Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

my size is drying up a lil 
mean.gif

At least once they dry up what there is is what we will have cause a retro is very rare to happen.

Looks like SBB will end up at $350-$400. Not many people will pay crazy amount of $ for an orange shoe.

you know JB has made the unthinkable pop...who woulda thought patent leather and kicks would be a doable thing. Orange is not nearly as cra-cra as some of the other color ways in the brand vault.

These are not Royals or Chicagos. They are definitely nice and the quality is up there but people aren't willing to pay the premium to get them.
Resellers broke down and were asking $450 by Sunday while most buyers wouldn't go above $400. Now they are asking for $375-$425 and buyers are really only willing to spend $325-$350.

I'm not saying that they won't end up being $500-$600 shoes before the year is out but as of right now people aren't paying the markup.
This guy was asking $450 the other day and now he's down to $385.

View media item 1607121

Just thought Id snag a pic while I'm at work.  Brought them to show my coworker the quality difference.

Not sure why its not showing the image straight up.  IF anyone can help me out with that id appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm one of the guys that NTNYtried to cancel on.. I went in and they couldn't find my name on the list they searched about 5 mins thru pages of names then they asked if I'm sure of the size. So I played the voicemail stating I won and that it was for a 10.5 and 2secs later they gave me my pair.:smokin

Glad you got yours...I went to pick up my sz 11 at NTNY about an hour ago and some dude didnt seem like he was leaving without his 10.5 anytime soon. Ran through another 3 pairs checking the quality and annoying the register. I like the leather a lot....was thinking of trading for Chis but I will most likely rock...these are tough with a tough story. Congrats to all that scooped. Still prowling for my Chis [emoji]128121[/emoji]

These are not Royals or Chicagos. They are definitely nice and the quality is up there but people aren't willing to pay the premium to get them.
Resellers broke down and were asking $450 by Sunday while most buyers wouldn't go above $400. Now they are asking for $375-$425 and buyers are really only willing to spend $325-$350.

I'm not saying that they won't end up being $500-$600 shoes before the year is out but as of right now people aren't paying the markup.
that's over with now, he's doing the smart thing tho

Last edited:

View media item 1607121
Looks like SBB will end up at $350-$400. Not many people will pay crazy amount of $ for an orange shoe.

I don't think color has much to do with it. People aren't paying the mark up at the moment because they think there a plenty of pairs to go around for retail or close to it. I don't think it's a demand problem. Like I said a couple pages back, we're in this weird phase right now where no one really knows that the market should be. Pretty much do to the hype prior to release. The cheap panicking reseller pairs are going to dry up quick and then the real demand is going to start and the price is going to start climbing up. I'm a size 11 and I personally haven't seen a pair end at auction for less than 400.

Does anyone have mixed feelings about this shoe? i for one wanted them for retail but i cant get myself to buy an orange over priced one lol even if they were limited as hell i cant spend more than retail. Hopefully nike releases them online and i can cop then.

Now is probably the time to cop. I can see these only going up later, given the quality on them and wearability. Also the back end story attached to it, themed shoes tend to stick around and no GS sizes.

Last edited:
I hope non of us are looking at that trey Steiger posting as him hooking up the community. Kind of insulting as that's how he's trying to come off...."these savings..."

I don't think color has much to do with it. People aren't paying the mark up at the moment because they think there a plenty of pairs to go around for retail or close to it. I don't think it's a demand problem. Like I said a couple pages back, we're in this weird phase right now where no one really knows that the market should be. Pretty much do to the hype prior to release. The cheap panicking reseller pairs are going to dry up quick and then the real demand is going to start and the price is going to start climbing up. I'm a size 11 and I personally haven't seen a pair end at auction for less than 400.
If Nike made the SBB with red instead of orange (I know.. just saying lol), I am sure these will be at least $500 right now. And there will be more people hunting for these.

Back
Top Bottom