Jordan Slang

i personally don't see a problem with most of those names.
i understand why they are called raptors... because of the colors on the shoe. it's a lot easier that typing "black/red-purple"
who has time for all that?

i also think "bred" is a perfect abbreviation for black/red.

carmine, hares, and space jams are perfect as well. i think it goes without sayiong that most of us agree on those.

now granted, when they start coming up with names like "freds" = fire red... that i think is stretching it.

^^ "WHO HAS TIME FOR ALL THAT"?
So what's the duration difference between verbally saying "Raptors" and "Black/Red-Purple"? Split seconds.
What's the duration difference between typing "Black/Red-Purple" and "Raptors"? 2 seconds TOPS.
You can't even spare another 2 seconds to make a clear indication? I don't see how you have time to visit forums and join a discussion. That's pureBS.

Now, do you have the time to talk about this time consuming discussion?

yea.. i mainly go by the numbers except for a handful of nicknames.. i mean, theyre numbered for a reason.

but yea, how come the xi's got the space jam nickname when it was the ix's that had the feature shot in the movie when they first took him? neverunderstood that.

grape, greenbean,carolina, military blue, olive, ginger, chutney, bred, Space jam, bobcats, playoffs, last shot, carmine, cement, fire red, old love, new love,DMP, infared, hares, raptors, aqua, flint grey, shadows, concord, flu game, altitudes, cherrywood, lasers, reds, stealth, can go all day so many!!!!lol

Originally Posted by indohan

^^ "WHO HAS TIME FOR ALL THAT"?
So what's the duration difference between verbally saying "Raptors" and "Black/Red-Purple"? Split seconds.
What's the duration difference between typing "Black/Red-Purple" and "Raptors"? 2 seconds TOPS.
You can't even spare another 2 seconds to make a clear indication? I don't see how you have time to visit forums and join a discussion. That's pure BS.

Now, do you have the time to talk about this time consuming discussion?
well said

5 pages? lol. if we want to get into it... who the hell is "JAY'S"..... you get me? why not say jordans... who cares.

..next topic.

Dam some people are really going in on this topic like its a court case its just nicknames im pretty sure most of your mothers used to call you pookie or babyor whatever why didnt you tell her then........its johnathan.....its nick.......no mom its david who's pumpkin

It's a newer generation thing....

The correlation between nickname usage and "new" or "young" members is amazing.

i don't mind the nicknames lol
what bothers me is people referring to some sneakers
as Breds and Cements and its the wrong shoe!

This just popped into my head, but it kind of makes sense.

Which group of individuals is infamous for making up idiotic nicknames for substances they obsess over?...

WEEDHEADS

Think about it. Weedheads always made up nicknames for the different types of marijuana it's various "flavors".That is something that stems all the way back to the Native Americans.

How does this correlate with sneakers? Well...

HOW MANY FANATICAL SNEAKERHEADS THAT YOU KNOW OF ARE ALSO GIGANTIC WEEDHEADS????

SHERLOCK OUT!!!

yeah for some reason i used the word toronto raptors because two years ago i was upsses with jersey and the shoes match the jersey

33-22054-F.jpg
103-0400_IMG.JPG

Space Jam's got the name because it was the only unreleased numbered Jordan colorway in the movie, also the movie dropped when the 11's were out

The retroes also say "Jam" on the tongue in that specific colorway

It's to the point where it's not a nickname, IT'S THE NAME

Mars 4's are cool with me too, his face is kinda plastered on the side of the shoe

Originally Posted by ijapino

Most of the nicknames come from the actual colorway of the shoe... just look on the box.
Those ones are okay in my book...

It's when people use breds, raptors, playoffs, allstars, quickstrikes, last shots, etc...Anyone that a name had to made up for. I mean yeah, I get it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I also understand that many of the younger collectors use them because it's an easier way to remember. I just grew up during a stage where we used the actual colornames and number. I honestly blame the whole Dunk movement on this.

It's funny but the correlation of using these nicknames and "newer" collectors is uncanny. And by newer collectors I mean people who have only been in the shoe game for the past 8 years.

2042607896_aa177db80f_o.jpg

I only use nicknames for certain colorways....

But more times than none i use the color and number...

Back
Top Bottom