Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

ok guys here is pretty much a 90% complete product left shoe tho lol right still needs work, I notice the tongue needs another coat of paint 
mad.gif
 notice right when i put the laces i added the finisher looks really nice not too glossy and not too matte.  again i apologize for the bathroom pics but its the only place with really good lighting in my house. 

poor right shoe needs to be finished 

missing the finisher not bad for freehand thanks to the wifey
Did you have to prep the laser areas with acetone? That's the 3M area right? You inspired me to do a custom as well. I've been wanting a pair of royals or bred 1s but the prices are too steep and this is still way cheaper than buying them DS. Plus it'll look more unique. Also, for the sock liner, did you use GAC-900 mixed with black paint when painting it?

Did you have to prep the laser areas with acetone? That's the 3M area right? You inspired me to do a custom as well. I've been wanting a pair of royals or bred 1s but the prices are too steep and this is still way cheaper than buying them DS. Plus it'll look more unique. Also, for the sock liner, did you use GAC-900 mixed with black paint when painting it?

http://niketalk.com/t/610088/jordan...-2015-185-30th-anniversary/1530#post_23113889

I posted this when i stared its all the materials i used and some tutorial videos.

Yeah man, i refuse to pay 1k for a pair of 140$ shoes driven by hype lol so go custom cheap way out lmao, post pics man if you need any tips let me know.

acetone can be used from what read, i got the deglazer from angelus smells just like acetone so you should be fine.

http://niketalk.com/t/610088/jordan...-2015-185-30th-anniversary/1530#post_23113889

I posted this when i stared its all the materials i used and some tutorial videos.

Yeah man, i refuse to pay 1k for a pair of 140$ shoes driven by hype lol so go custom cheap way out lmao, post pics man if you need any tips let me know.

acetone can be used from what read, i got the deglazer from angelus smells just like acetone so you should be fine.
Thanks man! I should be getting the shoes in next friday. Caught a DS pair on ebay for $150 which isnt bad considering retail is 185 + tax. I should be getting started after the 20th since I have to finish my university's finals.

^ What colourway you going to do @Jayocampo

I got too impatient and ordered my pair of Lasers for $140 from fleaBay. I had to jump at the chance because of the $30 international shipping which is amongst the cheapest I've seen anywhere 
nthat.gif

Grab one to do one of these customs, and now Im feeling guilty about painting a perfectly good shoe haha. Hopefully my JJ has these after the CHI 1s drop so I can get another.

Grab one to do one of these customs, and now Im feeling guilty about painting a perfectly good shoe haha. Hopefully my JJ has these after the CHI 1s drop so I can get another.

Lmao I know the feeling thats why I got an extra pair and saved my personal original pair.

^ What colourway you going to do @Jayocampo

I got too impatient and ordered my pair of Lasers for $140 from fleaBay. I had to jump at the chance because of the $30 international shipping which is amongst the cheapest I've seen anywhere 
nthat.gif

I'm thinking of Royal colorway, but might end up doing bred since my 2001 pair is almost on its way to retirement. Missed chances at getting a pair  in '13 made me kinda salty. Fixed raffles and bots were killing me. I'll flip a coin when I start buying the paint lol.

First time attempting to customize a shoe. Was originally going to make a Black Toe custom with a grey heal, but duo 1026 duo 1026 (thanks for your help btw) inspired me to make these. Came out a lil glossier than I wanted. I should have went with the matte finisher. Just got the sock liner, wings logo, and the tongue left to do.

View media item 1528029

great job. Im thinking about doing the bred colorway.  What do you plan on using to paint sock liner? GAC? or water mix? 

great job. Im thinking about doing the bred colorway.  What do you plan on using to paint sock liner? GAC? or water mix? 

Think I'm gonna do the 50/50 water and paint mix. I bought a heat gun and a bottle of GAC too, but I don't trust myself using it. :lol:

Think I'm gonna do the 50/50 water and paint mix. I bought a heat gun and a bottle of GAC too, but I don't trust myself using it.
laugh.gif

does a 50/50 mix work just as well as using GAC? kinda want to save money buying a heat gun and GAC.

First time attempting to customize a shoe. Was originally going to make a Black Toe custom with a grey heal, but duo 1026 duo 1026 (thanks for your help btw) inspired me to make these. Came out a lil glossier than I wanted. I should have went with the matte finisher. Just got the sock liner, wings logo, and the tongue left to do.

View media item 1528029

Nice!!!!! How was your experience with the sole dye??? Mines was terrible lol i think you can hit it with a matte finisher to tone them down a bit if they are too glossy. Try it on a small area first just in case. Nice work man glad i could help.

duo 1026 duo 1026 thanks bro. Dyeing the sole was the hardest thing to do imo. Took forever to dry and still leaves smudges everywhere after handling the shoe. Was able to get the smudges off with a little deglazer and a q-tip. Think ima order some matte finisher and give it a try. Need to find some detail paint brushes for the wings logo and NA tag. Still haven't received the stencils yet. :smh:

duo 1026 duo 1026 thanks bro. Dyeing the sole was the hardest thing to do imo. Took forever to dry and still leaves smudges everywhere after handling the shoe. Was able to get the smudges off with a little deglazer and a q-tip. Think ima order some matte finisher and give it a try. Need to find some detail paint brushes for the wings logo and NA tag. Still haven't received the stencils yet. :smh:

Yeah thats one step i forgot to mention, you have to use deglazer on the whole sole till no more blue runs of it. Its a bit of a pain. Yeah it took a while to get mine as well.

Back
Top Bottom