Jordan Retro XI 11/11/17

Yes I know tinker made the model and someone else made this color. Do I know who? No. Do I know who Virgil is? No. I'm only judging with my eyes here. But if these Off whites were widely available to everyone would you still hold them so high? I personally don't understand the appeal of shoes that look like random pieces and branding were just thrown all over them. Is that art? You obviously think so. I respect your opinion. But just because this XI is widely available, doesn't make it less of a shoe. I'm not going into the off white thread for a reason, I don't like them. So I'm not gonna try to piss everyone off with my opinion when mostly everyone in that thread likes them. But understand that coming into the XI thread talking up the off white collection while lowering the value of this XI isn't cool at all.

In all honestly, how am I lowering the value of this XI release? I’m sorry if you feel slighted that I called these a consolation prize, but for those of us who took an L on the much harder releases I mentioned-they are a consolation prize. Would I love to have OW 1s, Oreo Hu NMDs, or Jeter OG 1s? Absolutely. But I’m not paying resale and these XIs are still dope but they are still a consolation prize that I’m honestly happy with and don’t mind settling for. None of this should lower the value of the shoe as people will pay what they feel like a shoe is worth and these have little/no resale value right now vs the other shoes. Doesn’t make them lame or lessen their design just because they aren’t hyped.

Lololol these sitting on some eur sites

But on champs theyre available in stores

Off whites are so boring. Not going to pretend i know virgil or his appeal but it gives everyone with nice penmanship and a sharpie a bright future.
nice!

More Looks!!!
Air-Jordan-11-Gym-Red-Win-Like-96-On-Feet.jpg

lovely!

legit site?

Boy I remember when people were fiendin any praying to the sneaker gods that the reds would drop and now that they are people say they passing!...lol

Boy I remember when people were fiendin any praying to the sneaker gods that the reds would drop and now that they are people say they passing!...lol

They aren’t the same as the Melos though. I’m passing but if we were actually getting the Melos, there would be no way in hell I would be passing.

In all honestly, how am I lowering the value of this XI release? I’m sorry if you feel slighted that I called these a consolation prize, but for those of us who took an L on the much harder releases I mentioned-they are a consolation prize. Would I love to have OW 1s, Oreo Hu NMDs, or Jeter OG 1s? Absolutely. But I’m not paying resale and these XIs are still dope but they are still a consolation prize that I’m honestly happy with and don’t mind settling for. None of this should lower the value of the shoe as people will pay what they feel like a shoe is worth and these have little/no resale value right now vs the other shoes. Doesn’t make them lame or lessen their design just because they aren’t hyped.
I understand your point. Just a lot in here will hold this release pretty high. Myself included. And for 220 bucks, that's just not an everyday shoe to me. And because resell value of my kicks mean nothing to me, we just have a diff of opinion.

Looks to also have a difference in upper material between mesh and nubuck. I've always leaned towards liking the mesh upper over any other material on the XIs.

Agreed with the mesh upper. That said, I could have lived with the non-mesh upper if they kept the lining black (like a Toro Bravo 11 cw). Making it all red, makes the shoes look like clown shoes, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom