Jordan VI Infrared23, Toro?

May wanna link the laptop.

All in all, a desktop PC is going to be faster than a similarly priced laptop. Laptops have to worry about heat and power consumption as well as space requirements. Not saying a laptop cant be fast, but, let's say you spend $1500 on a laptop vs. $1500 on a desktop or better yet on parts to build a desktop. The desktop is going to be significantly faster.

Now, we're talking about loading a website and buying a shoe, not gaming, so will the fraction of a second make a difference? Maybe. I dont know. It isnt something I ever seriously considered or looked into, but if you're getting a computer to be the fastest it can be in hoped that you click faster or your program runs faster, I would suggest you consider a desktop or better yet buying the parts and learning how to build one. It isnt hard and $1500 in parts could get you a top of the line, screaming fast machine.

I will say this, my brand new workstation in my office is noticeably slower loading websites than my custom built rig at home I'm typing on now. A laptop, even an expensive one with good hardware, may still leave you at a disadvantage.
You guys are worrying about bots and computer modding. While I'm here at work wondering if my internet is fast enough. 789mbps download / 677mbps upload lol. I hardly miss a release.
Shiiiiiiidddd where u work at lol
The issue with the retina macbooks is that they aren't as easily upgradable like the regular Macbook Pro. I'm going to run a dual drive using the Solid Slate Drive for software 

I work at a non-profit. PC building is a hobby of mine, one I've been at for years. I'm a game nerd.
I have a cousin that does the same. He's built some desktop that combines both the Mac and PC into a single machine with all the glowing stuff. It's awesome but I know I couldn't do it myself on my own he said YouTube can teach u how to.

Also I should clarify something. You guys that are worrying about dl/ul speeds should be more concerned with your ping. Ping means how fast you send and receive information from any given website/server. Downloading the information on the average website isnt what is going to slow you down, it's how fast you can connect to it.

Also I should clarify something. You guys that are worrying about dl/ul speeds should be more concerned with your ping. Ping means how fast you send and receive information from any given website/server. Downloading the information on the average website isnt what is going to slow you down, it's how fast you can connect to it.
So I'm assuming ping has everything to do with our internet provider?

I have a cousin that does the same. He's built some desktop that combines both the Mac and PC into a single machine with all the glowing stuff. It's awesome but I know I couldn't do it myself on my own he said YouTube can teach u how to.
The only tricky part is connecting the case wires to the motherboard, and cable routing if you want a clean look and good airflow. It ISNT hard, takes a little patience. I STRONGLY suggest that if you want to have a computer that is able to get to a website, enter information in and get a show in a cart as fast as possible you go ahead and learn to do that. You will have a much faster PC for $1500 that way than any other way you could go.

Please kill this computer talk. No one even seems to know what they're talking about. Unless your computer is some relic, processing power isn't what is going to score you shoes. Go create a thread in general about building computers and take it out of here.

So I'm assuming ping has everything to do with our internet provider?
Mostly. Your PC can lag and slow it down, so in addition to having fast hardware, running it clean (no extra programs running, using a fast browser, etc) yes your ISP will be the biggest factor. It can also depend on where you are located. I may be able to connect to a given site faster than you just based on where its located, or routing, etc.

Please kill this computer talk. No one even seems to know what they're talking about. Unless your computer is some relic, processing power isn't what is going to score you shoes. Go create a thread in general about building computers and take it out of here.
I would strongly disagree with you. Loading a website faster than the other guy trying to buy would be an advantage. An average office workstation, a very modern one, is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than a purpose built machine.

Correct, I had 32ms ping and once I got 60mbps connection it dropped to 14ms.

We should really take this IT talk somewhere else and don't get the thread locked... I apologize for bringing such subject onto this thread now please let's get it back on track :nerd:

Quality on these seems x10 better than Infrareds... haven't had a chance to see these in person though

Back to resell prices and bickering about color and quality issues. And twitter 

Was an easy cop on FNL. Surprised most in NT didn't visit there, even had someone posting the link.

This thread was like 40 pages night b4 release date....and 90 within a few hours after release.

Was an easy cop on FNL. Surprised most in NT didn't visit there, even had someone posting the link.

This thread was like 40 pages night b4 release date....and 90 within a few hours after release.

Finish Line was my first target, about 5min before 7am/CT I was able to pick my size and add to cart on my phone but I didn't checkout because I was afraid I'd have my order cancelled. So at 7am I click checkout and get hit with a never ending SPA page and within minutes my size 13 was gone. This computer/interenet talk may be a real issue.

Finish Line was my first target, about 5min before 7am/CT I was able to pick my size and add to cart on my phone but I didn't checkout because I was afraid I'd have my order cancelled. So at 7am I click checkout and get hit with a never ending SPA page and within minutes my size 13 was gone. This computer/interenet talk may be a real issue.

I had them in cart and with my $20 WC.... tried 3 different CC and even PayPal and couldn't check out...

Eventually got the SPA page and sold out :smh: all kind of pending charges on my cards.

i swear FNL isnt a real site on saturdays(FML :lol:) ... since the timer thing was established for them ive NEVER repeat NEVER seen a saturday morning product page for them i always get the timer & nothing else

I had them in cart and with my $20 WC.... tried 3 different CC and even PayPal and couldn't check out...

Eventually got the SPA page and sold out :smh: all kind of pending charges on my cards.

My brother was helping me cop a pair and he was able to check out three different times when I told him I got hit with the SPA page and every single time the payment went through but no immediate bs email confirmations and was refunded within 15min I believe. It's like Finish Line didn't want to sell me the shoe's. I mean, who checks out three times with three different cards within 5min of release and everything matching up and still not one email confirmation?

Back
Top Bottom