Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

All your going to see in abundance out in the wild, no matter where you're at, is DUNKS, AF1,S, AJ 1 S AND 4,S, AND SLIDES OR CROCS. It's really predictable what's popular or what's going to be popular, once you see the young generation or social media influencers all start wearing the same stuff all at the same time repeatedly. It's as if nobody can think for themselves as to what they actually like.

Once you see 10+ people all wearing the same shoes in that same week, and then you continue to see everybody start to wearing THAT SHOE, it's over with. You might as well retire those pairs,unless if it's just a Colorway you undeniably love, and you don't care wearing what everyone else is wearing.

I love a new pair of ALL WHITE AF1,S. But the popularity of them at this moment is INSANE. Nike could survive off of AF1,s ALONE right now. Everybody atleast has 2 to 3 pairs right now.

All your going to see in abundance out in the wild, no matter where you're at, is DUNKS, AF1,S, AJ 1 S AND 4,S, AND SLIDES OR CROCS. It's really predictable what's popular or what's going to be popular, once you see the young generation or social media influencers all start wearing the same stuff all at the same time repeatedly. It's as if nobody can think for themselves as to what they actually like.

Once you see 10+ people all wearing the same shoes in that same week, and then you continue to see everybody start to wearing THAT SHOE, it's over with. You might as well retire those pairs,unless if it's just a Colorway you undeniably love, and you don't care wearing what everyone else is wearing.
In my opinion, not wearing something that you like just because everyone else is wearing that shoe, is no different than wearing a shoe just because it's the TikTok shoe of the moment.

Either way, you're letting the opinion of others dictate what you wear.

At least partially probably because of my age and my peer group and where I go, I don't see a lot of shoes I expect to see out in the wild. But the Panda thing is insane. Practically everywhere I go in L.A. I see multiple if not countless people rocking them. I've literally seen entire family groups wearing them. It's so prevalent that my nine-year-old and I have a running joke about it, and he really doesn't care much about shoes. I'm honestly surprised the fad hasn't worn off by now if only because I'd expect a lot of people to be like, man these are played out, time to move on LOL
But Nike keeps restocking them and people keep on buying them. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it, other than I guess Yeezys when that whole thing was at its apex.

At least partially probably because of my age and my peer group and where I go, I don't see a lot of shoes I expect to see out in the wild. But the Panda thing is insane. Practically everywhere I go in L.A. I see multiple if not countless people rocking them. I've literally seen entire family groups wearing them. It's so prevalent that my nine-year-old and I have a running joke about it, and he really doesn't care much about shoes. I'm honestly surprised the fad hasn't worn off by now if only because I'd expect a lot of people to be like, man these are played out, time to move on LOL
But Nike keeps restocking them and people keep on buying them. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it, other than I guess Yeezys when that whole thing was at its apex.

I think they are versatile and better looking than the converse allstar. Everybody who was not into sneakers rocked converse back when I was a kid. The panda dunk has reached that crowd.

I think they are versatile and better looking than the converse allstar. Everybody who was not into sneakers rocked converse back when I was a kid. The panda dunk has reached that crowd.

Interesting point. Could be. What's extra notable about it is how that particular shoe bridges generation gaps, it's not just "the kids" all wearing them. Hell, my sister-in-law is in her late 30s, and while she likes cool shoes and clothes, she's no kind of sneaker geek, and she came to me six month ago wanting to know how she could get a pair. Apparently all the moms she sees and knows are all rocking them, too. It's hilarious to me.

Interesting point. Could be. What's extra notable about it is how that particular shoe bridges generation gaps, it's not just "the kids" all wearing them. Hell, my sister-in-law is in her late 30s, and while she likes cool shoes and clothes, she's no kind of sneaker geek, and she came to me six month ago wanting to know how she could get a pair. Apparently all the moms she sees and knows are all rocking them, too. It's hilarious to me.
I bought a pair when they first dropped and I sold them bcuz the leather they use is just trash. They were going to be my everyday pair at the time. Thank God I did bcuz everyone and their goldfish has a pair now. I’m sick of seeing them.

I bought a pair when they first dropped and I sold them bcuz the leather they use is just trash. They were going to be my everyday pair at the time. Thank God I did bcuz everyone and their goldfish has a pair now. I’m sick of seeing them.

Yeah, I sold my red-swoosh "pandas" because the "leather" is practically plastic, too. And a lot of Dunks I see in stores seem pretty bad, too.
Coincidentally, these literally just arrived from Nike By You. Definitely looks and feels like better leather on these.
IMG_2366.jpg

I see a lot of New Balance nowadays too. My son is 17 and he mostly wears those and dunks. Only J's he likes are the 3s and 11s.

That’s literally what every generation says about the one that comes after it.

…in this case it just happens to be true.
A few weeks ago I was on a date and this 20-something kid wanted to impress his friends by walking up to me and my date and calling me “dad”, mostly in reference to the fact I had on jeans, a t shirt, and Jordan 6’s. I laughed at him and said I’m the one on a date while you’re gonna go home and make great use of your hand. He didn’t know what to say after that and even his own friends laughed at him.

Dad bod/fashion or not, us older guys do it better, and the young guys scratch their heads and wonder why the ladies go for us lol. My d*** is longer and i shoot farther kiddo, back off. :lol:

Also, next Gen Z’er I hear say that Kdot or Drake is better than Pac, I’m gonna jack slap them across their head.

Last edited:
I see a lot of New Balance nowadays too. My son is 17 and he mostly wears those and dunks. Only J's he likes are the 3s and 11s.
I think sneakers have kind of followed music. The space is so much wider and deeper than it was 10 years ago, let alone 20 that there’s more variety in the popular lexicon. And fashion has sort of met NBs and other brands (see: mesh runners) in the moment for a different look.

It might be the one good outcome overall from how tough Nike/JB product became from 2015-2021. Consumers stepped back and saw more choice in the market and some great designs from outside of basketball have risen to the forefront.

I think sneakers have kind of followed music. The space is so much wider and deeper than it was 10 years ago, let alone 20 that there’s more variety in the popular lexicon. And fashion has sort of met NBs and other brands (see: mesh runners) in the moment for a different look.

It might be the one good outcome overall from how tough Nike/JB product became from 2015-2021. Consumers stepped back and saw more choice in the market and some great designs from outside of basketball have risen to the forefront.

And most of these kids have no connection to most of the shoes we love beyond being a shoe. We all have a load of nostalgia and associations with athletes and musicians and times in our lives. Most of them haven't even seen Jordan play beyond a youtube highlight video, and they probably never heard of Andre Agassi or Bo Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom