Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

So would it be correct to assume JB knows their shoes come out like trash but they simply just don't care?

I dunno. You know if I had to speculate I'd say maybe it's possible that certain individuals are worried to say this isn't correct we need to do it again. Maybe they don't want to step on people's toes and with people buying regardless they probably feel close enough is good enough because it obviously is. There's just some people out there that will buy this stuff regardless. Even with this release. No one pointed out that hey, these really don't look nearly identical to the first release which is how their being marketed. All the comments are "copped" or angry that they feel they were being slighted all these years. Forget all that, look at the shoes and ask do these really look as close to the original as possible to justify a price increase? I'd say no, atleast for these or until we see official pics.

So basically they just admitted that their shoes these past few years are of poor quality?

I wonder if nike will follow this process as well? Their basketball retros have been slacking hard since I started buying in 2011
Fixed.
Kills me how people complain, but still buy. All sounding like addicts.
I feel you, and I can't speak for others but I've come so close to getting the only Jordan's I need, passing on literally 99.9% of what I don't. Next year, if these releases come to fruition (Hares, Bordeaux, BC 4s NA, and BC 3s NA) it will be all for me. I've already made the switch to other brands such as Adidas, Ewings, NB, and Asics. They've been putting out gems and matching them with quality materials.

Even before this news of JB remastering their line came out, I've stated 2015 is it for me. The 7s are all I need to be done until they up quality and bring back NA. If it all happens in 2015 then even better, I get it all out of the way next year and I'm out. Ain't no "If they drop this I'll be back" **** either, they could come out with Concord 11s, right PL cut, jump man facing the right way, NA on the insole, retro card, all that, pass.

I'd like to see the same shoes but with new material. the foam on the 3's 4's5's is crap. put a new er more durable material in those spots. we shouldn't have to worry about those shoes falling apart after 10 wears.

I'm down for the better quality , but they will be even harder to get on release days probably

Some good comments also fam

i can't get em on release date anyways. i live in the middle of nowhere. no stores get em and internet is too slow. ebay has become my friend. hate overpaying for cheap crap though.

Those pics are staged to look great. When's the last time your big Mac looked like the one on the menu. Pics could be airbrushed for all we know. JB sees what people are paying for their shoes and they want their cut. It would be nice for them to do what their saying but I don't buy it based on their track record. Doesn't make sense IMO.

THIS!!!

The idea is good. Let's see if they actually deliver. Those 4's are not identical though. The jumpman on the back was plastic not sewn on.

The idea is good. Let's see if they actually deliver. Those 4's are not identical though. The jumpman on the back was plastic not sewn on.

The Jumpman on the heel on the new pairs is plastic too. But that shape is miles away from where it should be.

Dudes love crying about "quality" when their pockets are low.. Wonder what the new excuse is gonna be.

little stuff like that is more trouble then it's worth I'm already kinda mad that they paid more attention to the jumpman having fingers then the overall shape of the shoe

it pretty much looks like they kept the same molds and just used respectable material, I'm not seeing these new molds dude spoke of. I really hope they weren't just talking about the jumpman :lol:

little stuff like that is more trouble then it's worth I'm already kinda mad that they paid more attention to the jumpman having fingers then the overall shape of the shoe

it pretty much looks like they kept the same molds and just used respectable material, I'm not seeing these new molds dude spoke of. I really hope they weren't just talking about the jumpman :lol:

Exactly.

Who gives a **** about the jumpman? Its really hard to mess up a Nike swoosh...

Do that and correct the damn shape.

Hell, tell MJ to bring his original shoes in from home and copy those. ****.

SOMEBODY working there has an original release AJ4 that can be referenced...

Last edited:
I wonder what other retros will be coming out next year. I hope it's metallic Vs I want another pair and I don't wanna have to look at buying the 07 release at such high prices on the bay

The dude in the interview was asked about the cracking on ivs and he stated that its inevitable. Dub zeros and flight 89s take a considerable amount of time to crack but on one of the best looking shoes ever made and praised the black cement ivs...they crack after very minimal wear 2 to 10 wears lol... the polyurethane imo was of low quality also compared to the white cement retro of 2012. This is not on accident...this was on purpose

Last edited:
The dude in the interview was asked about the cracking on ivs and he stated that its inevitable. Dub zeros and flight 89s take a considerable amount of time to crack but on one of the best looking shoes ever made and praised the black cement ivs...they crack after very minimal wear 2 to 10 wears lol... the polyurethane imo was of low quality also compared to the white cement retro of 2012. This is not on accident...this was on purpose
well said. and they know that any little youngin who reads that interview will just accept cracking now simply because they said that. a more detailed jumpman and slightly, slightly thicker and more tumbled leather isn't worth a 200 dollar price point
mean.gif
. sad thing is hype is going to EXPLODE once they do start releasing these small upgrades. people are going to act like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and resale will get even crazier because ignorant folks will actually believe these shoes are worth like 400 dollars (some already believe that now). It's pretty much a lost cause at this point there is no win for us, only them. Those who want to dish out a Benjamin per $5 worth of material have at it. keep giving them  entirely too much profit so they can continue to sip pina colada on the beach for the next 20 years while your retros crumble

Back
Top Bottom