Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

just grabbed my laser from JJ for $109. think i'ma go back and get a few more pairs. def. gotta get some laser royals made.
There's one back home where I'm from but a new one opening up where I go to college. Anyone have any ideas if they'll be $185 or $109? Just scooped up another pair for 160 shipped, can't beat $109 but better than $185 +tax lol

Idk if they will go on sale. Honestly even the chicago 1s sat in stores for a long time when they released in 2012 (2013?) and they never went on sale. I think only mids go on sale.
If i miss out on the chicago ill just bite the bullet on a pair but still determined to get em for the low lol

FYI: You can use coupon code MEMORIAL15A on jimmy jazz online and get 20% ($37) off on the Laser 1s. Better than $185. Sizes 7.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, and 13 left

Look up sneakerheadinthebay on youtube and watch his tut. Bought some lasers/paint last night since i'll be free this weekend.

Lol so my 2001 bred's air unit in the right shoe crumbled, but the shoe is still wearable. I guess I'm making a bred custom! I'll probably buy another pair if my JJ has my size on sale. Hopefully I get to order the material and start on them next week.

Thank god I didn't size up on these. Definitely has more room more than any other 1s. Usually my feet are crying after trying to break in TTS dunks or 1s.

I feel like everyone is customizing the Laser 1's. I still have my idea for a customization but now I'm kind of jus want to double up and be good with jus that.

I don't have a problem with it. They're a cheap yet high quality shoe with very soft leather to use as the base, which gives people the opportunity to make a custom with their own creative colourway or their favourite classic colourway like the Breds, Royals or Shadows.

I'm just waiting for my angelus products to arrive and then I'm going to start my own custom pair.

That's literally the only reason they are moving.. people customizing them have them disappearing at the low tickets. I personally love the lasers just like they are!

I feel like everyone is customizing the Laser 1's. I still have my idea for a customization but now I'm kind of jus want to double up and be good with jus that.
It's cheaper overall to make custom frags/breds/royals rather than buying them for rape prices on fleabay. No way I'm paying 40-500 bucks for a pair of breds or royals. You can literally buy 3-4 pairs of lasers and still have enough money to buy lunch
laugh.gif

Plus with the laser detail they look pretty cool and unique too. I don't like the normal Lasers but painted Lasers are straight fire. Duo's Frag pairs are particularly nice. Since money is tight as a husband with 2 little kids, I might pick up a 2nd pair to paint as Frags, Royals or maybe even Shattered Backboards.

Last edited:
So I just finished making my frags using flat black and had a nice matte finish. To protect it more I applied angelus matte finisher and it made the whole shoe glossy!

Good thing I had some leftover Krylon matte finisher in a spray can and it solved the problem...just a fyi

So I just finished making my frags using flat black and had a nice matte finish. To protect it more I applied angelus matte finisher and it made the whole shoe glossy!

Good thing I had some leftover Krylon matte finisher in a spray can and it solved the problem...just a fyi
can you show pics? i tried with normal finisher and still looks very glossy.

Seeing these with the flash lets me know I need another coat or two to cover up the laser imprint. But its a lot more duller with Krylons Matte finisher. Also where can I get some black laces like the same texture as the ones that came with the shoe? I don't like the look of these replacement laces and might just dye the white laces. Also the soles aren't dyed...not sure if I want to keep them clear or not

Seeing these with the flash lets me know I need another coat or two to cover up the laser imprint. But its a lot more duller with Krylons Matte finisher. Also where can I get some black laces like the same texture as the ones that came with the shoe? I don't like the look of these replacement laces and might just dye the white laces. Also the soles aren't dyed...not sure if I want to keep them clear or not

Go to Footlocker they have a brand of laces called Mint and they are pretty much spot on. Measure the laces you take out though before you go.

@KVN   Good job on the frags. I'm making a pair also and am contemplating leaving the soles as is. I have a few blemishes on my pair. Black paint and royal paint in some white areas. How did you take care of any blemishes you had ???? What mixture did you use for the tongue/liner ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom