Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

Ahh, Wilson’s: The Leather Experts

Those stores smelled amazing!
Definitely sat in the middle of a clothing rack at Wilson's more than once with my little sister as a small kid. That's the collab we needed in the 90s/00s..... Wilson's Leather x Nike/Jordan Brand
1000006977.gif

People don't like them but the dunk from above 4s are my favorite leather on a 4. Maybe I was fooled with the edges but looked and felt like a leather jacket from Wilson's 😂

1000006976.jpg

Agreed; these are super nice and one of my better quality Jordans. I do, however, have them listed on eBay b/c I just never seem to reach for them. Sometimes the best quality sneakers don't get worn b/c they just don't hit the same way.

Agreed; these are super nice and one of my better quality Jordans. I do, however, have them listed on eBay b/c I just never seem to reach for them. Sometimes the best quality sneakers don't get worn b/c they just don't hit the same way.
I rocked mine a lot before I got rid of them in The Great Jordan 4 Sell Off of 2020.....mere weeks.....days even before the last dance documentary 🤦🏿‍♂️. Lots of $$$$$ missed 😂 . Until the recent reshape 4s killed my feet. These and the Oreos and Columbia's didn't hurt me almost at all though. I think the leather helped. But I was selling everything and the momentum got to me and I let go of every single 4 I owned 😂.

These and the chlorophyll 3s (super underrated as well) were my most worn Js during that time. And that leather held up well on the dunk from above. This is one of the pics of them before I sold them. Easily wore them 30 times and they still looked this good.
20201116_131543.jpg

I would like to see these drop again with a few improvements. Shape, obviously. Also would block the outsole exactly like the SB 4s with gum sections only on the front and back and make the sock liner blue instead of yellow.

if y'all thought wilsons jackets were quality leather...lord help us.
Honestly Wilson’s stuff was about mid grade for leather quality back in those days. But tell me it’s not astonishing to imagine mall stores today carrying actual leather goods? I remember Belk and all those anchor stores had lots of genuine leather be in on those dad loafers, women’s bags etc… nowadays not only are those stores totally falling apart, but the “leather” merchandise is all seemingly pleathery garbage. Wilson’s might not have been high end, but to a poor kid like me it sure seemed fancy.

Honestly Wilson’s stuff was about mid grade for leather quality back in those days. But tell me it’s not astonishing to imagine mall stores today carrying actual leather goods? I remember Belk and all those anchor stores had lots of genuine leather be in on those dad loafers, women’s bags etc… nowadays not only are those stores totally falling apart, but the “leather” merchandise is all seemingly pleathery garbage. Wilson’s might not have been high end, but to a poor kid like me it sure seemed fancy.

Just quality clothing in general is nearly non-existent in mall stores and department stores, even at "nicer" department stores like Nordstrom. Most of the stuff in there might as well be what's already at Marshall's.

Also, "genuine leather" is now more or less an industry term that means "we know it's garbage, but it's actually animal skin, technically". Definitely does not mean quality. Really nice leather is thicker cuts with actual grain, like the stuff that is used in quality boots. That stuff doesn't make sense for sneakers. Just give me some grain and that buttery softness, and I'll excuse the actual quality of the material. It's a $200 sneaker, not a $600 boot.

That smell of a Wilson's Leather though? Gimme that every damn day!

if y'all thought wilsons jackets were quality leather...lord help us.
Can't believe I'm about to have to say this in a sneaker forum 🤦🏿‍♂️.......There's degrees of quality😂. The same way you scoff at Wilson's is the same way my uncles scoffed at "tennis shoes". To them it was a waste to spend the money I spent on sneakers. They were buying Bruno Magli's and gators and Ferragamo's. That was a quality to them. To them sneakers was trash. You bought a pair to work out in. Not to get fly in.

Wilson's was fine. Wasn't top notch but, was definitely mid-tier quality. And every market needs a mid tier option. If we can assign ANY degree of quality to Jordans and Nikes SURELY Wilson's gets a pass 😂.
1000006983.gif

People don't like them but the dunk from above 4s are my favorite leather on a 4. Maybe I was fooled with the edges but looked and felt like a leather jacket from Wilson's 😂

1000006976.jpg
One of my favs as well and top 5 most comfy Jordan 4 that ever met my feet. All of my gum sole 4’s are comfy, except maybe the Single’s Day 4’s. My netting is starting to yellow.

Can I return worn shoes to nike? I wore these for a few hours. Don't love them enough to have 3 pair. Too bad because ive wanted these for so long. 1 is going back.

Guess it depends on how worn they look :lol:

Returning the worn pair and keeping the DS could make sense

I'm gonna go through all 3 and see which I like the least. But, why not return the worn pair and have 2 ds pairs??
Bro cuz u said u wore em for a few hours lol. Tbh I wouldn’t even trip if you said you played 48 minutes, got 25-8-8 in em and returned them. But a pair you just rocked casually once, may as well keep them lol. Idc though, your money :nthat:

Do you but seems crazy to me to need a DS pair. I fail to understand how you wear a classic pair once and don’t plan on wearing it again when you bought three pairs. 🤣
I wear mine. None are ds forever.

I appreciate all the feedback. Especially the scumbag part. I can assure all of u I am no scumbag. I didn't even kno they accepted worn shoes. So, clearly I don't partake in your so called scumbag tactics. I spend too much on shoes, as do most of u. So, if I keep the 2 unworn pairs and return the worn pair then so be it. And, upon further review of said shoes, the quality is not as great as most of you are stating. The worn pair has crooked netting on one shoe. Kind of annoying for a $230+ shoe.

I'll do me tho. U do u. Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Back
Top Bottom