Jordan Slang

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

last shots,
i cant stand that one
mad.gif

Who cares
roll.gif

whoever refers to White/Grey IIIs as Cement IIIs is incorrect. Cement is the speckle pattern that is on the IVs... In architecture, a cement pattern is used asa short form to indicate where concrete is used. Clearly on the IIIs it's an elephant print.

So referring to them as cement IIIs is just wrong (no cement print on it - its elephant)

I find myself saying Raptor (I just got a pair of OG's so it's been bad) as well as All Star when referring to the XX3. I'm going to be honest,every single time I do, I feel like I just died a little inside. It just sounds so ridiculous but I have gotten so used to it. One day, I will stop.

Originally Posted by sobe it1

whoever refers to White/Grey IIIs as Cement IIIs is incorrect. Cement is the speckle pattern that is on the IVs... In architecture, a cement pattern is used as a short form to indicate where concrete is used. Clearly on the IIIs it's an elephant print.

So referring to them as cement IIIs is just wrong (no cement print on it - its elephant)

the grey on those 3s is cement grey. same as the 4s you mention. the speckles are just that, speckles, have nothing to do with the cement color.

I guess it all depends on the individual....I prefer number/color of shoe. However, nicknames are sometimes good for eBay searching......
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

Don't even get me started.
Haha, I made a thread like this back in 05 or 06 and it was shot down by ijapino just like this
laugh.gif
. Remind me of the old days of niketalk when Snuggles and BabyJ dropped greatinfo. Many other too, just cant think of the names now.

Word name I've heard was "Jo-Jos". Lame dudes in the hood refer to Air Jordans with that lame word.

It's funny you say this because i see someone on ebay giving the steel X's a new nick name, calling them Zebras. lol

Originally Posted by Mr Nike86

It's funny you say this because i see someone on ebay giving the steel X's a new nick name, calling them Zebras. lol

zebra is a nick name that i've heard since da OG dropped....

I don't have a problem with the OG nicknames that come from the colorway, and you can refer to only one AJ, like Military Blue, Carmine, Grape, Bordeaux,Aqua....
I can accept Space Jam even though he wore them before the movie, and he wore IX's in the movie too...
Bred sounds stupid and I hate "Raptors"!
Sometimes I call older black Jordans playoffs, when I'm lazy but then I'm angry at myself!
laugh.gif
But to call the black-white XII as Playoffs??? Come on,wassup with the black-red??? Those weren't worn in the playoffs???
Hare are pretty funny, because... I like the nickname, but there were posters, where Bugs Bunny wore the Bordeaux VII's.... So Bugs had two colorways forthis ad campaign, but only the white-red colorway is known as hares...
But that's just my opinion!
smile.gif

people may not like the nicknames but when you use the nicknames, people know exactly what your talking about at an instant. a picture of the "spacejam" XIs would pop in your head much quicker than if somebody said black/royal XI

I think some nicknames is basically the short form of the colorways....which are understandable.....like Aqua, Flint, Stealths....etc.
Some others, like Raptors, Space Jams, Mars, Olympics, & even Easter Eggs......these nicknames help easier identifying what shoes exactly they are...

There should be nothing wrong with calling a shoe by it's given colorway EX: "stealths" "titaniums" "flints""taxi's" or "infrareds". Shoe's should not be called by some made up name that has nothing to do with the shoe... EX:"raptors" or "oreos" ... come on the raptors weren't even a team when those dropped.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

There should be nothing wrong with calling a shoe by it's given colorway EX: "stealths" "titaniums" "flints" "taxi's" or "infrareds". Shoe's should not be called by some made up name that has nothing to do with the shoe... EX: "raptors" or "oreos" ... come on the raptors weren't even a team when those dropped.
Have you seen the new Fusions in the raptor oreo breds colorway??? lmao

Back
Top Bottom