Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

If you look closely at the back of a 3 with Nike Air, the paint job on the recent releases are consistent not only on the face of the emblem but on the edges as well. The 1994 and a few after that only painted the face of the emblem and not the edges. When the 2013 NA version was released, it resembled a 94 more than an 88. The detail was fixed on the True Blue in 2016 like engineer engineer said. One of the reasons I liked the FTL so much was because of that minor detail that matched the 1988 returned on that shoe. I hope this following release stays true to that small difference.

If you look closely at the back of a 3 with Nike Air, the paint job on the recent releases are consistent not only on the face of the emblem but on the edges as well. The 1994 and a few after that only painted the face of the emblem and not the edges. When the 2013 NA version was released, it resembled a 94 more than an 88. The detail was fixed on the True Blue in 2016 like engineer engineer said. One of the reasons I liked the FTL so much was because of that minor detail that matched the 1988 returned on that shoe. I hope this following release stays true to that small difference.
Yeah, and it shouldn’t even be painted, it should be the actual color of the plastic. As it is on the new Fire Reds.

We all complain about elephant strip on the toe is too high on retros?
Well the OG pair that MJ wore was high too.

But the elephant print on these are so thin and clean👀
644E153A-3DE8-4FEC-BCDB-CBD52E05F7C4.jpeg
843309FE-2BB6-4D3E-A22E-C8739DB00B21.jpeg

This has been discussed.

However, because of the sleeker shape on the OG's the higher EP on the toes doesn't effect the overall look as it does with modern shaped 3's. Those OG's up there still look good.

Plus folks forget quality control wasn’t THAT superb back then. Inconsistencies happen but what is known amongst folks that were there is that for the majority of the pairs that released followed a blueprint with lower EP.

It’s a little weird whenever this comes up for III’s, IV’s, XI’s etc that someone will find a random OG shoe and make it the baseline for EP, PL etc like we haven’t seen wild pairs over the years say otherwise. :lol:

I dig these pics, even tho these have obv been a bit flattened over the years :lol:

As 1978S 1978S said correctly the complaints we focus on is really just shown when comparing this MJ pair with what JB gave us up to 2018. The black/cement are what we call the steeltoe edition 3, and even with a little higher EP on MJ's shoe it is STILL almost half the size at the front of the BC here.

AJ32.jpg

AJ3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom