Jordan Retro 3Lab5 Black/Metallic Silver DEC 31ST

The main reason the shoe culture is messed up isn't because kids are buying and selling shoe's. It's because us adults act so much like kids that we went ahead and ruined it ourselves with our actions. Adults hurting and killing other adults over some shoe's is what took away the choice of us walking into a shoe store and buying shoe's if we wanted to. That led to more online sales and fewer in store sales, leading up to smart people developing bots to take advantage of the supply and demand concept. Of course, a lot young kids hype up the shoe's and want them really bad just like we did growing up, but the game is messed up because of adults. Adults caused violence, transferring a lot of the supply to the internet, adults also take bribes and offer bribes making the industry shady, and adults developed and programmed bots. That's just the way I view it, everyone else is entitled to their own view's as well.

I disagree. People were getting killed and/or robbed for their shoes since jordans originally came out. It's just that with the internet and social media obviously more prevalent, we hear about every incident.

I think a few reasons of what messed it up is people viewing shoes as a means to make a quick buck. A lot of people no longer view shoes as something for their collection or something to wear. They now see it as a way to make money. Plus, you have shoe companies coming out with corny shoe gimicks.

I disagree. People were getting killed and/or robbed for their shoes since jordans originally came out. It's just that with the internet and social media obviously more prevalent, we hear about every incident.

I think a few reasons of what messed it up is people viewing shoes as a means to make a quick buck. A lot of people no longer view shoes as something for their collection or something to wear. They now see it as a way to make money. Plus, you have shoe companies coming out with corny shoe gimicks.

I forgot to mention that in my original post, social media and the media in general having quicker access to reporting every incident played a huge factor. In my opinion, that was the beginning to the end of buying shoe's as knew it. Major shoe brands and shoe retailer's surely didn't want to be on the news as often as they were for negative press. That's what led to raffles, the majority of shoe's being sold online, shoe's becoming more profitable to a wider range of people from those who make them to the store employees and the resellers. But all in all the violence caused by the shoe's being more often in the publics eye was the beginning to the end.

on the infrared 3lab5's, why is the jumpman on the back heel, more embossed on some pairs vs others.. is this anything to be skeptical about?

i think im gonna sell these. i thought i liked it before it was released and i must of been caught up in the hype. it just isnt for me. this is my first time reselling shoes. if no one wants to buy soon ill break these out

i think im gonna sell these. i thought i liked it before it was released and i must of been caught up in the hype. it just isnt for me. this is my first time reselling shoes. if no one wants to buy soon ill break these out
Right there with ya buddy I honestly thought I would have liked them more but I just haven't felt any real attraction to them.

on the infrared 3lab5's, why is the jumpman on the back heel, more embossed on some pairs vs others.. is this anything to be skeptical about?

Since no one else has replied to you I'll just give you my own opinion. I do believe just like with any other embossed Jordan shoe on the market, it's something to be really skeptical about. A lot of these replica sites and replica sellers are selling shoe's that may look the same, but there are aspects like the jumpman or the elephant print and how embossed it is that's a dead giveaway that it's a fake shoe. Unless, you bought two pair's from a legitimate retailer and one pair has a more embossed jumpman than the other, then it could be a quality control issue. But, for the most part, shoe's being sold by unauthorized sellers and displaying pictures of a not so embossed or not embossed jumpman at all would be a sign of concern from me.

I dont tie my laces if yu get what im sayin,the way i lace em all i do is stick em in my kicks cuz thier isnt much lace left, i love em like that cuz all you see is the whole kick you dont see no bunny ears,of loop and sometime i lace em where on the last hole they hang on each side just the right amount where they dont touch the ground....

I actually don't tie the laces on my 5s, I keep everything default right out of the box. I just tuck the laces inside.
Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Ill keep the 3lab only coz we all kno sj will re retro... Doubt 3lab will

Edit sorry saw u have an extra pair... Yur call

Last edited:
You should be able to find some very near retail if you check eBay and Craigslist.
See im in the Philly area so normally shoes are pretty easy to come by at some price but somehow for these the best i have been able to find is like 300 shipped

See im in the Philly area so normally shoes are pretty easy to come by at some price but somehow for these the best i have been able to find is like 300 shipped
I've seen some ebay listings go for > $275-300 shipped. That's near retail considering i paid over $250 from FNL. If you look around often i'm sure you can cop near that.

Last edited:
I just wanna throw in my 2cents on these shoes; this is the best quality retro ive seen in years IMHO, the leather used is top notch, as well at the craftsmanship and attention to detail. Anyone who has a pair and arent sold on them being a great shoe, i still recommend holding onto them for a year or more until the market isnt so saturated with them because i guarantee you their value will steadily increase, not only because it was a limited release, but the elements series will only feature a few shoes from each generation, and the quality and attention to detail is above and beyond what most have come to expect from JB. I love my pair and its one of maybe 5 jordans i have ever considered doubling up on to have a DS pair. Here are some pics of mine:

View media item 765079
View media item 765087
View media item 765089
View media item 765092
View media item 765104
View media item 765105
View media item 765109
View media item 765110
View media item 765113
View media item 765116

premium is soft and got the crease look...you said jordan brand hasn't used actual leather in a long time...so the 3lab5 don't have real leather?...i don't own a pair nor have i seen one in person thats why I'm asking 

premium is soft and got the crease look...you said jordan brand hasn't used actual leather in a long time...so the 3lab5 don't have real leather?...i don't own a pair nor have i seen one in person thats why I'm asking 
Jordan Brand presents the new “Black Infrared” colorway of its Air Jordan 5 3Lab5 silhouette. While maintaining original characteristics like all-over elephant print, premium materials and leather lining

Back
Top Bottom