Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

In store raffles. Normal.
Not like these perverse online raffles. .that let anyone ALL throughout the country. .enter a NY raffle..taking opportunities away from my REAL New York sneakerheads! I used to eat like The Fat Boys from in store raffles from NTNY...now I'm lookin like Wiz Khalifa out here!
Eat to resell :smh: or help others out?

There are pairs everywhere.  Some will say that prices under $350 are few and far between but I spent 5 minutes looking at fb groups and found a bunch of sellers with no buyers.  All desperate to get rid of these shoes.  Check out your local fb groups, find the decent ones.  This obviously would only help those that live in major cities.  Its not a good idea to have people ship, its always best to deal local.

Local craigslist has a dude trying to flip them for $225, shame his listed location is in a sketchy area. I won't be taking any risks regarding a potential loss of life over some shoes...

Going to anyone's home is a bad idea..knowing that ..they're guys out there that are dumb,desperate and dangerous..and they know that you're gonna have $$$ on you..they know their home/area..you don't. They can have a group of guys there..they could have weapons. It's a bad way to get robbed ..hurt really bad or killed.
I never met someone in person..but if I was to do it..it has to be in a public setting..like in a mall or restaurant or cafe..starbucks..library.. etc

A lot of these kids can't hold on to any shoes for long. If I really wanted the shoes and don't have it yet, I would buy now. Take advantage of the kids selling on the low. Could the price fall down more? Probably, but if you get for a price you're comfortable in, I would jump and get it and don't look back.

Going to anyone's home is a bad idea..knowing that ..they're guys out there that are dumb,desperate and dangerous..and they know that you're gonna have $$$ on you..they know their home/area..you don't. They can have a group of guys there..they could have weapons. It's a bad way to get robbed ..hurt really bad or killed.
I never met someone in person..but if I was to do it..it has to be in a public setting..like in a mall or restaurant or cafe..starbucks..library.. etc
Even meeting in public is kinda dangerous. I've met up for a pair of shoes once, and it was at the local police station

Meetups should always be in public.  I usually choose the inside of a starbucks or mcdonalds.  Almost every neighborhood has one or the other.

If your extra paranoid or feel your going into a neighborhood that has you worried then you can meet in front or inside the lobby of your local police station.

Just a saying akin to 'more money more problems'....your comment about resell or helping out lead me to believe your grappling with what to do with any pair(s) from the restock you get.
:lol: no fam you got my reply to dude post confused. He said I used to eat like the fat boys and now because of everything going on he's skinny like Wiz K. I asked him are you eating to resell or to help others out. As for me nah the reseller title will never flow through my veins. I''m not playing in this game to do that.

Here's hoping kids are in need of back-to-school funds and are willing to unload on the cheap over the next coupla weeks :D

In my 14+ years of collecting I've never gotten a single pair of shoes through meet up or done a trade. I've strictly bought from retailers, eBay, and for a brief period in the mid 2000s sole collector market place.

One of the police stations where I live has a place in their parking lot set aside strictly for craigslist meet ups.
Probably a small gated barbed fence area like ten different cameras shining in that area. Two officers with military style rifles watching over the trade go down. Both participants come from different sides meet in the middle do business then leave out the sides they came from.

In my 14+ years of collecting I've never gotten a single pair of shoes through meet up or done a trade. I've strictly bought from retailers, eBay, and for a brief period in the mid 2000s sole collector market place.
The best prices are had dealing with individuals.  No ebay, paypal, or shipping fees make negotiating a price really simple.

Not to mention thats how you can link up with someone that wears your size that could come through for you in the future.

The best prices are had dealing with individuals.  No ebay, paypal, or shipping fees make negotiating a price really simple.
Not to mention thats how you can link up with someone that wears your size that could come through for you in the future.

I understand that. It looks like that's what the game has turned to. But In the years I was heaviest in the game I never needed a reseller because I was always able to cop online. Finishline pre splash was amazing. And that was for just the releasing kicks. 75-80% of my collection is/was pre 2010. So I spent time hunting for kicks like your 4s or the DMP pack, or like 2000-2001 kicks, which back then was not difficult to find good prices for online if you looked hard enough and were patient. And I don't mean a good prices as in double retail. I bought my ds tour 4s for 180 in 2007 which apparently goes for 400-500 now. Retros are the minority of what I wear/cop now adays and it seems Retros are the only kicks that involve that kind of effort

I have someone wanting to trade me Gamma XIs for my extra SBBs and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

How was the overall quality on those? I never picked them up when they released because I thought a few of the previous releases were **** in terms of quality.

I would say stick with the SBBs because they are a better quality dhoe than the gammas. The gammas didn't feel any different to any other XI release imo

Back
Top Bottom