Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

yea a 65 (maybe 66) win team that won the chip 2 years ago that pretty much caused Bron to go back to CLE will be a shocker.
View media item 1956002

But we aren't talking about LeBrick Pains. This is the NBA's chosen son the one and only Stephen Curry leading the Warriors to the promise land!

Ooh-informative.-Image-via-@Warriors.jpg

Last edited:
But we aren't talking about LeBrick Pains. This is the NBA's chosen son the one and only Stephen Curry leading the Warriors to the promise land!

Ooh-informative.-Image-via-@Warriors.jpg

Easy on the Kool-Aid. Last time I checked SC is still way behind MJ/Kobe/LBJ in awards/championships... Not to say this won't change but people did this to Lebron a few years ago and now many of those same people accuse him of underdelivering. Funny how that goes but nothing in basketball is ever certain, especially when you talk about winning.

Easy on the Kool-Aid. Last time I checked SC is still way behind MJ/Kobe/LBJ in awards/championships... Not to say this won't change but people did this to Lebron a few years ago and now many of those same people accuse him of underdelivering. Funny how that goes but nothing in basketball is ever certain, especially when you talk about winning.

I was NEVER a fan of LeBrick he has always been over-hyped imo. Stephen Curry is still young and has more years to develop into an even greater player. He made himself and his teammates around him a championship team, give him more years and he will be in talks with the MJ/KB's. LeBrick had to go to Miami and do it because he was failing in Cleveland there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Last edited:
No point living in the past, the '95-'96 Bulls WERE a great team and made history. The '15-'16 GSWs ARE a great team and are also making history by matching/topping the Bulls record. Regardless of which team people deem is "better", you can't argue with the numbers.

You do realize the league was alot more physical in 1996 than it is now. Most of that physical play would never be allowed in today's league. Look how many HOF players that never got a ring thanks to Michael Jordan. How many future HOF caliber players are in today's league?

I love both the current Warriors and the 96 Bulls but hands down the 96 Bulls accomplishements can't be discredited. Nothing lasts forever and records were made to be broken.

You do realize the league was alot more physical in 1996 than it is now. Most of that physical play would never be allowed in today's league. Look how many HOF players that never got a ring thanks to Michael Jordan. How many future HOF caliber players are in today's league?

I love both the current Warriors and the 96 Bulls but hands down the 96 Bulls accomplishements can't be discredited. Nothing lasts forever and records were made to be broken.

The league might have been a lot more physical but teams are way more athletic nowadays.

I'm not trying to discredit the Bulls accomplishments but if their record is broken, they will go to 2nd place in this one aspect (season wins). Like I said, you can't argue with numbers.

I was NEVER a fan of LeBrick he has always been over-hyped imo. Stephen Curry is still young and has more years to develop into an even greater player. He made himself and his teammates around him a championship team, give him more years and he will be in talks with the MJ/KB's. LeBrick had to go to Miami and do it because he was failing in Cleveland there is a HUGE difference between the two.
LOL. Kool aid indeed

The league might have been a lot more physical but teams are way more athletic nowadays.

I'm not trying to discredit the Bulls accomplishments but if their record is broken, they will go to 2nd place in this one aspect (season wins). Like I said, you can't argue with numbers.

Numbers only mean so much. Hell, this Warriors team live on open space on the floor. Put pressure on the three point line and Steph/ Klay are a lot less efficient. Let them face a team that gave no damns like the late 80's Pistons and see how much Curry goes off from deep :lol: Bill Lambier would injure him with no damns given

Bill Lambier would injure him with no damns given
That's not basketball tho and part of the reason rules were changed. There's no reason to think Stephs shot would be any less deadly other than being met with intentional injury as described.

I would bet my last dollar that these athletic players woiuld think twice about going down the lane with the likes of Rodman, Lambier, Oakley, Mason, Shaq. 

The game is different now, I get it I'm not living in the past,  Curry would get killed going down the lane having to respect that presence. 

I would bet my last dollar that these athletic players woiuld think twice about going down the lane with the likes of Rodman, Lambier, Oakley, Mason, Shaq. 

The game is different now, I get it I'm not living in the past,  Curry would get killed going down the lane having to respect that presence. 

If you're still making that claim then no you don't get it and yes you are living in the past. Everyone wants to say GS wouldn't be able to adjust to the 90's style of play but are quick to say a 90's team would be able to adjust to today's style of play. Comparing GS to anything 20 years ago is a moot point. Saw this video and thought there were a lot of good points.

LOL. Kool aid indeed

You Curry naysayers need to accept reality. He is going to be up there with the greats in a few years, give it time. He's building up his catalogue. And I'm a Jordan stan, but I'd be a hater to not say anything positive about Curry's skill set these past years in the league.

The question about whether or not the broken record will diminish this shoe or not is kinda getting lost.

The question about whether or not the broken record will diminish this shoe or not is kinda getting lost.
IMO it wont. people are under the assumption that everyone who copped these copped because of the history etc. a majority copped just because they were jordans/11s. a ton of people out there who copped and who are still trying to cop dont even know these as the 72-10s, and if they do know that much, they dont know what 72-10 is. and then there are allllll the people who know the history of the shoe and what 72-10 is but copped not because of the 72-10.

If this shoe had been nicknamed anything else at all, there would be no discussion.
Great looking XI, period.
agreed. i didnt buy for the name especially since i know this color wasnt even in existence back then :lol:

IMO it wont. people are under the assumption that everyone who copped these copped because of the history etc. a majority copped just because they were jordans/11s. a ton of people out there who copped and who are still trying to cop dont even know these as the 72-10s, and if they do know that much, they dont know what 72-10 is. and then there are allllll the people who know the history of the shoe and what 72-10 is but copped not because of the 72-10.
yea its sad tho because a lot of people really dont know the whole story of the 72-10. they just know it happened.

LOL. Kool aid indeed

You Curry naysayers need to accept reality. He is going to be up there with the greats in a few years, give it time. He's building up his catalogue. And I'm a Jordan stan, but I'd be a hater to not say anything positive about Curry's skill set these past years in the league.
I'm not a naysayer though. :rofl: just because I haven't drank the kool-aid. He just showed up in the last 2-3 years so I think you are the one who needs to give it time.

Steph curry is 27. He probably has 3 more years to perform at his current top level. Afterwards i see him being the same guy like in 2014 but with less speed. At his size speed and quickness has a much bigger impact than someone who is 6'6 and above.
Also, Cleveland was never the caliber of team back in 2010 and before like the Warriors with Kerr as head coach.
Put Curry on the 2010 Cavs roster and we expect similar outcome being defeated by the Celtics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom