Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

agreed this is what they said to me in regards to the chicagos:

i got my pair from eastbay anyways..

Their response had so many grammatical errors it makes me think I'm preordering from a Chinese site.

I emailed them asking if preorders are guaranteed and they replied:

"Preorders are guaranteed or 100% money back."

Wth does that mean...

@mochachip2 I associate Wizards Jordan with the XVII and the Royal I remember seeing when I came back stateside in 2000 (I am assuming it dropped then or right before) -- which was before the XVII. I honestly never tied the Royal, cause of the black, to the Wizards but I can see Nike dropping a Black/Royal 1 as an introduction of Wizards Jordan, given the first 1 colorway was BRed for Chicago Jordan. But I can't imagine affecianados are rocking with the Royal cause of Jordan whose stats were meh or cause of the Wizards who were/are a perennial bottom division team...

Their response had so many grammatical errors it makes me think I'm preordering from a Chinese site.

I emailed them asking if preorders are guaranteed and they replied:

"Preorders are guaranteed or 100% money back."

Wth does that mean...
this was my first time dealing with them, and it'll certainly be my last.

in my opinion sellers like them are seeing the short-money instead of thinking long-term - you lose customers this way and your reputation takes a hit.

Are we really comparing this Chicago 1 release to 2011 concords? :lol: Chicago 1's weren't that wild.

...and the royals are an OG colorway. They are black and blue. The first air Jordan being black/red, royals were just an opposite. There is no story behind it. They were 80's basketball shoes that Nike wanted to give mass appeal by being available in different color combinations.

I don't remember how it was for concord 11s. that's when i took a long break away from the shoe game.

but i came back to this game and was able to cop a pair for $280 DS sz 9.5. but You can't find a damn pair of Chicago1s for lower than $400 right now. so I don't know what's more crazy. like eveveryone is saying, this shoe game is ruined by the hypebeasts and resellers, and corrupted store employees.

I don't remember how it was for concord 11s. that's when i took a long break away from the shoe game.

but i came back to this game and was able to cop a pair for $280 DS sz 9.5. but You can't find a damn pair of Chicago1s for lower than $400 right now. so I don't know what's more crazy. like eveveryone is saying, this shoe game is ruined by the hypebeasts and resellers, and corrupted store employees.  
more like the game is fkd up by NIKE

@mochachip2 I associate Wizards Jordan with the XVII and the Royal I remember seeing when I came back stateside in 2000 (I am assuming it dropped then or right before) -- which was before the XVII. I honestly never tied the Royal, cause of the black, to the Wizards but I can see Nike dropping a Black/Royal 1 as an introduction of Wizards Jordan, given the first 1 colorway was BRed for Chicago Jordan. But I can't imagine affecianados are rocking with the Royal cause of Jordan whose stats were meh or cause of the Wizards who were/are a perennial bottom division team...

WERE. The last couple of years the Wiz have made it to the 2nd round of playoffs & if wall was healthy the whole ATL series we would've been playing the Cavs in the ECF.

Royals are an og color, but I feel like they retroed them around that time b/c he was on the wizards.

Are we really comparing this Chicago 1 release to 2011 concords? :lol: Chicago 1's weren't that wild.

We were comparing as in The Chicagos are for Jordan 1's as to what the Concords were for the 11's. They have introduced a new unparalleled level of 1's hype. The Concords did the same for Jordan 11's.

I'm not talking about its affect on the entire kick culture. I'm comparing it to the hype for their respective models.

more like the game is fkd up by NIKE

You can't blame the dealer for dope prices

I agree with both of yall. While I think a resell market would exist regardless of how many pairs nike produced I do think it'd be a lot less serious if Nike made more pairs to match the hype.

Back when I got Jordan 1's and 11's for under $85 on sale eBay still existed. I sold some of my collection back then but it wasn't outlandish prices for new and/or dirty kicks. The supply matched the demand. Nike doesn't care about that now so they make what they know won't be enough & increase hype. You got people out here rushing to pay $250 for shoes now. With what some are willing to pay on the aftermarket you can't solely blame Nike. They're opportunistic capitalists. The power is in the hand of the buyer, we all know sneakerheads don't understand patience.

i think it's safe to say that the chi release has pretty much guaranteed this sb drop will be maybe just as crazy

FFs aren't nearly as nice as these, though.

I missed out on Chicagos this weekend, being the 18th person in line with only 16 pairs available at the only shop within 500 or so miles to have them. I'm hoping these are comparable to Chis in value, because I'll be bringing my girl for a mini camping trip to make sure I'm first in line, so we can both grab one and I can (hopefully) trade the extra pair for some Chis.
here did you go for Chicago's let me guess ??? SLO

True, but it'll probably be a lot more checking for them as a consolation prize.
I have a feeling these will be more limited, I know a few people have claimed they are more available but how often have we heard that before.

Last edited:
I'm reserving judgement until launch locators are up anymore. I know it'll be awhile but look at the lessons learned from the Chicago 1 rumor mill. Everyone had an opinion, speculation until the last two weeks things shook out differently.

one major retailer won't be receiving these... meaning it will be less available than the chicagos.

I'm reserving judgement until launch locators are up anymore. I know it'll be awhile but look at the lessons learned from the Chicago 1 rumor mill. Everyone had an opinion, speculation until the last two weeks things shook out differently.
I will have 2 pair of these regardless of the circumstances of the release...mark my words my friend...

Last edited:
these are all on the sites now. i will give it to the them the quality on the UA's looks really good for these. has that really soft look and tumble

Back
Top Bottom