Kawhi Leonard New Balance

fyi..... heard the NB Philly store still had shoes left

per FL release calendar
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.44.12 PM.png

Last edited:
1571953669966.jpeg

quite a bit of toe space, but tight around the mid foot and I went tts. not as springy as the kd12 but have more of a 997 feel with a firm forefoot. the cushioning is nice tho and they feel secure around the ankle. knit around the toe box is not very pliable either

I was pretty much where you are...

Everything is very stiff out of the box...Definitely a shoe that needs a break in period...I’ve found the toe box to soften with wear and the cushioning also softens out...Very pliable after being worn a bit...Traction was another plus for me...Didn’t need to wipe down the soles like I usually do at my local Rec...My one complaint is that the mid foot strap doesn’t really conform well...I say size down because of the toe box being so large, but wide footers probably better stay tts due to that strap...

Gave my Grey Day’s three runs now and I’ve fallen in love with them...So far I’ve tried out three pairs of the current court kicks this season...Jordan 34’s, Bron 17’s, and these...Of the three I think I’d grab for these before the other two (After they’ve been broken in), with the 34’s a close second...Bron 17’s just aren’t working for me...

First wear I thought for sure I’d end up not using these...Forced myself to grab them for a second run and after that run it was night and day...

Thinking of using this new white pair for casual though so we’ll see how that goes...

I was pretty much where you are...

Everything is very stiff out of the box...Definitely a shoe that needs a break in period...I’ve found the toe box to soften with wear and the cushioning also softens out...Very pliable after being worn a bit...Traction was another plus for me...Didn’t need to wipe down the soles like I usually do at my local Rec...My one complaint is that the mid foot strap doesn’t really conform well...I say size down because of the toe box being so large, but wide footers probably better stay tts due to that strap...

Gave my Grey Day’s three runs now and I’ve fallen in love with them...So far I’ve tried out three pairs of the current court kicks this season...Jordan 34’s, Bron 17’s, and these...Of the three I think I’d grab for these before the other two (After they’ve been broken in), with the 34’s a close second...Bron 17’s just aren’t working for me...

First wear I thought for sure I’d end up not using these...Forced myself to grab them for a second run and after that run it was night and day...

Thinking of using this new white pair for casual though so we’ll see how that goes...

Man really good to hear! I would wear thicker hoop socks with these. Also good to know there’s a break in period. I wish I could try these on (know that’s not happening lol) but I think going down .5 might be the safest move.

JS”

Got my pair and the fit feels a bit strange so thought I'd check with you guys as I don't have much experience and bball shoes to compare (got harden 3 in same size and fits great). The toe space for me was ok and width was ok/slightly tight which I prefer. Ankle/achilles part feels locked in due to lace location and the piece where the logo is. My heel however doesn't stay locked into the heel cup area (as in my heel moves around in the heel cup area but ankles are locked in). is this right/ok or should I be sizing down?

EDIT: thicker socks seems to improve it by a bit, (was wearing the thin stance socks previously) though there is still some slight heel slippage

Last edited:
Got my pair and the fit feels a bit strange so thought I'd check with you guys as I don't have much experience and bball shoes to compare (got harden 3 in same size and fits great). The toe space for me was ok and width was ok/slightly tight which I prefer. Ankle/achilles part feels locked in due to lace location and the piece where the logo is. My heel however doesn't stay locked into the heel cup area (as in my heel moves around in the heel cup area but ankles are locked in). is this right/ok or should I be sizing down?

EDIT: thicker socks seems to improve it by a bit, (was wearing the thin stance socks previously) though there is still some slight heel slippage
yea man. for some reason the heel of your foot doesnt sink in. thicker socks make it a bit better. still gonna stick tts otherwise getting these on is gonna be a real pain in the ***

yea man. for some reason the heel of your foot doesnt sink in. thicker socks make it a bit better. still gonna stick tts otherwise getting these on is gonna be a real pain in the ***
Haha, im also having trouble putting the shoes on while trying them on. On another note, the shoes itself feel really well built/quality. Traction is hard so should last outdoor if anyone wants to get it for outdoor use.

Haha, im also having trouble putting the shoes on while trying them on. On another note, the shoes itself feel really well built/quality. Traction is hard so should last outdoor if anyone wants to get it for outdoor use.
facts new balance engineering. outsole is pretty to look at too, but that translucent sole might get dirty :emoji_disappointed_relieved:. lacing system kinda weird tho

Look so clean on foot with white socks. Only 21 minutes too last night, man Clips are a problem.

These coming from Cali which sucks, northeast here. Alot of the other MIUSA NB stuff i've ordered has shipped from NH/MA - gotten to me in a day. These in a complete different warehouse/other side of the country. Not due until Halloween for me.

Sitting here thinking about it...There’s a good chance the 11/14 pair is the Detroit Camo’s with some blue added in somewhere...
......:wink:
1200-GettyImages-1154806006.jpg

"Footwear manufacturer New Balance Athletics Inc. announced today the launch of a pilot program to track the authenticity of its newest basketball shoe using a distributed ledger blockchain to provide trust and provenance for every customer."

Last edited:
facts new balance engineering. outsole is pretty to look at too, but that translucent sole might get dirty :emoji_disappointed_relieved:. lacing system kinda weird tho
yep, lacing is a bit hard to get right. The translucent (ice green) looks really nice, I wonder if it'll go yellow overtime with use like icy blue soles. the rubber material on the tab also feels nice and premium haha

noticed that NB pulled all the white Omn1s from their site when the promo for the pink one was posted {no way they sold out of those big sizes}
.... wonder if all these releases are only gonna only be around until the next one is ready to go ?

Last edited:
Yea maybe drop one at a time and then put all of em up at once

pinks a no go.

I’m torn. Part of me wants them and other side says hold out to see if the green “volitish” colorway drops.

JS”

That’s where I’m at too...I want them but I’d pull for the volt pair more...

At this point I’m kind of good where I’m at with the grey day’s and whites...Project 515, Volts, and if that Jurassic Park themed pair ever released would be no question...

It’s just wait and see what releases at this point I guess...

Back
Top Bottom