Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

SmellyFeet-Opt1.gif

Had to return mine, they looked like boats on me esp since I don’t wear baggy pants 🤔
Sure they made them a bit higher and make the toe a bit slanted but doing so they made them more bulky, the og looks so sleek, these not :frown:

I doubled up and decided to return the second pair. Went back to Snipes in Brooklyn, who refused to take them back. They claimed that they were final sale, even though there was nothing said about final sale at the time of purchase, plus I had a paper receipt and an email receipt that both said returns were accepted within 30 days. Called my credit card company and explained the situation, who refunded me immediately. Thanks for the free double up Snipes!

Had to return mine, they looked like boats on me esp since I don’t wear baggy pants 🤔
Sure they made them a bit higher and make the toe a bit slanted but doing so they made them more bulky, the og looks so sleek, these not :frown:
The OG did look big and "bulky". Jordan 4s have been slimmed down over the years, they're finally getting back to how they should be.

The OG did look big and "bulky". Jordan 4s have been slimmed down over the years, they're finally getting back to how they should be.
Idk man maybe we can agree to disagree cuz different people can see things differently But I see the ogs as slick, form fitting to feet, and almost aggressive looking, but these look like toys to me if that makes sense 🤷🏽‍♂️

Idk man maybe we can agree to disagree cuz different people can see things differently But I see the ogs as slick, form fitting to feet, and almost aggressive looking, but these look like toys to me if that makes sense 🤷🏽‍♂️
:lol: trust me on this one, the OGs looked even bigger than these retro Military Blues you're talking about.

The OGs are the ones on top.
20240601_173517.jpg

lol shoes getting returned doesn’t equal “hitting the outlet”. Been a half dozen restocks the past week and all sold out within a minute. Price is over retail on resale sites. 🤣

I was just on Facebook, some kids posted that 2005-2006-2007 was the best time for Jordan Retros. :lol:

And of course they were posting Jordan 4 lightnings, tour yellows, military Blue. :lol:
I'm telling you. If the average 'sneakerhead' from my generation and those closest are allowed a seat at the head of the table when it comes to Air Jordan and Nike Retro discussions, we're gonna end up back in the Gentry era forreal. Nike did a poll the day of the shock drop for these and over 20% of people voted that they didn't care about the shoe having OG specs/being closer to their original 1989 counterpart. I've even seen people on insta hating on this year's release saying that the 2012 was better. I know opinions are opinions but sheesh. :smh:

Last edited:
I doubled up and decided to return the second pair. Went back to Snipes in Brooklyn, who refused to take them back. They claimed that they were final sale, even though there was nothing said about final sale at the time of purchase, plus I had a paper receipt and an email receipt that both said returns were accepted within 30 days. Called my credit card company and explained the situation, who refunded me immediately. Thanks for the free double up Snipes!

It’s because bklyn (sad to say) is the borough of scammers lol. That’s probably why they didn’t take them.

Nonetheless, you won. They played themselves. Any other store would’ve taken those back with no issue and an employee would’ve copped.

I can tell alot of people on here weren't around when the OG,s released. Because the OG 3,s, 4,s 5,s and 6,s were all somewhat bulky. It's just that the majority of everybody, are just use to the trash quality retros that we were getting from 2004 - 2013 (Minus the Retro 1,s highs that released in 13). That you either dont remember how the OG,s looked in person, or you weren't born yet to experience having a pair of OG back in the 1980,s.

Like ive said before, Nike and Jordan Brand are finally getting it right, and people are still complaining over nothing. They've finally gotten it right with the reimagined 3,s (minus the sail midsole), reimagined 4s (even though its all leather, and not Durabuck), and especially with these Military 4,s.

The only issue is that there's a slight change in color or materials, so some releases aren't 1 of 1,s just yet. But im sure once they hit the retro 3 Blk/Cement and 85 retro 1 High OG, some of yall are still going to complain, even though those releases are going to be exactly like the originals are, just like these Military 4,s.

The only difference between the recent OG retros, in comparison to the original OG,s that were released for the very first time. Is the quality of materials that were used on the first releases. The OG,s had way more premium materials used on them. The quality was just top notch back then, in comparison to what they're using today on the retros. They're never going to be able to use those same types of materials from the 1980,s because the price would be $250 - $300 for retros.

But the OG,s were definitely bulky in size and cut.

I can tell alot of people on here weren't around when the OG,s released. Because the OG 3,s, 4,s 5,s and 6,s were all somewhat bulky. It's just that the majority of everybody, are just use to the trash quality retros that we were getting from 2004 - 2013 (Minus the Retro 1,s highs that released in 13). That you either dont remember how the OG,s looked in person, or you weren't born yet to experience having a pair of OG back in the 1980,s.

Like ive said before, Nike and Jordan Brand are finally getting it right, and people are still complaining over nothing. They've finally gotten it right with the reimagined 3,s (minus the sail midsole), reimagined 4s (even though its all leather, and not Durabuck), and especially with these Military 4,s.

The only issue is that there's a slight change in color or materials, so some releases aren't 1 of 1,s just yet. But im sure once they hit the retro 3 Blk/Cement and 85 retro 1 High OG, some of yall are still going to complain, even though those releases are going to be exactly like the originals are, just like these Military 4,s.

The only difference between the recent OG retros, in comparison to the original OG,s that were released for the very first time. Is the quality of materials that were used on the first releases. The OG,s had way more premium materials used on them. The quality was just top notch back then, in comparison to what they're using today on the retros. They're never going to be able to use those same types of materials from the 1980,s because the price would be $250 - $300 for retros.

But the OG,s were definitely bulky in size and cut.
Agree except for the material quality. Maybe the OG 3s had quality leather but 4,5,6 had full synthetic uppers for the most part. They could easily offer the same quality materials at the $215 price point.

Basically I had to mail back mine since I paid with Paypal. And lucky you, flip them.

Back
Top Bottom