Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

That was the plan. You didn't know the VMA's are scripted? iTunes sales for B and Taylor went up 80% the day after. It's marketing.

despite the fact you kanye riders need to expand your music library. he did not elevate her career. let's just say kanye expanded his career of the stunthe pulled on taylor swift.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

she's got the pop-country on lock at the moment.
she's the current Carrie Underwood...who rocked out the CMA's when she 1st burst onto the scene

only thing Kanye did for her was to make non country people aware of who she was.
Exactly. And on a side note, that Eddie House gif is awesome!

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Kanye did nothing but hurt his own career

NTers needa start living outside NT

just because country isn't big on here doesn't mean it's not relevant but I know that's how a lot of you clowns think

country artist's fans actually buy their albums instead of hanging on their jock than stealing the album
Country is still the most popular music genre in America, by a long shot. Most NT'ers wouldn't know that.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Kanye did nothing but hurt his own career

NTers needa start living outside NT

just because country isn't big on here doesn't mean it's not relevant but I know that's how a lot of you clowns think

country artist's fans actually buy their albums instead of hanging on their jock than stealing the album
Country is still the most popular music genre in America, by a long shot. Most NT'ers wouldn't know that.
its past NT'ers tho...my family members, cousins, co-workers had no idea who she was, now all of a sudden she hot #**

qouted for truth, too many nters live in a box that consist of drake and lil wayne

I'm sorry, Kanye might as well have signed the bottom of each of those awards for her.
Its just the CMAs pathetic attempt at "making a statement."
She probably would have gotten some awards, but not as many as she did.
The mere fact that a broader audience, NT included are even remotely talking about her is b/c of the Kanye incident. initiation.

also,
Carrie Underwood>>>>>>FreeCreditReport.com Band>>>>>>>Taylor Swift

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

despite the fact you kanye riders need to expand your music library. he did not elevate her career. let's just say kanye expanded his career of the stunt he pulled on taylor swift.

So are you saying her #28 to #13 jump on billboard, and her 18,000 to 33,000 a week in sales after the mtv awards is all a coincidence?

Originally Posted by RenaRene

I'm sorry, Kanye might as well have signed the bottom of each of those awards for her.
The mere fact that a broader audience, NT included are even remotely talking about her is b/c of the Kanye incident. initiation.

also,

Taylor Swift writes her own music which is a big part of why she's gotten so big, not to mention that she's likable unlike Kanye. Granted, thesituation helped Taylor's career by putting her on the face of every magazine and getting her a spot on every show, but I think regardless she would haveworked her way up to a fanbase as big as it is now with or without the VMAs. She swept the CMAs because she was the most prolific and hard working one thisyear. Brad, Keith and George are all great (brad not so much) but Taylor definitely came to be the most popular one. Entertainer of the Year for a reason, IMO.Carrie Underwood sucks though. Her voice is good but she has no personality and her songs are really cliche, though I get down to Before He Cheats and CowboyCasanova.
tongue.gif

michelle

yes i am a country fan.

edited for grammatical errorz though I probably missed some

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Nope.

She was already huge before Kanye's shenanigans.

That is all.
i never heard of her before then so yes Ye did elevate her you cant argue it!

the chick did opera after
indifferent.gif

I'm going to assume you mean Oprah, but opera is cool too besides she was on Oprah before the whole thing as a surprise guest. Just sayin'...
nerd.gif

I dont see how you could even argue this... After the 30 seconds of Kanye on stage, She immediately began receiving support from every other celeb imaginable.She was instantly the most popular twitter, facebook, insert-social-media-here, topic. She suddenly got calls from major talk shows. Taylor swift might havebeen a musical guest on talk shows before, but she wasn't sitting in the chair. The **** president commented on the whole thing.

Sure, she had fans before, but now she has more.

Originally Posted by milbert

also,

Taylor Swift writes her own music which is a big part of why she's gotten so big, not to mention that she's likable unlike Kanye. Granted, the situation helped Taylor's career by putting her on the face of every magazine and getting her a spot on every show, but I think regardless she would have worked her way up to a fanbase as big as it is now with or without the VMAs. She swept the CMAs because she was the most prolific and hard working one this year. Brad, Keith and George are all great (brad not so much) but Taylor definitely came to be the most popular one. Entertainer of the Year for a reason, IMO. Carrie Underwood sucks though. Her voice is good but she has no personality and her songs are really cliche, though I get down to Before He Cheats and Cowboy Casanova.
tongue.gif

michelle

yes i am a country fan.

I'm sorry michelle but you're opinion is so biased because ALL woman are on Taylor Swifts side

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by milbert

also,

Taylor Swift writes her own music which is a big part of why she's gotten so big, not to mention that she's likable unlike Kanye. Granted, the situation helped Taylor's career by putting her on the face of every magazine and getting her a spot on every show, but I think regardless she would have worked her way up to a fanbase as big as it is now with or without the VMAs. She swept the CMAs because she was the most prolific and hard working one this year. Brad, Keith and George are all great (brad not so much) but Taylor definitely came to be the most popular one. Entertainer of the Year for a reason, IMO. Carrie Underwood sucks though. Her voice is good but she has no personality and her songs are really cliche, though I get down to Before He Cheats and Cowboy Casanova.
tongue.gif

michelle

yes i am a country fan.

I'm sorry michelle but you're opinion is so biased because ALL woman are on Taylor Swifts side

:O
I'm not saying that the attention garnered from the situation didn't help her career but even sans it she wasn't doing too bad herself.
tongue.gif

michelle

man you guys have to listen to her album Fearless though, #!$$ is pure heat beginning to end, the lyrics are so
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

very well written

I honestly didnt know how taylor swift looked like until after, only heard some of her songs.

and by the way you guys better do ya research, country music's fanbase craps all over hip hop, its all called middle america, them dudes are seriousbusiness, so I dont see how kanye elevated her career whatsoever, maybe the other way around, cause thousands of pre-teeners just found out who kanye is
laugh.gif

I didnt know nothing about girl before that happened.

I never was a fan of Kanye.

Girl can get the
devil.gif
in her
eek.gif
box

r1058w.gif

you can tell EH didnt want no mas by the way he turned around
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

I didnt know nothing about girl before that happened.

I never was a fan of Kanye.

Girl can get the
devil.gif
in her
eek.gif
box

r1058w.gif

you can tell EH didnt want no mas by the way he turned around
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

why would you post that .gif??? it doesn't correlate to the thread whatsoever homie
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom