Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Think about this, we wouldn't be talking about the record had the shoe not been named '72-10's

Theres a commemorative shoe for the record so it's a topic of conversation

This is the only reason we're talking about there potentially being UA 73-9's

This thread has gone down hill. Records were made to be broken, that is the nature of sports. The XI 72-10 is a sweet shoe, I was on the fence about it, but I won't a raffle and kept them. Enjoy the kicks and let's not get carried away with which team is better. Game has changed the talent in the league has gone down hill because kids don't refine their games in college.

Repped.

The only problem with the Curry 2's during this time period in history is that the Curry 2's are tanks. They aren't even attractive in the least bit like the Curry 1's, and the Curry 2's are no where near attractive as the Jordan 11's. The only regret I have is returning my Championship Pack Curry 1's because of buyers remorse for paying $400+ on kicks.

A lot of people didn't buy these to celebrate "72-10", so it doesn't really matter if GS beats the record or not. The only hint of these having anything to do with the record is a tongue tag. Other than that it's just a new colorway with a forced story by Nike. Yes I own a pair and yes I'm a dubs fan.

If they do happen to break the record, Nike is very lucky to have released these already. I'd be very curious to know what would've happened if these were to release this year.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee that these won't ever be retroed.. Maybe they'll release a similar cw down the line but it will lack the 72-10 branding and won't be a true retro. I think this model will hold it's value very well as a result, which is great news for collectors.

EDIT: Given that Nike released "Champ Pack" Lebrons even after he lost the Finals, I think they would've released these anyways.. I think they already showed they don't give a about details like this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The 73-9 record is a great start to Curry/GSW's legacy. Curry is the flavor of the month and next big thing but he hasn't done anything YET of this historical magnitude so salute! If GS doesn't go back to back the greatest season ever still stands, even if it doesn't yall can keep them UA 73-9's :lol:

No point living in the past, the '95-'96 Bulls WERE a great team and made history. The '15-'16 GSWs ARE a great team and are also making history by matching/topping the Bulls record. Regardless of which team people deem is "better", you can't argue with the numbers.

The 73-9 record is a great start to Curry/GSW's legacy. Curry is the flavor of the month and next big thing but he hasn't done anything YET of this historical magnitude so salute! If GS doesn't go back to back the greatest season ever still stands, even if it doesn't yall can keep them UA 73-9's :lol:
1357353560_standing-ovation-2.gif

So much truth :pimp:

No point living in the past, the '95-'96 Bulls WERE a great team and made history. The '15-'16 GSWs ARE a great team and are also making history by matching/topping the Bulls record. Regardless of which team people deem is "better", you can't argue with the numbers.
I don't know if you meant to quote me but how am I living in the past? As far as an argument a 72-10 season with a chip is greater than 73-9 with no chip. If they beat the record and win the chip GS got the greatest season ever no arguments from me. Its a nice accomplishment to set SC/GSW'S apart from other mvps and championship teams..

i am not really a GS fan or a GS hater.  best friend is from the bay area and loves them.  Curry kind of annoys me at times but I do think he has great basketball player moments.  I know he is fun to watch.

Having said that.....if GS beats Memphis on Wednesday and Nike does a restock of the 72-10s on Thursday I know I will be trying to get a pair.  Already have one pair but I love the 11s and that 95-96 season was great.....they did beat my beloved Sonics but as a kid and a huge fan of MJ I guess I was not truly that upset...

I personally like the 2015-2016 Warriors and the 1995-1996 Bulls, but my argument is that the NBA today is very different from the NBA in the mid 90's-early 2000's. The play-offs to me were more exciting to watch back then rather than nowadays. I don't care about any play-off teams other than the Warriors or Spurs. It's not fun when you can pretty much predict who will win the Finals. In the mid-late 90's I would watch all play-off series because you just never knew who was going to win because the compeition was so tight. Nowadays we all know the Spurs and Warriors will face off in the Western Conference finals and whoever wins that match-up will beat the Eastern Conference finalist and win the NBA Championship. The Warriors pretty much sealed this years championship in my eyes unless the Spurs surprise us all. Other than that the rest of the play-off teams are snoozefest.

Last edited:

I personally like the 2015-2016 Warriors and the 1995-1996 Bulls, but my argument is that the NBA today is very different from the NBA in the mid 90's-early 2000's. The play-offs to me were more exciting to watch back then rather than nowadays. I don't care about any play-off teams other than the Warriors or Spurs. It's not fun when you can pretty much predict who will win the Finals. In the mid-late 90's I would watch all play-off series because you just never knew who was going to win because the compeition was so tight. Nowadays we all know the Spurs and Warriors will face off in the Western Conference finals and whoever wins that match-up will beat the Eastern Conference finalist and win the NBA Championship. The Warriors pretty much sealed this years championship in my eyes unless the Spurs surprise us all. Other than that the rest of the play-off teams are snoozefest.

you can predict who wins the finals? and back then the finals were less predictable?

View media item 1611096

I don't know if you meant to quote me but how am I living in the past? As far as an argument a 72-10 season with a chip is greater than 73-9 with no chip. If they beat the record and win the chip GS got the greatest season ever no arguments from me. Its a nice accomplishment to set SC/GSW'S apart from other mvps and championship teams..

Sorry didn't mean to quote you!

Yeah I think 2004, 2011, and, to a lesser extent, 2008 were some of the biggest upsets EVER in the Finals.. I can't see how anyone could've easily predicted those outcomes.

The 1995 NBA finals between Magic vs. Rockets game had to be one of the biggest upsets EVER! Everyone was banking on Penny Hardaway and Shaq to win that not get swept 4-0.

you can predict who wins the finals? and back then the finals were less predictable?

The Warriors are basically winning the 2016 NBA Finals unless the Spurs surprise us all. There isn't any other teams that can handle the Warriors tbh.

so the spurs dont exist? 2 of the matchups didnt have SA's full lineup and the records they have are pretty close. Probably the best no 2 seed of all time.

We didnt know the bulls were going to win the title back during their last 3 peat?
The lakers were gonna win the 3 peat?
The celtics would win those chips from the late 50s - 80s?

Historically, we rarely see the underdog win the chip. The most recent case of that was probably when the pistons won the ring vs the lakers. You could also argue when the mavs lost to the heat when Wade and Shaq got together.

Last edited:
The 1995 NBA finals between Magic vs. Rockets game had to be one of the biggest upsets EVER! Everyone was banking on Penny Hardaway and Shaq to win that not get swept 4-0.

Bigger upset than 2004 with Shaq/Kobe and Phil as coach? And bigger than 2011 with the Heat losing with the Big 3?

so the spurs dont exist? 2 of the matchups didnt have SA's full lineup and the records they have are pretty close. Probably the best no 2 seed of all time.

We didnt know the bulls were going to win the title back during their last 3 peat?
The lakers were gonna win the 3 peat?
The celtics would win those chips from the late 50s - 80s?

Historically, we rarely see the underdog win the chip. The most recent case of that was probably when the pistons won the ring vs the lakers.

You don't think Dallas in 2011 was the underdog?

I don't get into the "its easier now" since the game constantly evolves. Let GS live and see if they can dominate their era which is all that matters.

I stated the Spurs in my post. I said "unless the Spurs surprise us all. There isn't any other team that can handle the Warriors". I basically have said and I will say it again. Whoever wins between the Spurs and Warriors will win the NBA championship. The rest of the teams are not worth even discussing. Which proves my point that it wasn't like that in the mid-late 90's play-offs. With the Orlando Magic (Shaq & Penny), Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen), New York Knicks (Patrick Ewing & Allen Houston), Indiana Pacers (Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson) Charlotte Hornets (Alonzo Mourning & Larry Johnson), Houston Rockets (Hakeem Olajuwon & Clyde Drexler), Seattle Supersonsics (Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton), Utah Jazz (Karl Marlone and John Stockton) Phoenix Suns (Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson). I can go on but you all get the point.

Last edited:

I stated the Spurs in my post. I said "unless the Spurs surprise us all. There isn't any other team that can handle the Warriors". I basically have said and I will say it again. Whoever wins between the Spurs and Warriors will win the NBA championship. The rest of the teams are not worth even discussing. Which proves my point that it wasn't like that in the mid-late 90's play-offs. With the Orlando Magic (Shaq & Penny), Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen), New York Knicks (Patrick Ewing & Allen Houston), Indiana Pacers (Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson) Charlotte Hornets (Alonzo Mourning & Larry Johnson), Houston Rockets (Hakeem Olajuwon & Clyde Drexler), Seattle Supersonsics (Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton), Utah Jazz (Karl Marlone and John Stockton) Phoenix Suns (Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson). I can go on but you all get the point.

you and maybe 3 other people in this world would think it would be an upset if the spurs beat the warriors :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom