ship you the kicks and Dont refund you on RD

btw people said the same thing about DB9s. That because of the 9s as a whole not being that desirable, that the resell price would be minimal. look at them now lol

Last edited:

Easy cop = going into a store at my  convenience and scooping a pair.

I can't say any retro is an "easy cop" based on that. Even the GR's take some luck or  preparation to say the least.
Easy cop = knowing someone who works for nike and they get you a pair using the nike elite account that has every pair of shoes made on id

Easy cop = knowing someone whos the manager at a niketown and you get them for retail

Easy cop = being a rapper Drake or an athelete

Easy cop = ATC

btw people said the same thing about DB9s. That because of the 9s as a whole not being that desirable, that the resell price would be minimal. look at them now lol
That's also 2 years ago...

Like any shoe...the longer they last on the market and pairs dry up, prices increase.  Same thing will happen w/ the 8s eventually, but they won't hit the prices of the 9s for awhile.

I got my 9s around Xmas of 2012, and paid less than $300.  

Last edited:

Like any shoe...the longer they last on the market and pairs dry up, prices increase.  Same thing will happen w/ the 8s eventually, but they won't hit the prices of the 9s for awhile.

you got lucky, it was also nothing minimal about that resell price when they first released as well lol

you got lucky, it was also nothing minimal about that resell price when they first released as well lol
Yea I can agree somewhat.  It helps that I prefer a size 14 in 9s, which usually are one of the "cheaper" sizes to find on eBay.  

Timing is everything with these "quasi-limited" (I would imagine there are more of the DBs produced than the Jeters, ROs, Lunar 90s, LBJ SE's, or Vapor 3s) shoes.  Jump too early...gonna pay.  Wait too long...gonna pay.

I still think these won't be like the re-released 3s, or 5s though.  I see them closer to the 10s in terms of aftermarket price.

Still sucks that's whats going through my  head a week prior to the release.  Wish I could be thinking of what to wear with them, being excited when getting shipping confirmation, anticipating the UPS dude on Wed. etc.  Now, it's all about "when should I buy a pair on eBay".

Ah well...

what are the 9s going for?

Easy cop = going into a store at my  convenience and scooping a pair.

I can't say any retro is an "easy cop" based on that. Even the GR's take some luck or  preparation to say the least.
Easy cop = knowing someone who works for nike and they get you a pair using the nike elite account that has every pair of shoes made on id
Easy cop = knowing someone whos the manager at a niketown and you get them for retail
Easy cop = being a rapper Drake or an athelete
Easy cop = ATC

Lol. Nah those are perks.
The CoolGrey 13 I grabbed today= easy cop

I was under the impression that the 10s were produced in higher numbers than the other DBs.

If I get the 8s and can get some Jeters out of them cool, if not I'll get around to wearing them eventually.

EDIT: I meant 10s

But I have never seen the 9s for less than 450. Even when ebay was flooded.

Last edited:
never really ask for info on here but my hoh phone been busy all day will they be getting them in?

Back
Top Bottom