Justice League vs Avengers vol. pretty sure this has been debated before

I hate that whole batman prep time !#%.Lets be honest Not much Batman can do if a league member went crazy within minutes are decided to kill people around him.Wwh or wolverine would easily murk him in a heartbeat.Not much he can do against folks willing to kill and are relentless like that.If Superman wonder woman or flash wanted him dead he would be dead.Batman is a great detective brilliant mind but he is a man amongst gods.

if people are mentioning dbz, i think it should be noted that the watchmen would murk both A and JL with just Dr. Manhattan

Originally Posted by AirThompson

PRIME wrote:

Why are Dragonball Z characters being brought up? Get those lames outta here.

You only say that because you know no matter what, the Z warriors can and will defeat anyone put in their way. 
laugh.gif

106exe9.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm just saying

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Sea man

Dr. Manhattan
That's not even remotely fair
laugh.gif

They'd all be dust in the wind in under 1 minute.
Dr. Manhattan is a bawse 
smokin.gif
I don't think i've ever heard "prep time" used so much before.  If you give anyone the sufficient time to prepare and come up with a strategy then that's a big advantage.  That's a big "if" though.

laugh.gif
I wish comics were simple. It's so hard to keep up with all these different story arcs and alt universes.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Sea man

Dr. Manhattan

That's not even remotely fair
laugh.gif

They'd all be dust in the wind in under 1 minute.
We need to put Manhattan and Superman Prime in the "cannot play" corner 
laugh.gif

Dr Manhattan can't be used dude is almost a primordial force.
All team avengers (Classic Avengers with a few of Marvels Brightest)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Wasp
Ant Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Quiksilver
Hulk
Vision

Honestly folks underestimate the Avengers team synergy .Avengers pick apart their enemies and work together a classic avengers line up is dangerous not because of the physical strength of the characters but of the various powers they have and how they make it mesh .Team work is key Captain America is the best field Commander in Marvel closest guy to him is Cyclops and third Reed Richards.He can take teams without many heavy hitters and make them just as dangerous as a full classic line up.Civil War his team was underpowered compared to the likes of Ironmans and he still managed to hold his own not because they were stronger but because they knew how to work with the best of what they have.
Cap is just as dangerous in strategy as in combat.Guy has held his own against thor,Iron Man,Wolverine ,Hulk and Thanos to an extent .

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Dr Manhattan can't be used dude is almost a primordial force.
All team avengers (Classic Avengers with a few of Marvels Brightest)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Wasp
Ant Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Quiksilver
Hulk
Vision

Honestly folks underestimate the Avengers team synergy .Avengers pick apart their enemies and work together a classic avengers line up is dangerous not because of the physical strength of the characters but of the various powers they have and how they make it mesh .Team work is key Captain America is the best field Commander in Marvel closest guy to him is Cyclops and third Reed Richards.He can take teams without many heavy hitters and make them just as dangerous as a full classic line up.Civil War his team was underpowered compared to the likes of Ironmans and he still managed to hold his own not because they were stronger but because they knew how to work with the best of what they have.
Cap is just as dangerous in strategy as in combat.Guy has held his own against thor,Iron Man,Wolverine ,Hulk and Thanos to an extent .
I gotta agree
- Quicksilver would be the 1st one to go down.  He would naturally get matched up against the Flash, who outclasses him by far in every area

- Cap and Batman would fight to a standstill.  But in a prolonged hand to hand combat fight, Cap eventually wins.  People forget that even without super strength,  Cap is the pinnacle of human perfection, which Marvel defines as being able to bench 700lbs

- Thor vs Superman...This is difficult, because Superman is that iconic character, but Thor can match him with strength, and Thor has the power of magic on his side, which Superman isnt invulnerable against.  The class 100 strength of Thor plus Mjolnir would put Thor over the top in a close fight

- Hulk vs Wonder Woman:   This would be a much better fight than most people thing.  Wonder Woman has no qualms about killing, and she can match Superman in the strength department.  The advantage that Hulk has is that he doesnt get tired, and he heals at an accelerated rate.  In the end, the savagery of the Hulk would be too much

-Vision vs Martian Manhunter:  These two have a similar skillset, but Martian Manhunter is also a shape shifter, a telekinetic and has a healing factor.  Vision goes down

- Hawkeye versus the Green Arrow:  These 2 fight to a draw, we'll just say they kill each other

- Ant Man and Wasp vs the Atom:  The Atom is capable of shrinking his body past any point that Pym or Janet Van Dyne could imagine.  Ray Palmer (the Atom) is capable of shinking to the subatomic scale, but also has the advantage of maintaining his full weight.  So essentially the Atom could be the size of a subatomic particle, but still weigh the same as an adult man.  The Atom has also taken down DC's greatest assassin in Deathstroke..he wins

-Ironman vs Green Lantern:  I honestly think that there is no way that Ironman can even touch GL.  Green Lantern could dismantle Ironman's armor from a distance while cracking jokes

Hawkeye versus the Green Arrow:  These 2 fight to a draw, we'll just say they kill each other
And nobody would even care
laugh.gif

Ironman vs Green Lantern:  I honestly think that there is no way that Ironman can even touch GL.  Green Lantern could dismantle Ironman's armor from a distance while cracking jokes

Are these characters being based on "average" stats or the best form they reach in the comics? Because didn't Stark have possession of the completed Infinity Gauntlet at some point?

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Hawkeye versus the Green Arrow:  These 2 fight to a draw, we'll just say they kill each other
laugh.gif

Ironman vs Green Lantern:  I honestly think that there is no way that Ironman can even touch GL.  Green Lantern could dismantle Ironman's armor from a distance while cracking jokes

Are these characters being based on "average" stats or the best form they reach in the comics? Because didn't Stark have possession of the completed Infinity Gauntlet at some point?
yup, Avengers #12.

ibr6tFwvXrPUjK.jpg

ThorrocksJs wrote:

Who is underestimating them? So far, it seems like it's 50/50 so how can anyone be under-estimating them. 
Plus the JLA has been operating together for a long time too, I highly doubt they would have any less team synergy than the Avengers. 

Hulk can probably beat Diana down .She has never been one of the absolute strongest members of the JL .What she makes up with that like you said is Killing intent.Hulk expierence battling Thor and on Sakaar during planet hulk should even that out though.He has fought to the death and if he can get in his Planet Hulk mind state he can take on the leagues strongest.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

laugh.gif

I was saying average stats.  If Superman Prime or Rune King Thor cant be included, then Stark with the IG def aint poppin 5

Originally Posted by omgitswes

If Hulk gets in WWH mode then I don't think anyone is touching him.

Well that's the thing, people are touching up on the different levels of their powers. WWH is his peak and strongest he could be, after that you'd go Rune King Thor, then Superman Prime, etc... and were back to having terrible discussions.
To keep it fair, try and use the regular and most popular version. 

Hulk can probably beat Diana down .She has never been one of the absolute strongest members of the JL .What she makes up with that like you said is Killing intent.Hulk expierence battling Thor and on Sakaar during planet hulk should even that out though.He has fought to the death and if he can get in his Planet Hulk mind state he can take on the leagues strongest.

Im not saying Hulk wouldnt win, but Wonder Woman's strength is rated by DC in class 100+ (able to lift far in excess of 100 tons)

I hate that whole batman prep time !#%.Lets be honest Not much Batman can do if a league member went crazy within minutes are decided to kill people around him.Wwh or wolverine would easily murk him in a heartbeat.Not much he can do against folks willing to kill and are relentless like that.If Superman wonder woman or flash wanted him dead he would be dead.Batman is a great detective brilliant mind but he is a man amongst gods.

you're right in that regard, but batman has endless files on how other heroes think and operate. if someone has the potential to "go crazy within minutes" or "snap," batman would already know because this potential is unearthed in psychiatric reports.

it's basically saying, you can go on a rampage at any moment, kill your entire family, and then kill yourself. but that never happens because logically, it doesn't make sense and your mind and body will never do it, no matter how hard you actually "think" about doing it.

batman is well aware of the goodness in the other JL members. he doesn't have to worry about any sudden changes of heart. and if he did, i'm sure there is something in his belt that can negate the person.

when people say that batman will unmask your weaknesses, he's not just talking about weaknesses like kryptonite or getting rid of your armor. when you compare any superheroes mental prowess and will to batman's, they're all at a disadvantage considering batman's reputation as THE greatest detective of all time. he'll go after tony stark instead of iron man if he can't beat iron man. he'll go after bruce banner if he can't get hulk. he'll take advantage of your good heart if you're like superman. not to mention he can always take hostage of clark's family. just lots of things that can be done to hurt someone and bend them to your will. batman knows all these things due to his unlimited resources and genius-level intellect.

If the Avengers had a full powered Wanda Maximoff, what would the league do?

I saw some people bring up the Flash in this thread. The speed force doesn't exist in the MCU, so if the fight was in 616 Flash would be useless.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

If the Avengers had a full powered Wanda Maximoff, what would the league do?

I saw some people bring up the Flash in this thread. The speed force doesn't exist in the MCU, so if the fight was in 616 Flash would be useless.
Who said it would be in the 616 universe?  It would be on a neutral site when everybody's powers exist.  But the Avengers have never had a full powered Wanda Maximoff, and the scenario calls for the average power levels of each character.
But last time there was a full powered Wanda, she ended up killing most of the mutants on earth, and had a mental breakdown.  Martian Manhunter is a telepath, he could easily drive her off the deep end, and make her kill her own teammates 

let's close this up.

As a Marvel fan even I know, core group avengers would be wiped out by core group JLA.

I would see GL having a hard time against IM
I would see Martian Manhunter having a hard time against Vision
Superman beats Thor
Flash beats quicksilver
Cap beats batman in hand to hand combat, Batman wins everything else
Hawkeye beats Green Arrow but it's a close battle.
Wonder Woman beats Binary/Ms. Marvel if we include her...

Hulk is not in my avengers team

Wild factor is Scarlet Witch and Batman.

JLA wins this one. If this was no stops, no holds barred...past and present avengers and jla...Avengers wins it.

If the environment they were fighting in was even and no unfair advantages JLA wins it.

^^^^ True, Hulk technically isnt even an Avenger. As I recall, the Avengers were formed to stop a rampaging Hulk

Back
Top Bottom