Just dropping off some info for 2015 you guys may or may not know...

Honestly, I think production costs are a big factor... XVIs, XVIIs and XVIIIs were notoriously expensive to make (a lot of people complained about the CDP versions vs OG quality) so unless they sell them at $220+ (keeping in mind that the OG XVIIs went for $200 back in 2001) they aren't making nearly as much as a profit on them (especially when compared to models like AJIs which literally cost $20/pair to make). I think you have a solid point with the casual sneaker market.. They would rather go for a $180 pair of AJ IVs vs $220 AJ XVIs and the IVs would cost Nike SIGNIFICANTLY less to manufacture than the XVIs do...

In the end, diehard sneaker-fans of the post XIV models end up losing out, unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm willing to bet they are testing out the waters with the XXs to see if sales will be decent at >$220. I'm guessing this is not going to pan out though because I don't think most people will drop that kind of cash on a GR Jordan that isn't an XI or at least a popular OG model.

Very true it just sucks.. I love the xvii coppers... Id shell out for a ds pair of those... and the xvii lows... The yellow ones and black ones were fire... I have the black ones but the sole is separating...

Last edited:
LOW TOP INFRAREDS ARE SUCH A WASTE OF TIME BUT THEYLL LOOK NICE ON CHICKS WITH SMALL FEET... OTHER THAN THAT... GET EM OUTTA HERE!

ill cop em since i dont care for the mid version dont liek the tongue.

these will be had

If the white and red xvii could come out. I'm gonna take a trip to the cemetery just to show my grandpa I got them and will buy my cousin a pair. long story short me and my cousin was scared to our grandpa to order us them out of a east bay when they released. That's how long Ive been In this Jordan lifestyle even before then. Not your average young "sneakerhead".

Last edited:
@digiballs im not asking for a pack... know its just a way to get extra money but that being said, if jb sees a way to get money they will. Im just saying I'd rather get 2 11s than one. I would have loved if the pantones released alone but they didn't. In the end we got a great shoe. But yeah, if we could get 2 without a pack Id be all for it

Last edited:
I'll have to pass on those VI lows. Especially with the price raise. 
mean.gif

If they bring back the lowtop white and Carolina blue 6s but bad as they were with yellowing to brown and the off white I would probably pass this time. Tbh it was my first pair of 6s. I just wish retros were $125 again and readily available.

Will this sneaker market pop? When Nike starts pricing things that are just too high? $700 23 pack?

Will this sneaker market pop? When Nike starts pricing things that are just too high? $700 23 pack?
People will still cop to boost their ego. I.e.
"i paid 700 for these, I gets money broke boy sit down!"
It'll probably never stop.
People want to live above their own price.

People will still cop to boost their ego. I.e.
"i paid 700 for these, I gets money broke boy sit down!"
It'll probably never stop.
People want to live above their own price.
Sad but true. I don't think it'll deflate any time soon-if ever and Nike also knows this. This is America. We thrive off of debt, unnecessary goods, and narcissism.

I read these threads and see people saying $650 is a good deal FOR A PAIR OF SHOES. I know everybody's money is different, but that doesn't really matter.  People drop $200-$300 on a shoe and call it a deal. Nothing is changing. This is a newer generation who doesn't understand history and that they have power for change.

Nike's latest price hike shows that they're confident in the market. They know the majority of their customer base will find a way to justify the price hike and keep copping. Those are the people they're banking on. The people who have distorted definitions of wealth and a fragile ego to go along with it. Before the sneaker market can collapse there needs to be something to take it's place. What will the sheep follow next?

Since its going to be the 30th anniversary ...Has their been any info about the air Jordan 30?... Like maybe tinker will return. And design the air Jordan 30 or something.. The same way he did for the 20s and the 23s

Since its going to be the 30th anniversary ...Has their been any info about the air Jordan 30?... Like maybe tinker will return. And design the air Jordan 30 or something.. The same way he did for the 20s and the 23s
Tinker returned to co-design the 2010 and xx8, and if I'm not mistaken, he designed the xx9.

Eventually when prices do get to a certain point I think many will start severely limiting their Jordan retro pickups. Everyone has that tipping point and it's only gonna take 2-3 more price hikes, in my estimation, before people start thinking twice. I wasn't in the game then, but I've seen old Eastbay mags advertising Jordan retros for roughly $130-$140 circa mid 2000s I believe. So to some this was just an extra $20 and the thinking is that what's an extra $20 when you're already dishing out $170 anyway? The newer heads/hypebeasts haven't experienced that feeling of "Damn, I remember paying $50 less for this same shoe not a few years ago". But those that have been around a while it's becoming an extra $40-$50-$60+ compared to what it "used to be" for them and I can already see on here that it's those people who are right now saying they're only going to get 1-2 pairs this year or it's been X amount of years since they've copped anything.

There's a ceiling to how much JB is going to get for these retros. At a certain point, and it might only be an extra $20-$30, but at some point people will begin to realize their money isn't paying for a product equal in value and they'll realize that they can get better quality at up 50%-60% of the price. Adidas hit a home run last year with the ZX FLUX's. A comfy shoe with great support that won't crease or scuff, durable materials, a versatile silhouette that can sport pretty much any kind of print/pattern/design on multiple uppers, an app that allows you to customize a pair with absolutely any picture/print/design that you choose for a fully customization experience to create truly 1/1 unique shoe, and all at a $90 price point. Plenty of other brands/shoes that offer a better experience at a better value than Jordan retros. You're paying for the legacy of Michael Jordan, the hype created by the general population and sneaker news outlets, and the exclusive factor that most shoes don't have because they're still sitting on shelves for anyone to grab because they don't have the same hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan retros. They're great looking shoes and hold a lot of value to me. But most people aren't sneaker heads and won't be impressed by how you copped or how much you paid. Of course I've gotten compliments by plenty non-sneaker heads, but there will come a point where the price isn't worth the shoe or impressing other sneaker heads, mostly dudes, with your shoes.

Eventually when prices do get to a certain point I think many will start severely limiting their Jordan retro pickups. Everyone has that tipping point and it's only gonna take 2-3 more price hikes, in my estimation, before people start thinking twice. I wasn't in the game then, but I've seen old Eastbay mags advertising Jordan retros for roughly $130-$140 circa mid 2000s I believe. So to some this was just an extra $20 and the thinking is that what's an extra $20 when you're already dishing out $170 anyway? The newer heads/hypebeasts haven't experienced that feeling of "Damn, I remember paying $50 less for this same shoe not a few years ago". But those that have been around a while it's becoming an extra $40-$50-$60+ compared to what it "used to be" for them and I can already see on here that it's those people who are right now saying they're only going to get 1-2 pairs this year or it's been X amount of years since they've copped anything.

There's a ceiling to how much JB is going to get for these retros. At a certain point, and it might only be an extra $20-$30, but at some point people will begin to realize their money isn't paying for a product equal in value and they'll realize that they can get better quality at up 50%-60% of the price. Adidas hit a home run last year with the ZX FLUX's. A comfy shoe with great support that won't crease or scuff, durable materials, a versatile silhouette that can sport pretty much any kind of print/pattern/design on multiple uppers, an app that allows you to customize a pair with absolutely any picture/print/design that you choose for a fully customization experience to create truly 1/1 unique shoe, and all at a $90 price point. Plenty of other brands/shoes that offer a better experience at a better value than Jordan retros. You're paying for the legacy of Michael Jordan, the hype created by the general population and sneaker news outlets, and the exclusive factor that most shoes don't have because they're still sitting on shelves for anyone to grab because they don't have the same hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan retros. They're great looking shoes and hold a lot of value to me. But most people aren't sneaker heads and won't be impressed by how you copped or how much you paid. Of course I've gotten compliments by plenty non-sneaker heads, but there will come a point where the price isn't worth the shoe or impressing other sneaker heads, mostly dudes, with your shoes.

While logically your point might make sense, logic doesn't seem to apply to sneaker fans. They continue to shell out more and more for JB retros and I just don't see that stopping anytime. The resell market is proof that there is virtually no limit to what sneaker heads will pay for shoes they want.

There was a guy on NT predicting the downfall of JB in 2007. Never happened obviously. I just don't see this hype stopping anytime soon.

While logically your point might make sense, logic doesn't seem to apply to sneaker fans. They continue to shell out more and more for JB retros and I just don't see that stopping anytime. The resell market is proof that there is virtually no limit to what sneaker heads will pay for shoes they want.

There was a guy on NT predicting the downfall of JB in 2007. Never happened obviously. I just don't see this hype stopping anytime soon.

Yeah you could make arguments either way and the resell market is an indicator that people will pay obscene prices for these. But as retail prices rise so will resell to adjust. And the hype is at an all time high can retros sell out with a $220 price tag? Sure, but I think what will come with that is that people will become more picky and the weaker colorways will struggle to move as fast, though they may still sell out, but they won't move as fast. So maybe that in itself will tell JB at the least that they need to deliver with hotter color ways than the mediocre/garbage ones they've been putting out I.E. these all green 4s coming up, Marvin the martians, bobcat 10s, every 14 from last year, reflective 13s, baron 9s/13s, etc.

Last edited:
We need to see bred iv re-release. Gimme better quality doesn't eeem have to have nike air although it would be appreciated.

I just unloaded my ds pair. Can't get pass the fact that they will crack :x

-There was 2 sample pics floating around for the Marvin the Martian Retro 7. One was Black dura buck, with red, green, and yellow accents, the other was white leather, with blue and some other accents I can't remember which color. According to the SKU and style code the official color description in the system is black/lt graphite so it looks like the black one from the catalog scan is the one they're moving forward with.

...the OG color of the IX...
possible year of the Space Jam?

Back
Top Bottom