Jordan Retro 1 '85 Black/Red Feb 14th 2025

Yea it’s pretty crazy. Though when you take inflation into account they’re roughly the same price as they used to be. It’s still annoying though cause the quality rarely comes close to the original.
Also, the OGs has “new tech” (for the time) meanwhile the retros are a nearly 35 year old mass produced shoe.

as someone who hasn't bought a pair of the '85 retros (or own any of the original 1985 drops), i wouldn't mind dropping 215/250 for these. i haven't owned a pair of black and red 1s ever since i started collecting, so i'm stoked that i'll be getting a chance to cop them now

as someone who hasn't bought a pair of the '85 retros (or own any of the original 1985 drops), i wouldn't mind dropping 215/250 for these. i haven't owned a pair of black and red 1s ever since i started collecting, so i'm stoked that i'll be getting a chance to cop them now

Curious to know when you started collecting

Only pair I have is from the DMP pack. Tried for the 2016 release. Missed. Tried to find them in 1994, but was somewhat limited with mom being my way to the mall. Wasnt interested in the Banneds because of the X on the shoe. 2001 I was broke. Getting this release no matter what.

I had the 1994’s but beat them to the ground at some point and eventually sold them along with many pairs from old collection.

The $250 price point is crazy, if true. I’d still be in for a pair though just cause I’ve been waiting for these in an 85 high mold.

Curious to know when you started collecting
Started collecting around 2010, during high school. I had very little knowledge of everything sneaker-related so I didn't know how to source out pairs yet.

And in my experience here in the Philippines we rarely get anything valuable during those days. Still have to learn which pairs dropped and which pairs didn't before I started collecting, but I remember when I tried looking for the Banned 1s on any Nike store when it first dropped. Came up empty-handed.

Plus I struck out on both the '13s and '16s :lol: didn't care for the reimagined pair either

You know when a popular pair drops and you get it but don't wanna wear it "because everybody else is wearing them" so you stash for a few months?!?

That ain't happening here, short of a blizzard (because February) these things is going right on feet.

Only pair I have is from the DMP pack. Tried for the 2016 release. Missed. Tried to find them in 1994, but was somewhat limited with mom being my way to the mall. Wasnt interested in the Banneds because of the X on the shoe. 2001 I was broke. Getting this release no matter what.
Why did you sleep on the 2013 release?

Back
Top Bottom