Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

There was another one.
mean.gif
yea nothing crazy tho... but rather a nice chance for people to cop recent releases at or below retail with WC rewards

oreo is

martians

hare

BoBs

liberty x's

the V's that just came out

probably a couple others.. but that was the bulk of them ... finally nice to see these retro GR's sitting and people eating 

Most people I've talked to are content with the quality for today's standards compared to previous retros and I would have to agree. NT is a small sample size of the general public purchasing these shoes. I don't compare to OGs anymore because that's beating a dead horse, I don't live in the past. All I know is previous GR retros in the past 8+ years are pure synthetic garbage. The remastered line to me is acceptable and definitely upped in quality compared to the past.

All this talk about bad busines and blah blah blah is hilarious. You guys need to undertand, this is the new generation. The Nike and JB hypemachine are now supported by social media. This is like rocketfuel to their already pumped up marketing ploys.

SneakerNews on Instagram ( over 3 million followers) posts the Georgetown 11's and gets 87 THOUSAND LIKES ... read the comments..it only gets worse.... the kids nowadays don't know any different because the now and present is their reality. They were still sucking on their moms teets when most of these shoes came out. This is that new ,new. Us who have been around for a while and can compare 2000's vs 2015's are in the small minority.  

Same thing is happening with the air maxes too... we all complain about the shape.. but Nike doesnt give a F and these new kids are jumping over all these trash releases 

..I'm all for a spirited debate, but lets not go on calling Nike a bad business... theyre incorporated, like Adidas, New Balance and anything else with a .com attached to it...

The machine cant be stopped 

*drops mic* 

Last edited:
I sure hope you guys crying scam haven't bought any Jordan's in over a decade. If you have guess what, YOUR THE PROBLEM. Dudes been feeding the JB monster for years and because they claimed to remaster sneakers that aren't OG exact it's a scam now?

JB been putting out garbage sneakers. I've been collecting since the 90s. Compared to OGs dudes been getting "scammed" in the quality department. If you've been buying them for whatever reason you really have no right to complain now. Your the reason JB continues to BS it's customers.
nah the og columbia 11s are crappier than the the legend blues. i don't give a crap about "buttery leather" or "amazing master quality" lol... i do think a 100% mark up in price is significant + the every week releases. JB killing itself, only people that are cleaning out the sneakers are resellers who are getting crushed. 

it's cool you have been collecting since the 90s... i haven't been "collecting" that long - i think i'm just too old for this ****. 

The dumb part is I rather be young then old. Only sneaker heads try to make it seem cool to be old until real life kicks in lol. I'm somewhere in between but I definitely don't OD preach OG this and that. Too many people stuck in the hayday, live ur lives man, they just shoes. The shoes will hold up, it's not that serious ppl

I feel like there is a time frame for comparisons, maybe early 2000s max? But ppl going back to like OG models 1985-1995 is ridiculous lol. Time machines don't exist, are there 40+ year olds here complaining?

Last edited:
Another thing with this remastered crap are the shoes made under a sz 7.5. They are all pleather. They didn't upgrade to leather like the Mens releases, but they sure did raise the price.

Dudes kill me with this "the hype, the hype" talk :lol:. The brand initiated the hype back in June when they promised better products. All that fear of missing out foolishness cut it out. Regardless of all that if u promise me quality I expect quality when I purchase the product.

I'm only speaking on what I know and what I've seen and dealt with in the business. Im talking business not hype and that other crap y'all speaking on

Another thing with this remastered crap are the shoes made under a sz 7.5. They are all pleather. They didn't upgrade to leather like the Mens releases, but they sure did raise the price.

Another key point.

Bad business idc how the rest of ya'll wanna look at it

The brand is smart, it's just in the long run jeapordizing brand integrity to flip a dollar doesn't make sense to me. Its like Ralph Lauren offering Purple Label and giving the consumers Chaps quality. If u pay for quality u should receive quality goods.

Last edited:

Another key point.

Bad business idc how the rest of ya'll wanna look at it

The brand is smart, it's just in the long run jeapordizing brand integrity to flip a dollar doesn't make sense to me. Its like Ralph Lauren offering Purple Label and giving the consumers Chaps quality. If u pay for quality u should receive quality goods.

It's not bad business since the consumer continues to buy the product. The brand is smart just like you mentioned. Use cheaper materials, subpar quality control, and higher prices.

What's the deal with shoes like the georgetown XI lows and 1 lows not getting the remastered treatment? I thought all shoes from this point would get the remastered quality. If the georgetown XI's are truly like the concord XI lows than why the $20 increase? At least with the other releases they had improved materials.

What's the deal with shoes like the georgetown XI lows and 1 lows not getting the remastered treatment? I thought all shoes from this point would get the remastered quality. If the georgetown XI's are truly like the concord XI lows than why the $20 increase? At least with the other releases they had improved materials.
$20 dollar increase cuz people were paying at lease $200 for them concord XI low after the drop.....why shouldn't they cash out on their own product?

$20 dollar increase cuz people were paying at lease $200 for them concord XI low after the drop.....why shouldn't they cash out on their own product?

There was no need then to implement the remastered line at all since everything was selling out. All they had to do was raise the price while maintaining the crappy quality and they still would be cleaning up. In any event, I am glad they decided to make a better product because for the few remastered shoes I have bought they are some of the most comfortable shoes i have worn.

wait people are leasing sneakers these days?

:rofl:

The funniest thing here is that it's a typo that's lowkey a double entendre. Because these ___s really do practically just lease shoes at this point.

All up in the thread for a pair worried out of their minds about striking out, only to get them and either wear them once or twice or never wear them, before eventually selling them.

i'm guessing the remastered line doesn't include the XI's because i just saw the georgetown XI low that a friend just bought and they look like the same crap material on my gamma blue. 

i'm guessing the remastered line doesn't include the XI's because i just saw the georgetown XI low that a friend just bought and they look like the same crap material on my gamma blue. 

The leather on back actually is soft like the remastered leather. The patent leather is what it is. The problem with the Georgetowns is that the glue jobs were horrible IMO.

Was just browsing the release dates on FNL when I saw these:

Is there more info on these?

JB said that ALL of their retros are now remastered. I mean we know it's bs but that's their claim.

Back
Top Bottom