Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

It would be good to see another brand up the food chain besides Nike/JB and Addias. Once UA fully established themself with their on court sneaker; I wish they start focusing on the Off court sneakers.
Even their Curry 2.5 is not easy on the eye. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

UA just needs to hire better designers, it's easy to forget how young of a company they are.
Maybe they'll be like Hyundai in 20 years. When they first came out they were a joke of a car...

Smart move by him, honestly. MJ did it for Nike. AI did it for Reebok.

Adidas kinda screwed up with Kobe by letting him go (funny to think they put so much $ behind T-Mac).

The Adidas kobes sucked. Especially the kobe 2 were awful.
Tmac was a great player, actually the only player that got close to kobe until he got injured and never gained back the form he had in Orlando.

They can't buy Curry, But they can make GSW colorways 

and GSW fans will buy them! 

make the sole Clear not yellow and we might have sumthin

Naw.  The way that Nike disrespected Steph Curry I don't see him coming back to them. Curry is signed to Under Armour until 2024.  Wonder were the sneaker market will be like in 8 years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13672569/stephen-curry-extends-sponsorship-deal-armour-2024

First of all Nike/JB already has Michael Jordan and too many other signature athletes like Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Kyrie and a bunch of other guys they need to focus on.

Didn't help when Steph tried to renew his shoe deal, they kept calling him Ste-PHON and showed him a presentation for Kevin Durant showing how much they want Kevin Durant. So later Under Armour offered something like 4 million and Nike did not bother to match. Can read about it on this article.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15047018/how-nike-lost-stephen-curry-armour

Repped for the ESPN article. Best read of anything in awhile.

I wouldn't have poured much into Steph curry either...

Nike knew they wouldn't be able to market him..

Nike didn't see this coming is all. He markets himself with his play and hardly anyone saw his recent play coming.

Don't think they missed on much.

The real prize is always gonna be Lebron.
Just a couple records an MVP, title, and a lot of attention. Best believe if Nike thought that was coming (they love gimmicks) they would have pronounced his name correctly during negotiations. Not implying they're crying over spilled milk

I don't think so
Your Right

Space Jam 2 coming out!

tongue.gif

This is definitely going to an interesting development as the year progresses.

SJ2 will only add to the hype for these. I feel fortunate to be in the game this year. WC4's and Space Jams in the same year [emoji]129300[/emoji], what a time, what a time...

Nike didn't see this coming is all. He markets himself with his play and hardly anyone saw his recent play coming.

Still, outside of the USA currys Jersey doesnt sell well. I still see most teens wearing Lebron, kobe, drose jerserys instead.
I even never saw someone with a goldenstate warriors cap yet.

Still, outside of the USA currys Jersey doesnt sell well. I still see most teens wearing Lebron, kobe, drose jerserys instead.
IF Curry can pimp those UA shoes he could def pimp a pair of Nike's. The jersey argument is moot since his sales are in the top 5 internationally. I'm not trying to imply Steph took over the world, just that he's making some noise.

Curry is actually very popular in Asia. Just that jersey and caps are not as popular to be worn as compare to here in the states. Even here I only wear my jersey on games days and thats only sometimes.

Read an article awhile back that curry jerseys are #1
sales over taken Lebron per NBA store. This is Accouting for all other sales outside of NBA store

Back
Top Bottom