*** JUST A REMINDER: PAC WAS NOT AN MC/LYRICIST.. ***

slrs

Banned
I understand this topic is made every hour on the hour on some ol Jay-Z's premiering a new video for his single type shh.. But the discussion was broughtup today after exams/finals when I made the statement that Pac wasn't a lyricist and that B.I.G. > Pac (which I assumed was common knowledge to anyonethat listens to hiphop at least.) and he wasn't in my top 5 all time lyricist list.

My list currently stands at:
Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
B.I.G.
Lupe

But on the real I need someone here to really tell me what Pac was because he definitely cant make a "Meet The Parents" or a "Nas Rewind"And cats really had the nerve to say that Pac had a "flow"
laugh.gif
I guess Im missing somthing cause I honestly hear the same flow on every Pac track.
laugh.gif

P.S. I dont own any Pac tracks on my comp.
laugh.gif
Ive heard majority of his stuff (ok i'm lying. dude got 76657865 albums and probably more to come) and IMOhis best work is Me Against The World. I just dont see anything "lyrical" about Pac.
ohwell.gif

the fact that dude was neither an "mc" or "lyricist" yet is in all of your favorite rappers favorite rappers top 5 lists should obviouslytell you something about what he brought to the rap game will probably never be re-created EVER. He was bigger than just rap, do your homework homie.

kids
smh.gif

uhm if he isnt lyrical what is he?

if you dont wanna call Pac lyrical then he is an example that you can have good lyrics and not be lyrical

ohwell.gif

He painted pictures with words. No double meanings like Jay-Z, but strong, factual arguments. He had his own unique rhyme-scheme.

Man, does lyrical content count for anything today? "Word to Kanye West," as some of you may say.

i never understood this logic.

so just because he didn't write double entendres, deep #%$ metaphors and shh ala big, hov, nas, etc. he's not a lyricist anymore?
if i'm not mistaken a lyricist is someone who writes/wrote lyrics which pac clearly did...and kept on doing til his final days...

yeah his lyrics weren't as profound as others, but he made clear-cut, straight shh that you felt...and that's what made him pac.
you can't undermine a guy for being himself and being able to share his music...

he's a lyricist. point blank. period.

Originally Posted by SLRS

I understand this topic is made every hour on the hour on some ol Jay-Z's premiering a new video for his single type shh.. But the discussion was brought up today after exams/finals when I made the statement that Pac wasn't a lyricist and that B.I.G. > Pac (which I assumed was common knowledge to anyone that listens to hiphop at least.) and he wasn't in my top 5 all time lyricist list. My list currently stands at: Eminem Nas Jay-Z B.I.G. Lupe But on the real I need someone here to really tell me what Pac was because he definitely cant make a "Meet The Parents" or a "Nas Rewind" And cats really had the nerve to say that Pac had a "flow"
laugh.gif
I guess Im missing somthing cause I honestly hear the same flow on every Pac track.
laugh.gif
P.S. I dont own any Pac tracks on my comp.
laugh.gif
Ive heard majority of his stuff (ok i'm lying. dude got 76657865 albums and probably more to come) and IMO his best work is Me Against The World. I just dont see anything "lyrical" about Pac.
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
Come on, Pac>Big. What pac brought to the game can't beduplicated. Seriously, this statement is kinda blastphemous(sp?) to me, but imo, pac is ten times better than big. Greatest to ever grace the mic. But, I havemy own opinions that most of you wouldn't believe.

Originally Posted by jomitm

i never understood this logic.

so just because he didn't write double entendres, deep #%$ metaphors and shh ala big, hov, nas, etc. he's not a lyricist anymore?
if i'm not mistaken a lyricist is someone who writes/wrote lyrics which pac clearly did...and kept on doing til his final days...

yeah his lyrics weren't as profound as others, but he made clear-cut, straight shh that you felt...and that's what made him pac.
you can't undermine a guy for being himself and being able to share his music...

he's a lyricist. point blank. period.

but imo, pac is ten times better than big.
Stop it.

if i'm not mistaken a lyricist is someone who writes/wrote lyrics

One of the best lyricists ever doesn't write.

But on the real, find me a Pac track like Em's Stan and I will close this thread.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

^yo, how is pac not better than big?
In what way IS Pac better than bigger?
ohwell.gif

Please purchase Life After Death 2CD (1997). I rest my case.

Stop it.

But on the real, find me a Pac track like Em's Stan and I will close this thread.

DO NOT GO THAT ROUTE IN ORDER TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT...

Pac.....dont get me started.

Stop it.

Str8ballin ...find me an Em track like so many tears and I ain't mad at ya

cuz he's of different species. he wrote in his head.

find me an Em track like [color= rgb(255, 153, 0)]Changes[/color] or [color= rgb(255, 153, 0)]Brenda's Got A Baby[/color] or [color= rgb(255, 153, 0)]Dear Mama[/color].hard? of course. why?
because they're two completely DIFFERENT rappers.

you can't say he's not a lyricist because he's not like another lyricist.
that's like saying Tony Parker isn't a basketball player because he doesn't play like Kobe.

i thought eminem's stan was kind of lame. lyrically em was clever but thats it. pac had emotion on his tracks that connected with his audience on a levelthat no other artist could capture.

"Now I'm lost and I'm weary, so many tears
I'm suicidal, so don't stand near me
My every move is a calculated step, to bring me closer
to embrace an early death, now there's nothin left
There was no mercy on the streets, I couldn't rest
I'm barely standin, bout to go to pieces, screamin peace
And though my soul was deleted, I couldn't see it
I had my mind full of demons tryin to break free
They planted seeds and they hatched, sparkin the flame
inside my brain like a match, such a dirty game
No memories, just a misery
Paintin a picture of my enemies killin me, in my sleep
Will I survive til the mo'nin, to see the sun
Please Lord forgive me for my sins, cause here I come."

now you tellin me that aint lyrical?

laugh.gif

at the two posts above me....thats exactly my point. Pac has done A LOT, as well as meant A LOT...something EM lacks in (Em's top 5 btw)but comparing artist to PAC is really difficult to do. which is why, even tho Jay is my fav rapper, ill never argue someone claimin Pac...

Okay, rated by song content, Pac is number 1. Rated by wordplay, BIG is the winner. This is coming from a pac fan btw. BIG had a very nice flow, but his songswere not as deep as pac's. Ready to die was ART, but then BIG went to commercial imo. 2pac stuck to his roots. Just listen to this man:

But on the real I need someone here to really tell me what Pac was because he definitely cant make a "Meet The Parents" or a "Nas Rewind"

indifferent.gif
brenda's got a baby, me & my girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom