jordan VI black/red nubuck to leather conversion

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

why would you put leather?? the OGs were 3M durabuck, which explains the shine...not leather
3m durabuck? what is that?
the 3m was underneath the holes, the material itself was not made of 3m.
154viqa.jpg

Originally Posted by Jhenor29

Yeah, durabuck tends to look shiny when its aged. I have some OG VIII's and they're shiny just like that. So.....you might be a little confused? HAHA! But hey. Do you. If you like how it looks, thats cool.

i noticed in a few random pics from different sources that the back panel on all of them seems to be made of a different material than the rest of the upper. was it all durabuck or was the back panel made of something else or possibly treated with something? i can't imagine the back panels on all og's aged quicker than the rest of the upper. and as you can see in the pics the back panels are clearly shinier than the rest of the upper.
e7b2wz.jpg

155kshf.jpg

the shiny middle one is og:
n63v50.jpg

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

why would you put leather?? the OGs were 3M durabuck, which explains the shine...not leather
3m durabuck? what is that?
the 3m was underneath the holes, the material itself was not made of 3m.
154viqa.jpg

Originally Posted by Jhenor29

Yeah, durabuck tends to look shiny when its aged. I have some OG VIII's and they're shiny just like that. So.....you might be a little confused? HAHA! But hey. Do you. If you like how it looks, thats cool.

i noticed in a few random pics from different sources that the back panel on all of them seems to be made of a different material than the rest of the upper. was it all durabuck or was the back panel made of something else or possibly treated with something? i can't imagine the back panels on all og's aged quicker than the rest of the upper. and as you can see in the pics the back panels are clearly shinier than the rest of the upper.
e7b2wz.jpg

155kshf.jpg

the shiny middle one is og:
n63v50.jpg

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i dont remember the OG"S having that shiny back

but i also dont remember what i did last week

so

LOL... HAVENT SEEN U ON HERE IN A WHILE. ANYWAY, THIS LOOKS BAD REAL BAD... JOE JACKSON. 

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i dont remember the OG"S having that shiny back

but i also dont remember what i did last week

so

LOL... HAVENT SEEN U ON HERE IN A WHILE. ANYWAY, THIS LOOKS BAD REAL BAD... JOE JACKSON. 

Why is it that EVERY TIME someone does ANY MODIFICATION to THIER OWN shoe people on here keep saying "NOW THEY LOOK FAKE" ... I never seen a pair of REAL FAKE INFRARED

LEATHER 6 before.. where do you people see these FAKES??? GEEEZUS the moment you make that purchase you take OWNERSHIP which means you do WHATVER YOU WANNA DO

TO THEM. If brotha man wants to color em PINK WITH HEARTS they aint FAKE why?? CUZ THEY STILL REAL JORDANS! People are real IGNORANT and jump on the "OH NOW THEY

LOOK FAKE WAGON"... So if someone changes the laces to a different color are they fake??? NO it's still the same freakin shoe... so todays lesson kids is that since its YOUR OWN

SHOE, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANNA DO TO THEM...and yes they are still REAL JORDANS... BTW og blk/infra kids sizes were leather... Im just sayin..

Why is it that EVERY TIME someone does ANY MODIFICATION to THIER OWN shoe people on here keep saying "NOW THEY LOOK FAKE" ... I never seen a pair of REAL FAKE INFRARED

LEATHER 6 before.. where do you people see these FAKES??? GEEEZUS the moment you make that purchase you take OWNERSHIP which means you do WHATVER YOU WANNA DO

TO THEM. If brotha man wants to color em PINK WITH HEARTS they aint FAKE why?? CUZ THEY STILL REAL JORDANS! People are real IGNORANT and jump on the "OH NOW THEY

LOOK FAKE WAGON"... So if someone changes the laces to a different color are they fake??? NO it's still the same freakin shoe... so todays lesson kids is that since its YOUR OWN

SHOE, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANNA DO TO THEM...and yes they are still REAL JORDANS... BTW og blk/infra kids sizes were leather... Im just sayin..

they should put mike air on all the new ones back, it would look just as good as nike air

they should put mike air on all the new ones back, it would look just as good as nike air

Also I found that you can buy 3m reflective tape and put em on the inside of the shoe so you can have that "OG Look" ...Now I'm a huge huge huge fan of the OG Infrared and I just wish JB brought em out like how they originally were but that aint gonna happen. So I give this guy lots of credit to modify his shoe to make it look better to his standard. - clap clap

heres pic of the tape and you can buy em online at amazon for cheap

Also I found that you can buy 3m reflective tape and put em on the inside of the shoe so you can have that "OG Look" ...Now I'm a huge huge huge fan of the OG Infrared and I just wish JB brought em out like how they originally were but that aint gonna happen. So I give this guy lots of credit to modify his shoe to make it look better to his standard. - clap clap

heres pic of the tape and you can buy em online at amazon for cheap

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

i noticed in a few random pics from different sources that the back panel on all of them seems to be made of a different material than the rest of the upper. was it all durabuck or was the back panel made of something else or possibly treated with something?
The rear 1/4 of the originals was actually a dull, semi-shiny leather vs. Durabuck.  They may have gotten shinier with age, but they were a bit shiny to begin with.  It was one of the things I really loved about the originals, as it gave an even more solid look to the shoe.  None of the retro VI have followed the originals on this, which is quite disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom