Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

^ Yes the right shoe on my SBBs don't seem to have air in the forefoot..and my right black/whites and black/golds have a severely warped shape to them

The leather on the heel portion of the right shoe seems more distressed. There is no such thing as perfection bc we all **** it up for ourselves\ through misconstrued perception. We need to learn to just nejoy them. But yeah.. that's normal.

Last edited:
as far as the leather goes of course they wont be 2 exactly the same, you ever seen 2 identical cows before? i know there are twins but the odds of them using the same hide for a pair of shoes is slim to none especially with JB, just enjoy them

just wanted to share my shoes and how the quality of the same pair can differ between the left and right shoe.  anyone have SBB or any other jordan 1s like this?
1.  Leather is softer and more tumbled on the right shoe.
2.  Left tag writing is stitched all the way to the bottom of inside tongue tag, while the left is not.
3.  One of the leather on the cream/white part is more tumbled.softer on one shoe.

Yeah .... The right shoe tag has a little 'overhang' while the left shoe is sewn down, seems a bit softer on the white part,..now you got me thinking of factories where only the right shoes are put together to be 'joined' with its left shoe cousin. Lol

now you got me thinking of factories where only the right shoes are put together to be 'joined' with its left shoe cousin. Lol

I've actually read that somewhere, suggesting that that's what they do with limited releases to keep them from being backdoored..

Getting this pair made me realize how much 1s really mean to the culture of sneaker collections. Most people do not want any shoe to be hyped unless the Man wore them himself. But from a collector standpoint I love these SBB. Possibly one of the best 1s, to have released that were not initially thought of being a must for a true collector and now are. I hope everyone that wanted them copped. I need another to my collection.

Still need to wear my pair.. maybe an official unDS in the fall once the weather comes down a bit.  Still too crazy hot in NYC.

Yea too hot to wear kicks?? That's absurd. 1s look better with shorts and high top socks or joggers imo

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I only wear 1's with denim or pants. Joggers with high top sneakers (especially Jordan's) is a no-go for me imo. Maybe because I'm old af. :lol:

people really dont consider temp when theyre choosing what kicks to wear? when its hot/humid outside retros are the last thing on my list to wear. first thing is anything i can wear sockless with some kind of breathable mesg uppers like roshes, huaraches, or sock darts.

edit: i forgot that that realistically there are people here that only collect/rock jordans. i used to be the same before i got tired of JB's crap and branched out.

Last edited:

You'll keep making excuses. Throw them on your feet and forget about em!
Yea too hot to wear kicks?? That's absurd. 1s look better with shorts and high top socks or joggers imo
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but for me, wearing Jordans in hot temps with my feet sweating isn't something I enjoy very much and can tolerate.  More power to you if that isn't an issue for you.  

Still need to wear my pair.. maybe an official unDS in the fall once the weather comes down a bit.  Still too crazy hot in NYC.

Really??.... It's only been hot-and-humid-as-balls the last few days. Break 'em out and wear them (lol) definitely have been rocking mine and even got caught in a thunder shower in the city a few days ago and still glad I unDS these.

yea i guess i respect all of you guys opinions.. Im not outside much but i can see why some would choose more breathable **** in the summer.. and don't get me wrong I do appreciate how the high tops look with a nice pair of good denim skinnys.. I'd like to see a thread about how everyone rocks their 1s. They're very diverse so I can see them fitting everybody swag differently

Really??.... It's only been hot-and-humid-as-balls the last few days. Break 'em out and wear them (lol) definitely have been rocking mine and even got caught in a thunder shower in the city a few days ago and still glad I unDS these.
Well let me say that I only get to rock my kicks on Fri night-Sun since I'm in dress shoes Mon-Fri during normal business hours.  And since every weekend in NYC has been hot (anything over 85 and up to me is HOT) and humid, I prefer hitting up my flyknits without socks.

yea i guess i respect all of you guys opinions.. Im not outside much but i can see why some would choose more breathable **** in the summer.. and don't get me wrong I do appreciate how the high tops look with a nice pair of good denim skinnys.. I'd like to see a thread about how everyone rocks their 1s. They're very diverse so I can see them fitting everybody swag differently
Thats the beauty of 1's.. they are so casual and versatile to wear usually.  

I would like to see that thread too

Back
Top Bottom