Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

StockX just had an 8.5 sell for $451. They actually sent me an email notifying me because I had bid $490 at one point (expired) so they just told me that an ask went up lower than my earlier bid. I was on the fence because a) Already burning a lot of money this time of year and b) The handful of stories of fakes getting thru StockX, esp that yellow Pharrell NMD tweet that's spread around. I just find it odd that somebody would post an ask that cheap when sz 8.5 is in the 550 range on GOAT/StockX/ebay. At least post a higher ask and then have someone meet you halfway with a bid, I'd think. And I'm not aware of any recent release with these, so if it was just fast money, it'd have to be someone who was holding onto them for a while and then suddenly needed to cash out -- possible, but I dunno.

Despite all that, I keep second-guessing my hesitancy to grab this pair, since I know I will grab a pair at some point in the next few months and that I'll probably be paying in the $550 range (sz 8.5).

yeah man that my size to 8.5, were they rare in that size? took me awhile to find a DS pair and got them for a steal, kid didn't know what he had. Didn't know they was up in the $550 range tho might have to post mine for sale!!

yeah man that my size to 8.5, were they rare in that size? took me awhile to find a DS pair and got them for a steal, kid didn't know what he had. Didn't know they was up in the $550 range tho might have to post mine for sale!!
Not sure if 8.5 is rare (it may very well be -- I'm not familiar with allocations on more limited releases) or if the prices are just higher because more people want the size (8.5, 9, and 9.5 are all currently listed over $600 on GOAT), but the prices are on an 8.5 are currently slightly higher than for larger sizes. It's not crazy like double or anything, but I'd say that if I wanted to get a size 12 or 13, I'd be able to get away with $4-450 right now, but I haven't been able to get anywhere with bids in the $500 range on GOAT. I've contacted some reliable sellers on ebay trying to get them to budge under $550 but it's been tough. I'm hoping after the holiday craziness dies out, I can convince one of them to go $450-500 for me. If not, f*** it, I'm willing to go mid 5's for these.

So yeah, if you're looking to score some cash, you'd be able to get some back out of your 8.5s... prior to the $451 StockX sale I listed, the last 2 8.5s on StockX sold for $650 and $612. Last sale of 8.5 on GOAT was $575.

Last edited:
8.5s often go for more than some of the other sizes ... i don't think it was any harder to find when the SBBs dropped. I keep seeing prices that make me feel good about pulling the gun on the pair I have (which was lower than the $451 listing of stockx) which at the time (around release time) seemed like a crazy number. After today's drop in the city (NYC) I am checking the + app hoping for a surprised 'reserved' pair....

8.5s often go for more than some of the other sizes ... i don't think it was any harder to find when the SBBs dropped. I keep seeing prices that make me feel good about pulling the gun on the pair I have (which was lower than the $451 listing of stockx) which at the time (around release time) seemed like a crazy number. After today's drop in the city (NYC) I am checking the + app hoping for a surprised 'reserved' pair....
+1 for that knowledge. And I wasn't aware of the NYC drop (had work today anyway, no chance I could be in NYC), but that sheds some light on why that guy suddenly posted a pair like that. So most likely had I pulled the trigger, I would've been sitting pretty with a legit pair. Oh well, I took an L. Grats on snagging your pair for what now would be an amazing deal
pimp.gif

Wore these to scoop Yeezys and boy I've never been stared down so much. Ok maybe when i would rock my Royals [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

keep looking, I paid 240 and 207 for my pairs
You must be referring to the SBB 2.0, aka reverse SBB, aka SBB away.

I highly doubt anyone would sell OG SBB's for 240 and 207 unless there was something extremely wrong with them.

Last edited:

I highly doubt anyone would sell OG SBB's for 240 and 207 unless there was something extremely wrong with them.

So because you doubt it must mean there's no chance? You're wrong, aka you're not right, aka you're mistaken lol

207 pair
View media item 2243812
240 pair
View media item 2253893View media item 2253894
recently?

the 240 pair was about 6 months ago and the 207 pair was a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Paid 450$ for my pair in July. Haven't looked back since. Was getting charged $350 for the same size a year ago (8.5)

Last edited:
picked up one size bigger than normal for 320$ new from GOAT. It's a little roomy in the toe box... but doable. One of my fav all time shoes. 

I tried to get them in 15', and I knew befrore they were released I was going to have trouble because I couldn't even cop the Chis before. And I was right. Gave up. Then pulled the trig after a year. 

picked up one size bigger than normal for 320$ new from GOAT. It's a little roomy in the toe box... but doable. One of my fav all time shoes. 
I tried to get them in 15', and I knew befrore they were released I was going to have trouble because I couldn't even cop the Chis before. And I was right. Gave up. Then pulled the trig after a year. 

I lol

So because you doubt it must mean there's no chance? You're wrong, aka you're not right, aka you're mistaken lol

207 pair

240 pair

the 240 pair was about 6 months ago and the 207 pair was a few weeks ago.
That's a great price, along with the intended sarcasm. Can you prove it? Aka receipt, aka copy of invoice, aka eBay listing lol

I checked ebay for completed sales of Shattered Backboards from past few months.
Nothing DS sold for less than $300.00

That's a great price, along with the intended sarcasm. Can you prove it? Aka receipt, aka copy of invoice, aka eBay listing lol

You're asking for proof with your questioned past? :nerd:........ All I have is paypal receipts but don't have to prove anything because they are legit pairs.

I checked ebay for completed sales of Shattered Backboards from past few months.

Referencing my pairs?

You're asking for proof with your questioned past? :nerd:........ All I have is paypal receipts but don't have to prove anything because they are legit pairs.

Referencing my pairs?

Sorry if I implied that. I just read the thread and saw that the prices seemed really good.
I'm in the market and I wanted to see what the real prices have been for the past few months.
Clearly, the occasional bargain could be found and is a def. possibility on Ebay.
Gives me motivation to keep checking every few days.

You're asking for proof with your questioned past?
nerd.gif
........ All I have is paypal receipts but don't have to prove anything because they are legit pairs.

Referencing my pairs?
Questioned past? lol... the only people questioning "reps" around here are children. People who purchased and received pairs received LEGIT pairs. End of story.

As far as the rest of the fiasco, you can question the owner of the website. I had nothing to do with their business and their service (or lack thereof).

Enjoy your kicks, you got a great price if that's how much you paid for them whether used or DS. Carry on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom