Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

i have both and the Backboards has the nod for quality, but Chicagos are really good too. Backboard's leather on the orange and white sections are some of the best leather Jordan Brand has used.
thats what i thought, so soft and pliable like leather should be. even for the high side of resale im happy with them

Obvi this IMO and there will be people coming out of the woodworks or from nearby to detest my views.

I was blessed enough to obtain 2 Chicagos through raffles as well as a pair of the SBB through raffles.  Reason I bring this up is bc I have more than one pair of the Chis to compare these to. Comparing both... the leather is pretty much identical to the SBB.  The overall quality used on both models trump other releases this year.  There are no other models released this year where you can compare them to these two models.

The caftsmanship, lack of **** ups i.e. glue stains, fabric sticking out, or anything else we the OCD community would complain about, are simply not there.  I feel like the Chinese factory workers took extra time when sewing these together.  Maybe they had the AC turned up real high, therefore people were not used to the normal suffering conditions and were blessed enough to have cool air for a change.  Ultimately, that collective happiness resulted in a combined conducive effort to produce a model such as these.  Last I heard, they disconnected the AC due to high usage rates, so I doubt we'll ever see a great model such as these two.

...lasers are a great quality leather with the remastered mold. The CHIs are on par with the leather from the black/sail of the SBBs. Likewise the laser leather seems on par and to leave them out of the 'best in show' for the year seems a bit problematic.

Do all 1's heels do this or is it just these cause the leather is so soft?
View media item 1672929
These might because of the soft material they used. Mine haven't done that and I've worn them 10+ times for hours. It also could be that they creased like that because of wearing them while driving.

It almost looks like a pair of lips. :wow:

Last edited:
Been comparing both my shattereds and Chicagos leather to my friends and pics online. Has anyone noticed some have more of a tumbled Leather look than others? Even on my backboards, my left shoe has a differnt looking and better leather look than my right shoe.

Fake shoes can be sold in an authentic box.  Legit check the shoes not the box.
Obvi this IMO and there will be people coming out of the woodworks or from nearby to detest my views.

I was blessed enough to obtain 2 Chicagos through raffles as well as a pair of the SBB through raffles.  Reason I bring this up is bc I have more than one pair of the Chis to compare these to. Comparing both... the leather is pretty much identical to the SBB.  The overall quality used on both models trump other releases this year.  There are no other models released this year where you can compare them to these two models.

The caftsmanship, lack of **** ups i.e. glue stains, fabric sticking out, or anything else we the OCD community would complain about, are simply not there.  I feel like the Chinese factory workers took extra time when sewing these together.  Maybe they had the AC turned up real high, therefore people were not used to the normal suffering conditions and were blessed enough to have cool air for a change.  Ultimately, that collective happiness resulted in a combined conducive effort to produce a model such as these.  Last I heard, they disconnected the AC due to high usage rates, so I doubt we'll ever see a great model such as these two.

SBB > chi 1 I have 3 pairs of SBB all buttery the chi 1s quality just didn't do it for me maybe it's the pair I got ill see what my second pair is like when I double up.

Been comparing both my shattereds and Chicagos leather to my friends and pics online. Has anyone noticed some have more of a tumbled Leather look than others? Even on my backboards, my left shoe has a differnt looking and better leather look than my right shoe.

Yep, that's JB for ya.. The materials can vary even on the same shoe. The Blk/White OG 1s that came out last year had a mix of materials too.. I have a pair that has smooth leather throughout with a soft tumbled swoosh on the inner side. On one of my SBBs the right toebox has a material that feels as soft as the white panel and the left feels like the rest of the orange portions.

SBB > chi 1 I have 3 pairs of SBB all buttery the chi 1s quality just didn't do it for me maybe it's the pair I got ill see what my second pair is like when I double up.

The black portions on the SBB feel like the same black material they've been using on all OG 1s, Chi's included. But the Orange and Creme parts are definately the softest I've seen on a 1 on both of my pairs. The Creme color seems a lil softer but they're both nice. The material reminds me of those soft leather batter's gloves..

Last edited:
Someone needs to convince me... Would you cop for $300USD shipped? Or should I risk it and wait for a slightly better deal (maybe $280-290) or watch them skyrocket in price again? lol

Back
Top Bottom