Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I think it's as simple as Nike knowing, the retros sell out no matter what, then they resale for 20-60 higher anyways, so why not raise the prices? either they make the money or the resellers do. They won't be forced to drop the price until they start sitting on shelves
and even then all they'll do is drop it back down to ~200. I don't think they'll ever need to lower It though. once it gets to a sticking point where sales are noticeably slow (250,300?) they will just come up with yet anoher gimmick to "justify" it, or include a bunch of special edition dust bags/junk that doesn't really cost a thing and keep it at that price. and from there they will slowly start cheaping out on stuff again. it's a never ending cycle

Last edited:
So what is "remastered" about the Barcelona Nights that dropped today? Materials? Shape? QC? No, No, and NO. JB with the rope a dope. 

I'm just about finished with it. As we speak some Taxi XII CDP's are pushing $400 in bids on Ebay. GMP pushing $600. If I met the person who paid four bills for the CDP Taxi's, questionable quality at best, I would straight up kick him in the nuts. I hate the word "hypebeast" but that's who's driving the prices up and walking around all matchy matchy looking like a damn fool. It's getting embarrassing wearing J's...

went to the mall today in my town & ish was like a JB  advertising campaign no lie 70% of the shoes i saw were JB the majority being "remastered" retros. i only went to one snkr store while i was there as it was family day for me & the store i went into had oreo iv's,BOB X,laser 1,FB 7 i asked the guy what sz's were available he said two pairs in each size at least in most sizes.i finally believe in my city the resale game has been fixed it's full of hype beast last yr. the majority of all retros sold out as soon as the stores opened.

This whole “remaster” campaign is a joke.

View media item 1439617
View media item 1439618

This WAS my cousin’s pair of Oreo’s before he got rid of them. I wanted to see/feel what a remastered retro was first hand. What a disappointment. How could the Jumpman be off-centered? In my years of collecting and wearing retro IVs, I have never personally seen this. Every IV, (and even IIIs) that I’ve seen have centered Jumpmans. (Jumpman retros of course) You would expect these high quality remastered retros to be flawless. This was not the case. And for $190!? With the direction JB is heading, I personally we be sitting on the sidelines. I refuse to buy an inferior product that is said to be “better” than what was previously made before.
:smh:

View media item 1439617
View media item 1439618

This WAS my cousin’s pair of Oreo’s before he got rid of them. I wanted to see/feel what a remastered retro was first hand. What a disappointment. How could the Jumpman be off-centered? In my years of collecting and wearing retro IVs, I have never personally seen this. Every IV, (and even IIIs) that I’ve seen have centered Jumpmans. (Jumpman retros of course) You would expect these high quality remastered retros to be flawless. This was not the case. And for $190!? With the direction JB is heading, I personally we be sitting on the sidelines. I refuse to buy an inferior product that is said to be “better” than what was previously made before.
you do know the pic the jumpman is from, jordan was a little uneven?
it's actually correct on the shoes you posted lol

View media item 1439617
View media item 1439618

Aka "the crooked booty"

A lot of the 4s have the crooked jump man, OG and new. There is suppose the be a little tilt, but sometimes it's outright crooked. Repoed for using a level lol

Last edited:
Good thing he resold them. He didn't deserve them anyway. Most of these people are dissecting these shoes for resell purposes.

I bought the Columbia 4's and all I did was check the sizes and a quick glance over the shoe, then back in the box. Who is going to get that close to your shoes?

you do know the pic the jumpman is from, jordan was a little uneven?
it's actually correct on the shoes you posted lol

Aka "the crooked booty"

A lot of the 4s have the crooked jump man, OG and new. There is suppose the be a little tilt, but sometimes it's outright crooked. Repoed for using a level lol

Here's another JM pic. They look centered to me.
16i8ent.jpg

The Nike Air in that pick is crooked and those jumpmans don't match up! More proof of what og jordan heads know. These shoes have always had flaws, the materials were just more solid!

Last edited:
LOL really?  People bringing out levels now when checking out their shoes lol  Im laughing but this deserves a smh
mean.gif

mean.gif
But you see this ***** brought out the leveling ruler though
roll.gif

Very interesting article one Sole Collector stating their new product line and quality control direction.

I tried to embed the link but it seems SC links are forbidden. Also new retros will have 10% to 15% price increase depending on the model. In other words expect $200 Jordan XI mid now.

Here's a quick snippet of the article.

Is this remastering of the retros limited to particular shoes, or is it the way they’ll all be done?

Dave Schecter: We are going to be remastering out whole retro line starting Spring 15. It’s comprised of a couple different factors. One, we have the most highly qualified colleagues in Asia at the factory level who are working on our retro products. We have really high standards for production and quality controls. That’s one big part of it, and that kicked in last year actually, so we’ve been doing that for a while. And then the next piece is that we’re going to be, starting with Spring 15, all retro models in men’s are going to be redone, meaning new materials and getting as close to the original construction as humanly possible. It’s a pretty big deal.

I don't think J's are made with higher quality .. To me , just the exterior of the shoe will only look nice . I haven't copped any new j's nor do I plan to . If the whole shoe itself is a better shoe rather than just the quality , it's worth the $200 . the best example I got for this is yall know how a pretty chick looks good with make up and looks ight w/o it ? I believe that's how the shoes are being made . Plus why can't JB leave all the OG color ways in the past and come up with some new **** like the Beautiful wolf grey 5's

question is:

if we time travelled back to og (nike air heel) days, and if there was qc issues, would we really complain and nitpick if we had nothing to compare or contrast to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom