Kanye's Inspiration...Vol Don't Kill The Messenger

on the heels of the Lupe post...might as well post a Kanye one (808s & Heartbreak included)...apologies if this has already been posted

Good post.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was trying to guess the name of kanyes song before it came up.....last call
eek.gif
I had noclue

Didnt just blaze do touch the sky tho?

some of those couldnt even be considered samples. just similar music.

there are a lot more songs than i realized tho.

This is cool...interesting seeing where he gets all these samples from...and I'm pretty sure some of those aren't samples...I think he said hedidn't sample much for 808's...maybe they were just used as reference...still a nice video though

'and I'm pretty sure some of those aren't samples...I think he said he didn't sample much for 808's...maybe they were just used asreference'

Its called interpolation. Didnt know Big Brother and Flashing Lights were done like that..thought they were completely original.

Originally Posted by IYE2

'and I'm pretty sure some of those aren't samples...I think he said he didn't sample much for 808's...maybe they were just used as reference'

Its called interpolation. Didnt know Big Brother and Flashing Lights were done like that..thought they were completely original.
Exactly. There's a difference between that and a sample. Either way it's still borrowed and they get credit in the album credits. Butit's all good music. That's what hip hop is, been sampling from day 1.

I really love that Coldest Winter sample....all these artists are just kickin back and collecting royalty checks thanks to 'Ye!!!

Love him or hate him but you can't deny 'Ye is a genius when it comes to turning an oldie into a new hit classic.
pimp.gif

I wanna know how much it cost to get some of these samples (specially Michael Jackson samples), how much the "kickback" checks are, and how much doesthis cut into Kanye's pocket. Because that is A LOT of samples, seems like a lot of money goes into production.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Love him or hate him but you can't deny 'Ye is a genius when it comes to turning an oldie into a new hit classic.
pimp.gif

I wanna know how much it cost to get some of these samples (specially Michael Jackson samples), how much the "kickback" checks are, and how much does this cut into Kanye's pocket. Because that is A LOT of samples, seems like a lot of money goes into production.

-The Juice

thats why homey gets mad pissed when he loses awards to less deserving cats....he puts booku money into production and he obviously wants some retribution

Wow never peeped that Curtis Mayfield on that Flashing Lights and thats my favorite song from that Superfly Sdtk....Little Child....
eek.gif

sooo dope. didnt catch the paranoid one though.

he has a crazy eclectic music taste.

amazing video mesh prooops

Damn

Ye is fire.

Dude listens to music from different generations.

Flip it and make it so modern people will bump to it

Back
Top Bottom