<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

I don't know why WTT is getting pegged as "Luxury rap" especially in 2011.

I mean, I know it exists, but they speak on it well, at least in this day n age.

It should have been spoken on when Jay was talking about Vera Wang Couture wedding dresses on "change clothes"
something NO ONE should really relate to, seemed like an empty attempt to seem trendy.

when it has NO backing to it, it should be attacked and addressed, I think at this point Jay and Kanye know when/how to mention high end stuff.
when the rest of hiphop follow suit and buy "red louis Vittons" and just yell brand names for no damn reason... is when it sounds asinine

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I mean, I know it exists, but they speak on it well, at least in this day n age.

It should have been spoken on when Jay was talking about Vera Wang Couture wedding dresses on "change clothes"
something NO ONE should really relate to, seemed like an empty attempt to seem trendy.

when it has NO backing to it, it should be attacked and addressed, I think at this point Jay and Kanye know when/how to mention high end stuff.
when the rest of hiphop follow suit and buy "red louis Vittons" and just yell brand names for no damn reason... is when it sounds asinine
That's exactly what I've been saying. At least you know they talk about crazy name brands in WTT you can believe it. 99% of all the other Hip-Hop is just saying it because it's the cool thing to do. It's like watching a broke #%! rapper wear a giant chain you know he borrowed or drive an expensive car you know he rented for his video. It's GARBAGE. And it's not like every song on the album is only money rap anyway.

That's exactly what I've been saying. At least you know they talk about crazy name brands in WTT you can believe it. 99% of all the other Hip-Hop is just saying it because it's the cool thing to do. It's like watching a broke #%! rapper wear a giant chain you know he borrowed or drive an expensive car you know he rented for his video. It's GARBAGE. And it's not like every song on the album is only money rap anyway.

Red bottom Louboutin.

Red bottom Louboutin.

"Why I Love You" is an amazing song. While this album isn't perfect and nowhere near a classic.. there are some outstanding sequences on here.

I'm a fan of it. Same way I'm a fan of MBDTF.

"Why I Love You" is an amazing song. While this album isn't perfect and nowhere near a classic.. there are some outstanding sequences on here.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm in tears. Thanks for the laugh, my man.

Not sure why that's so funny to you. It's actually true. The only rhymes that Kanye spits on this album that Birdman couldn't spit are on "Murder To Excellence."
Everything else is just crap.
cuz i could definitely hear Birdman sayin "sophisticated ignorance write my curses in cursive" that's Beatrice ALL DAY! 
birdman7-724029.jpg

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm in tears. Thanks for the laugh, my man.

Not sure why that's so funny to you. It's actually true. The only rhymes that Kanye spits on this album that Birdman couldn't spit are on "Murder To Excellence."
Everything else is just crap.
cuz i could definitely hear Birdman sayin "sophisticated ignorance write my curses in cursive" that's Beatrice ALL DAY! 
birdman7-724029.jpg

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by tune205

So this album was on everybody's watch list all year.Thats a complete lie your telling yourself now.HAM wasn't even talked about like that it wasn't extremely popular at all.

Dude just stop it 
laugh.gif

Nah Ima help you out. 

Whether a song is popular has nothing to do with an album with 2 of the biggest names in the game leaking or not leaking. Sounds like youre suggesting hackers are sitting back thinking "Do people really want an album with Kanye & Jay Z...Nah I wont leak it" 
laugh.gif

Uh Im saying the main reason the album didnt leak was because nobody was really checking for it .IF ham was popular we would have heard all types of songs from 30 second joints and beats and parts of tracks. This album not leaking was not some planned out venture.It was just a case of this album not really having a buzz .

so based on your post, The Red Album (which did leak) had a bigger buzz than Watch The Throne?
think about it.
what hits did the Red Album have to give it a buzz and make people want to leak it?
People were checking more for a rapper who is barely relevant than for 2 of the top rappers in the game today?
FOH

Originally Posted by tune205

So this album was on everybody's watch list all year.Thats a complete lie your telling yourself now.HAM wasn't even talked about like that it wasn't extremely popular at all.

Dude just stop it 
laugh.gif

Nah Ima help you out. 

Whether a song is popular has nothing to do with an album with 2 of the biggest names in the game leaking or not leaking. Sounds like youre suggesting hackers are sitting back thinking "Do people really want an album with Kanye & Jay Z...Nah I wont leak it" 
laugh.gif

Uh Im saying the main reason the album didnt leak was because nobody was really checking for it .IF ham was popular we would have heard all types of songs from 30 second joints and beats and parts of tracks. This album not leaking was not some planned out venture.It was just a case of this album not really having a buzz .

so based on your post, The Red Album (which did leak) had a bigger buzz than Watch The Throne?
think about it.
what hits did the Red Album have to give it a buzz and make people want to leak it?
People were checking more for a rapper who is barely relevant than for 2 of the top rappers in the game today?
FOH

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

think about it.
FOH
Well of course people were checking for Kanye/Jay together more than Game, but Game also had 8 pushbacks, a single that only sort of felt like a single (Pot of Gold), and though
I'm fans of all 3 of them, I never once believed R.E.D. was actually gonna even come out. I thought he was gonna pull a Young Jeezy and drop another mixtape for another pushback.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

think about it.
FOH
Well of course people were checking for Kanye/Jay together more than Game, but Game also had 8 pushbacks, a single that only sort of felt like a single (Pot of Gold), and though
I'm fans of all 3 of them, I never once believed R.E.D. was actually gonna even come out. I thought he was gonna pull a Young Jeezy and drop another mixtape for another pushback.

Originally Posted by Uncle Ice

Red bottom Louboutin.
that's the point.
Mr. Me too went out and got Red bottom Louis when he misinterpreted that line

Originally Posted by Uncle Ice

Red bottom Louboutin.
that's the point.
Mr. Me too went out and got Red bottom Louis when he misinterpreted that line

roll.gif
cats kill me, my boy told me this album isn't lyrical, but he feels wocka flocka and Gucci man, I'm starting to believe a lot of the content went over people heads.

roll.gif
cats kill me, my boy told me this album isn't lyrical, but he feels wocka flocka and Gucci man, I'm starting to believe a lot of the content went over people heads.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

roll.gif
It did bro.
It sucks that they instantly label the album as "luxury rap, showing off rap, etcc" when the album is a bit deeper than that. With much more introspective subject matter than just flashing your money and random high fashion labels
eyes.gif

Whatever, I have a feeling that this album might have a cult following some years from now. I'll be wrong, but I'm just basing this off of what I see on other forums and how they received it, but as time passes more and more people are gonna really appreciate it for what it is.

talkingoutofmyass
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

roll.gif
It did bro.
It sucks that they instantly label the album as "luxury rap, showing off rap, etcc" when the album is a bit deeper than that. With much more introspective subject matter than just flashing your money and random high fashion labels
eyes.gif

Whatever, I have a feeling that this album might have a cult following some years from now. I'll be wrong, but I'm just basing this off of what I see on other forums and how they received it, but as time passes more and more people are gonna really appreciate it for what it is.

talkingoutofmyass
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom