Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

roll.gif

$550 PREORDER?! :wow:

That's what happens when people start hyping up all sneakers for no real legitimate reason.

In all honesty i think you guys buying the pre orders are ******ed *** ****! like wtf you guys don't like paying resell but you hype up a shoe prior to release and have people charging you over $400 over retail and actually pay that? lol thats funny as ****, i mean i pre-ordered the chis but thats because it was an original CW these are just trash, the only thing that make them sort of cool is the NA on the tongue and a color blocking pattern that looks like black toes/ frags you guys need help honestly.

I was with you until you mentioned that you pre-ordered the Chi's, so to me that seems a bit hypocritical, even if the Chi's are obviously an OG color way. People were pre-ordering Chi's for $250 at first off of sites and the prices just kept going up and up. Then all the boo hooing occurred when dudes were salty about their pre order cancellations. But right off the bat, they, as in the people who cop pre-orders at high prices dictate to others what the after market prices should be once they are dried up.

People are collecting shoes like baseball cards, and commanding top dollar for shoes that haven't even released at retail yet. :lol: But a fool and his money are soon to part ways. If I can't get a shoe at retail, and the after market prices are non-negotiable, I keep moving and take the L. Unless you're well off, or have access to any shoe you want, almost at any time, you're going to take an L with buying shoes....but retail ALWAYS comes first!

work hard, play hard. if $550 is gonna make or break u then what are u really doing in life? something wrong, obviously. my bills paid, my lady and kids straight so it's all good to me. i am not offended by anything said, just curious why there are such strong feelings/emotions rgarding what OTHERS are spending. this makes the 3rd shoe i paid a crazy resell for after DSMs and frags. and this would be the 1st shoe i paid resell for before rd, but i needed to make sure these were secured. feet up til december.

sizes slowly drying up on sbs. wonder how long it'll take? :nerd:

my sz 10.5 is already gone tho so i'm kinda glad i only hesitated for 20 minutes.

:lol:

Last edited:
work hard, play hard. if $550 is gonna make or break u then what are u really doing in life? something wrong, obviously. my bills paid, my lady and kids straight so it's all good to me. i am not offended by anything said, just curious why there are such strong feelings/emotions rgarding what OTHERS are spending. this makes the 3rd shoe i paid a crazy resell for after DSMs and frags. and this would be the 1st shoe i paid resell for before rd, but i needed to make sure these were secured. feet up til december.
The reason people shake their heads at others for paying those prices is because ya'll feeding the re sellers and they will never go away if you keep paying 5x over retail

^^

i guess that is true for those that regularly do it, but it is very few and far in between for me. out of 200+ pairs, i may have paid resell for MAYBE 5 new releases. anytime i pay retail for shoes they are years old and obviously not still in store, in which case there is no other option.

Last edited:

I make good money. Just because I think it's a bit idiotic to pay high pre sale on shoes that haven't even hit retail doesn't necessarily make "something wrong" with my income, and I am not attacking YOUR opinion on it either.

As for what OTHERS are spending, I was commenting on why some dudes were acting surprised about the pre-sale of these shoes. I said that is what happens when you hype all shoes for no real legitimate reason. Dudes are going to charge out the *** for sneakers after the small purchasing window for retail has been exhausted. I just feel like if the purchaser feels like certain Air Jordans are worth what you would pay for a pair of LV's or what a certain pair of Louboutin's cost, then more power to ya. However these have always been what they are, leather and rubber. I have a pretty nice collection as well, I just find it funny how people get freaked out about the circumstances that THEY create...:lol:

Last edited:
I can understand over paying for 1 pair you really want to wear and know you can't buy,but most of these folks pay resale to resell:rofl:

I've personally met dudes who pay astronomical prices for shoes they had to have, only to sit in their closet for years at a time. Same dudes talking about I can't wait to rock these. :rofl:

^^
oh, ok. i gotcha. makes sense. i didn't think u were personally attacking me. i wasn't tryna attack u either. and yall do make valid point from that perspective.

i knew what was prolly gonna happen with these so i was already peppered to drop a couple dollars on these. still expecting (hoping) to get at least a pair for retail on rd tho.

Last edited:
^^
oh, ok. i gotcha. makes sense. i didn't think u were personally attacking me. i was tryna attack u either. i knew what was prolly gonna happen with these so i was already peppered to drop a couple dollars on these. still expecting (hoping) to get at least a pair for retail on rd tho.

You good homie. I respect your opinion and the fact that you been around pretty much as long as I have on these boards. No issues at all. :smokin

In all seriousness, will somebody please tell CLT that he's overreacting.  cause he's not gonna listen to me
This is what I posted to you....

From that statement, i got alotta mouth and i'm asking you for favors!!  let's keep it real man.  i was trying to help you lock down a pair of Chi 1s in the city, right.  PM'ing you all the spots that were gettng them, etc.  you went HARD, EXTRA HARD for those Chi 1s and if i recall, i think you didnt get a pair (not sure).  

so i inboxed you and said if you can get a pair of these, i'll trade you for one of my extra pair of Chi 1s.  that helps us both out, right.  i didnt ask you to backdoor me pairs, buy a pair with your discount, put a star on my raffle ticket, etc.  i didn't ask you for any favors.

View media item 1586913

so after that lil bit....now i'm dead at DTLR @ Northlake!  like really
I mean DTLR alway get the heat so.....

Heard yall got them champ packs sitting in there too. Well wilkinson n cp

@TheDailyCLT

Bro you can stop copping pleas now thanks I got 2 pairs of chicagos and don't start that **** fam I got my own chicagos I put in my own ground work you ain't give me **** cut that out you didn't PM me a damn thing about Chi's I didn't already know so kill that nonsense man you up here embarrassing your self you look foolish just stop responding

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom