Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Son...if these dudes actually pull off 73-9, I'll buy my first pair of Currys

Memphis crew needs a bowl of these, enriched with miracles...

50cc73977cb6449167cb267fc3c57b41.jpg

Lets Go Grizzlies.....[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Last edited:
Similar to wearing a player's jersey from their old team, if the GSWs go 73-9, it'll feel kinda stupid wearing a shoe that celebrates the SECOND best season ever lol

Last edited:
A lot of people didn't buy these to celebrate "72-10", so it doesn't really matter if GS beats the record or not. The only hint of these having anything to do with the record is a tongue tag. Other than that it's just a new colorway with a forced story by Nike. Yes I own a pair and yes I'm a dubs fan.

If they do happen to break the record, Nike is very lucky to have released these already. I'd be very curious to know what would've happened if these were to release this year.

A) They haven't actually beaten the record yet.
B) If they do beat it but fail to win it all then Bulls' season remains more impressive.
C) if they do beat it and win it all, then I'm picking up some 72-10s for cheap!
D) Bulls > Warriors. MJ > Curry. Nike > UA.

Don't think it will matter if GS get the 73-9 or not. Most people I know bought this shoe because of the look and the quality of material compared to the other 11s.

Supposely over 1M sold; how many of those are actual collectors? How many are actually wear them?
I for one wear mine like all my others.

Similar to wearing a player's jersey from their old team, if the GSWs go 73-9, it'll feel kinda stupid wearing a shoe that celebrates the SECOND best season ever lol

So that 72-10 record that stood for 20 years AND a squad featuring the best player in one of the best seasons ever cant still be celebrated? Im sorry I dont understand this logic. I watched that entire season, both 3 peats, and will never forget that team, regardless of the record. Im a Dubs fan, but I am a basketball fan 1st. I dont need a record to tell me how important that Bulls team was to the history of basketball. The quality & materials of the shoe are nothing astounding. I did get them to celebrate that record. Its the story. Even if "72-10" was plastered all over the cw and even if 5 more teams in the future continue to break the record, it doesn't diminish what the shoe represents for me.

Last edited:
The 73-9 record is a great start to Curry/GSW's legacy. Curry is the flavor of the month and next big thing but he hasn't done anything YET of this historical magnitude so salute! If GS doesn't go back to back the greatest season ever still stands, even if it doesn't yall can keep them UA 73-9's :lol:

If they do happen to break the record, Nike is very lucky to have released these already. I'd be very curious to know what would've happened if these were to release this year.

Same thing as last year. Over 1 million pairs sold.

I think people forget about the build up to the 72-10 season.
That was MJs first full season back from retirement.
Had just lost to the magic and the feelings were raw.
It was amazing that dude could be retired of a year and a half and then return to be a key cog for the record breaking team.
It just made for the perfect story. ultimate vindication for the naysayers back then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom