Jordan XI Jubilee Holiday 2020

I don’t buy resale or sell shoes so I’m very uneducated about this. How does one make sure that they aren’t dealing with a scammer buyer on EBay? The quarantine period made me do some heavy spring cleaning and there are a few shoes I would like the unload since I’ve never worn them and probably never will.
They get sent to a third party authenticator.

They said it themselves lol but just logically speaking, it’s a massive expense and ultimately unsustainable.
Yeah they do say it’s free for a limited time. I want to get feedback on their authentication. What orders are getting rejected for inauthenticity? Not easy to find people talking about it. My first pair the NFC tag didn’t work. And I tried 3 different smart phones with NFC tag reading capabilities. iPhone 7 with multiple nfc reading apps. iPhone 8 Plus with multiple different NFC reading apps. And a Samsung galaxy s7 with nfc reading capabilities enabled. The card that comes with the shoes says to read the NFC tag for “detailed information” on your shoes.

Yeah they do say it’s free for a limited time. I want to get feedback on their authentication. What orders are getting rejected for inauthenticity? Not easy to find people talking about it. My first pair the NFC tag didn’t work. And I tried 3 different smart phones with NFC tag reading capabilities. iPhone 7 with multiple nfc reading apps. iPhone 8 Plus with multiple different NFC reading apps. And a Samsung galaxy s7 with nfc reading capabilities enabled. The card that comes with the shoes says to read the NFC tag for “detailed information” on your shoes.
I’ve only ordered one pair but it was a good experience. Pretty quick and seamless. The NFC tag works on mine.

I’ve only ordered one pair but it was a good experience. Pretty quick and seamless. The NFC tag works on mine.
Nice! Can you post a screenshot of this “detailed information” they claim to give you? If you do I’m not sure if there’s any sensitive information you might want to blackout

Nice! Can you post a screenshot of this “detailed information” they claim to give you? If you do I’m not sure if there’s any sensitive information you might want to blackout
E65A943A-C2BF-4A57-A1A6-15CFFBCE2613.png

As you can see, you’re not missing out on much if you can’t get it to scan.

So eBay's authentication service is free for now, what about the future? Who pays for the shipping to the 3rd party authenticator? Ive sold a few pairs on StockX but haven't sold sneakers on the bay since they started this. Thank you in advance.

So eBay's authentication service is free for now, what about the future? Who pays for the shipping to the 3rd party authenticator? Ive sold a few pairs on StockX but haven't sold sneakers on the bay since they started this. Thank you in advance.

Right now there's no additional fee for shipping or authentication. I've sold a few pairs already, and the shipping cost is just to the authenticator - that's it.. pretty cool actually but I have a feeling this won't last much longer in terms of sellers getting the benefits of free authentication, shipping just to the authenticator (buyer paid), and the lack of fees (over $100). I'm on the East Coast and it seems all of my pairs have been going to Astoria, NY for authentication but specifically addressed to a few different recipients. It isn't going to "SMOT" like with StockX, it's actually addressed to someone's name, which isn't always the same in each shipment. Hope this helps.

Right now there's no additional fee for shipping or authentication. I've sold a few pairs already, and the shipping cost is just to the authenticator - that's it.. pretty cool actually but I have a feeling this won't last much longer in terms of sellers getting the benefits of free authentication, shipping just to the authenticator (buyer paid), and the lack of fees (over $100). I'm on the East Coast and it seems all of my pairs have been going to Astoria, NY for authentication but specifically addressed to a few different recipients. It isn't going to "SMOT" like with StockX, it's actually addressed to someone's name, which isn't always the same in each shipment. Hope this helps.
That's interesting. I wonder how you become a shoe authenticator for eBay? Like, exactly what resumé or qualifications prove you are fit to serve as eBay's last line of defense?

We don’t know exactly what the future will be like after this limited time free authentication period. But I would guess that it will still be cheaper than StockX and Goat to maintain the dominance.

One thing Goat really has going for them is they do used shoes. This distinction could be huge for their continued success.

That's interesting. I wonder how you become a shoe authenticator for eBay? Like, exactly what resumé or qualifications prove you are fit to serve as eBay's last line of defense?

Your guess is as good as mine, other than what JumpmanATL7 JumpmanATL7 mentioned with Sneaker Con being the company behind the authentication currently. All the pairs I sent in thus far have had a quick turnaround time, (within 2 business days) which is also good for the buyer. Biggest difference for sellers is you get your money up front with eBay :nerd:

Your guess is as good as mine, other than what JumpmanATL7 JumpmanATL7 mentioned with Sneaker Con being the company behind the authentication currently. All the pairs I sent in thus far have had a quick turnaround time, (within 2 business days) which is also good for the buyer. Biggest difference for sellers is you get your money up front with eBay :nerd:

personally, I haven't been really impressed with the whole authentication thing and I don't think it's legit (whether if it's SX, GOAT, eBay, etc). unless there are some actual way to authenticate a product's legitimacy is still a lingering open discussion. so-called authenticators rely on imperfections, quality, etc... which is not really accurate at all and basically based on one's authenticators opinion which is still flawed. an obvious fake is easy to spot but high-grade fake is difficult even for authenticators to identify. some legit products are even mistake for fakes. knock-offs have come a long way and is indeed now more difficult to identify especially if the materials and worksmanship is up to par. the only difference being that it is produced in factories that don't pay taxes or employ child labor (which legit companies also do) or go thu channels that make them cheaper and affordable although sometimes sold as much as retail. this does not only limited to sneakers but appliances, electronics, toys, etc...

so if people think that having shoes certified by some person would give them a piece of mind of the cost they paid for a shoe, then go for it. for me, it doesn't make a difference at all and just a waste of time and money. it's not like a guarantee or warranty or an insurance. atleast with insurance, I got to return a product without the headaches of having to plead your case. from my experience, GOAT/SX charge a lot and a pain to deal when you get issues.

personally, I haven't been really impressed with the whole authentication thing and I don't think it's legit (whether if it's SX, GOAT, eBay, etc). unless there are some actual way to authenticate a product's legitimacy is still a lingering open discussion. so-called authenticators rely on imperfections, quality, etc... which is not really accurate at all and basically based on one's authenticators opinion which is still flawed. an obvious fake is easy to spot but high-grade fake is difficult even for authenticators to identify. some legit products are even mistake for fakes. knock-offs have come a long way and is indeed now more difficult to identify especially if the materials and worksmanship is up to par. the only difference being that it is produced in factories that don't pay taxes or employ child labor (which legit companies also do) or go thu channels that make them cheaper and affordable although sometimes sold as much as retail. this does not only limited to sneakers but appliances, electronics, toys, etc...

so if people think that having shoes certified by some person would give them a piece of mind of the cost they paid for a shoe, then go for it. for me, it doesn't make a difference at all and just a waste of time and money. it's not like a guarantee or warranty or an insurance. atleast with insurance, I got to return a product without the headaches of having to plead your case. from my experience, GOAT/SX charge a lot and a pain to deal when you get issues.

as far as eBay authentication is concerned, I'm suspicious that actual authentication exists but is a way to being back sellers and buyers back to the fold. instead of authentication, why not offer product satisfaction? in other internet marketplaces, the sellers would gladly give you a replacement without a discussion if you got any issues because they rely on their reputation and I think some are penalized or maybe even prosecuted (dunno for sure) for selling underwhelming products or poor service.

as far as SX/GOAT, those extra fees are not worth it. you are basically paying $50 or more for that silly rubber logo.

Back
Top Bottom