Jordan XI Retro "Space Jam" (Info/Pic - Inside)

Originally Posted by indohan

Ok. First, I don't care if OP is a mod in ISS or not. As long as he's know for his reliability, I'll buy it.

Lynell, welcome to NT. You're not the only one who understands the concept of simple economics here. Equilibrium price, bla bla bla all the crap.
a) Sure you can make some sacrifices.
b) Find a better job during this crisis?
laugh.gif
Talked about economy and this is what you suggest?
c) Nike doesn't care, Jordan cares. Without idiot people, the company won't survive.
Nike is genius, they improve the technology as they jack up the price. People will still buy the shoes even though they did not make big advertisement.
Jordan is otherwise, low quality, cutting cost material, increase in price.

By the way, the seaglow isn't the main reason why the glue wears off. It's the sun.
The sun dries up the glue.
You act like finding a job during a recession is impossible. Not true. If you really want something, you'll find a way to buy it. Folks thatcomplain are just annoying. If you want a quality shoe, leave retros alone. There's better shoes out there.

Originally Posted by Lynell

Originally Posted by indohan

Ok. First, I don't care if OP is a mod in ISS or not. As long as he's know for his reliability, I'll buy it.

Lynell, welcome to NT. You're not the only one who understands the concept of simple economics here. Equilibrium price, bla bla bla all the crap.
a) Sure you can make some sacrifices.
laugh.gif
c) Nike doesn't care, Jordan cares. Without idiot people, the company won't survive.
Nike is genius, they improve the technology as they jack up the price. People will still buy the shoes even though they did not make big advertisement.
Jordan is otherwise, low quality, cutting cost material, increase in price.

By the way, the seaglow isn't the main reason why the glue wears off. It's the sun.
The sun dries up the glue.
You act like finding a job during a recession is impossible. Not true. If you really want something, you'll find a way to buy it. Folks that complain are just annoying. If you want a quality shoe, leave retros alone. There's better shoes out there.
Hey, I've stopped buying Jordan's recent retros for a couple of years now. So, thanks for the late advise.
By the way, I didn't say it was impossible. What's almost impossible is finding a BETTERjob.
I remember you said this:
B.) Find a better Job, better yet get a job.

And I said this:
laugh.gif

Just be glad that you're keeping your job during this crisis, and not spending some crazy amount on low quality shoes.
I could buy a couple of $175 pairs, but with that kind of quality (assuming Collezione's mold), I don't think they worth my money even though retail at$100.
I'd feel like I was cheated by some variants re-sellers.

PS: People who complain, that's NT. You should have considered about it before applying for your membership, last month
People who complained about others who complained are as annoying.

My favorite all time kicks. I'll give it a shot when they come out, but i've had enough XI's to not care if I miss especially at that price for acheap made retro.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

no one cares about your "wars" and all that other hogwash...you're just another lame stuck in the JB forum
"ouchies"
laugh.gif
roll.gif
^^^^my sneaker herb always quoting anything that comes in my way. How are you doing Joey-retail?

All in all this shoe is any easy pass. Much rather pay 4 bills for piss like my herb above mention a few pages back.

JB shoes aint been worth their price tags since like 02 or 03

CDP mold= Devolution. Gotta take your own pinky toe out Saw style

worth 175!? Hell no

Originally Posted by KidFlint13

JB shoes aint been worth their price tags since like 02 or 03

CDP mold= Devolution. Gotta take your own pinky toe out Saw style

worth 175!? Hell no
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jks wild

To me, $175 is too low, JB should raise the price to an even $200, you clowns would still pay it anyway. That's not too expsenive to own the Space Jams.

really is...cdp mold....but anyways I am goin to cop especially around b-day time

No thanks, I already have a pair.

Wow, it's unfathomable how many are willing to shell-out damn near $200 (which tremendously exceeds the conventional retail price for retros) for anabridge version of the AJ XI
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

William Rivera 3 wrote:

The reason why i have recently gone 2 war with "hinters" is because they are fronting like $175 for CDP mold is the noble thing 2 do. can I get a
confirm?
no one cares about your "wars" and all that other hogwash...you're just another lame stuck in the JB forum

I wont go as far as calling him lame...hes just standing up for what he believes...just overdoing it at this point
eyes.gif

Id say he babbles
laugh.gif

i have to side with william on this.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

ballersdream08 wrote:

damn 175 is pretty high in price for these...i remember they were only 125 back in the days but nonetheless cop

that's why they're charging so much....cuz of people like u

You guys do realize that NikeTalk, or internet sneaker heads in general make up a very small portion of shoe consumers? As in, even if every shoe head on NTand ISS combined decided not to cop the SJs unanimously, they would still sell out. Why? Because they're motha f***in Space Jams! And the fact that peopleare willing to shell out Spiz'ike prices on a XI retro can't be considered the reason that JB continues to unreasonably raise the price because thereare also Spiz'ikes, True Flights, and viRings for ridiculous prices that move like "hotcakes", so whether or not the overpriced retroes arecopped don't matter, JB already won because they continually manage to cash in on their previous quality/originality. The current JB is just a shadow atnight of what it used to be, so the only thing to really do at this point is bite the bullet on the lack of quality to price ratio, or just give up on them.Honestly, after I cop the retroes I really, really desire for the cheapest resale slaughter price possible, I'm out.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Grailman911

people pay 200(retail) for foam because the technology of the shoe is far better than the 11's. same with the 23's. the 11's technology is far outdated. thats y i have a problem with paying 175 retail for them.
exactly, the thing is JB may make major bank off of one year of these releases, but the customers will get fed up- us NTers hate the quality andwont be buying as many, if any at all, and the regular population only buys Js for the Jumpman, which can be found on many other shoes for much cheaper. I woremy CDP XIs to school today, and people were shocked that I paid a WHOPPING 155 (half the pack), so how do you think they will feel about 175??? Spizikes mayhave sold out, but it took a long time, and stores around here got restocks from other stores that couldnt sell them. As the entire brands pricing creepshigher, the amount of average people willing to shell out the funds for these shoes decreases drastically.

Like many other US companies, theyre focusing on the short term, or what you may see as long term - 5 years at the MOST, and Im being generous. If you look atforeign luxury brands, they maintain the customer base they have already established, and continue to produce quality to keep that customer base. A business isrun based on the principle it will exist forever, and as such a real long term plan must be created, of 10-20 years at least.

Burberry (sp?), Gucci, Prada, LV (although not directly comparable to JB) all embody these principles. If they started putting out crap for prices thatincreased by 50%, they would be commiting suicide, as evidenced by brands that were hot in the past, see trends.. like Bapes, Fubu etc....

JB will be killing itself if it attempts to move the general price point of the brand up so drastically, so quickly. Adjusting for inflation, and disposableincome, the average american has much less purchasing power than years ago, and therefore JB cant afford to pull a stunt like this, the old strategy of smallincreases each generation of retroes worked well, and should be continued. They could even say 155, and there would be absolutely no complaints. You can allsee how the CDPs sold, but if the price is increased to 175 and quality is not increased at all, and actually dropping, they will not stand a chance in thelong term.

[/D-riders.]

Originally Posted by authentic727

To me, $175 is too low, JB should raise the price to an even $200, you clowns would still pay it anyway. That's not too expsenive to own the Space Jams.
laugh.gif
Your the clown....literally
QFT

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by Grailman911

people pay 200(retail) for foam because the technology of the shoe is far better than the 11's. same with the 23's. the 11's technology is far outdated. thats y i have a problem with paying 175 retail for them.
exactly, the thing is JB may make major bank off of one year of these releases, but the customers will get fed up- us NTers hate the quality and wont be buying as many, if any at all, and the regular population only buys Js for the Jumpman, which can be found on many other shoes for much cheaper. I wore my CDP XIs to school today, and people were shocked that I paid a WHOPPING 155 (half the pack), so how do you think they will feel about 175??? Spizikes may have sold out, but it took a long time, and stores around here got restocks from other stores that couldnt sell them. As the entire brands pricing creeps higher, the amount of average people willing to shell out the funds for these shoes decreases drastically.

Like many other US companies, theyre focusing on the short term, or what you may see as long term - 5 years at the MOST, and Im being generous. If you look at foreign luxury brands, they maintain the customer base they have already established, and continue to produce quality to keep that customer base. A business is run based on the principle it will exist forever, and as such a real long term plan must be created, of 10-20 years at least.

Burberry (sp?), Gucci, Prada, LV (although not directly comparable to JB) all embody these principles. If they started putting out crap for prices that increased by 50%, they would be commiting suicide, as evidenced by brands that were hot in the past, see trends.. like Bapes, Fubu etc....

JB will be killing itself if it attempts to move the general price point of the brand up so drastically, so quickly. Adjusting for inflation, and disposable income, the average american has much less purchasing power than years ago, and therefore JB cant afford to pull a stunt like this, the old strategy of small increases each generation of retroes worked well, and should be continued. They could even say 155, and there would be absolutely no complaints. You can all see how the CDPs sold, but if the price is increased to 175 and quality is not increased at all, and actually dropping, they will not stand a chance in the long term.

[/D-riders.]
- Smart man.
I applaud you....

Originally Posted by JorPun662

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

the people that are saying that paying $175 for space jams is no big deal are dead wrong
believe me .....i love the 11s ......i think the space jams are the sickest kicks of all time
but the problem is that if the space jams are release 4 $175 and people buy them and go crazy for these
than JB is going to think that they can keep doing that and the public will eat it up and do nothing bout it
they are just going to keep increasing the prices and given us trashy quality
too bad JB doesn't care about their customers ....at the end of the day they just wanna make money!!!
You are absolutely correct. When I was in high school, I got the patent leather black OG's in 96 I believe for $125 plus taxes. Now when our country is in such an economic crisis, Nike knows that the Jordan 11 is straight up recession-proof. So because they aren't combining it with some unecessary Jordan shoe that you would never buy on its own and throwing it in a package, they are getting what they would have gotten anyway plus more at $175/shoe. Now regardless of the price point, people are still going to buy this shoe. Then when the supply instantly dissapears like it probably will on day 1, Jordan brand now forecasts future projects with similar to higher prices and gets away with it. Next thing you know Jordans will be sold for $200+ and the demand will still be there. Then one day it will boil down to picking up those Jordan retros or getting those Ferragamo loafers for your homeboy's wedding. So we as the consumer have to put our foot down and end these increasing prices, but at the same time there are thousands of others who will hop on the opportunity to own this shoe regardless of the price. Especially the hype that sites like this create, I'm sure Nike's market researchers generate feedback and see that the hype does exist and from what it seems if this thread blows up that they can get away from this "rumored" price of $175. Nike executives are high fiving each other while a mistreaten, underpaid, labor force in China works dilligently to produce a shoe that will never compete with its predecessors. That's my two cents.
dam......thats deep....worse of all is soo true

Back
Top Bottom