KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend, then commits suicide at team facility

I do find it interesting that Belcher suffered a concussion in his last game
eek.gif

So ya'll think a concussion contributed to this wack job shooting his wife and mother of his daughter nine times? How about dude was a stone cold female with a uterus and couldnt take the fact that his baby mother was a go'er?

I'm not defending the murder at all. But I'm also not going to start judging the guy without knowing if he was fighting some kind of emotional issues. Having been close to a couple of people that committed suicide, I've seen firsthand that you can go from completely normal to ridiculously irrational in the span of minutes for no reason whatsoever. The brain is such a ridiculously complex thing that even the best people studying the brain don't fully understand how it works or why people do some of the things they do. At this point there's no telling what was going on with him.

Like I said, suicide is one thing. I have had one friend/teammate kill himself and it was up to his support system (fam,friends, team) to cope with the pieces. The "What could we have done?" etc.

Murder-suicide is a whole different beast since the suicidal person is taking someone that isn't ready to leave this earth. One of my closest friends lost his sister that way. Husband killed her then himself and left 3 kids behind. Fam stepped up and took the kids in, beef between Dad (murderer) and moms (victim) side.

Dude literally pisses on dudes grave. Dads fam wanted them to be buried together, didnt happen A lot of strife and relationships strained. It's a terrible situation.

Don't believe in heaven or hell, but if there is hope he rots there.

Last edited:
So ya'll think a concussion contributed to this wack job shooting his wife and mother of his daughter nine times? How about dude was a stone cold female with a uterus and couldnt take the fact that his baby mother was a go'er?
Yea just disregard the mental condition of a person that did an irrational thing. I love the tough guy image the world has when it comes to mental conditions. You do understand that it is quite possible that the man wasn't thinking with a sound mind?

I don't care how brain damaged he was. There's no excuse for murder!!!!
I can't agree with that. It isn't a "pass" per-say but it HAS to be considered. If someone isn't of sound mind, how can you hold them to the same standards as someone that is "supposed to" be of sound mind.
It is easy to say, "well he shouldn't kill himself, wife, and kids." But you are basing that off of "normal" person's train of though. Not someone's brain that has went through DECADES of trauma. So it has to be considered.
Yeah, it's not really about excuses....  What the guy did is obviously wrong, but when something like this happens you have to consider WHY it happens.  It doesn't mean his girlfriend's family should be putting flowers on his grave, but if you can step back from an objective viewpoint it's worth investigating if brain damage really could have had an impact on his actions.  

And to all the people blaming his girlfriend....  Wow.  

If there wasn't an NFL, do you honestly believe these people commit LESS crime or abuse LESS substances?

You people need to stop sensationalizing things because of the media.

Yea just disregard the mental condition of a person that did an irrational thing. I love the tough guy image the world has when it comes to mental conditions. You do understand that it is quite possible that the man wasn't thinking with a sound mind?

Ok, but is ANYONE that would kill their wife/gf and then themselves thinking with a sound mind? I'm not saying there aren't situations where somebody's mental issues would preclude them from being looked at differently in light of doing something like this, but at some point you could just write everything off as the person not being in the right mental state.

I'm not completely passing judgment on him without all the facts, but even if his girlfriend was a bad person or provoked him I wouldn't condone killing her or himself and leaving their kid behind. If dude really had a heavy drinking problem as his friend said and was abusing drugs like that I find it hard to have much sympathy for him at all. Sorry.

You must think concussions and brain damage had nothing to do with Junior Seau taking his own life either.

Her, having postpartum issues and wanting out of the relationship. Basically painting her as a gold digger. Deadspin has reached it's lowest level :smh:

How the hell is this journalism

Last edited:
I haven't heard that word "go'er" in a minute
laugh.gif
thank you my friend from the DMV. 

But on a serious note I would like more facts to come out before we get all Dr.Phil in here

You really think they are gonna just forget a guy they knew, practiced with, joked with, played games with?  Have you ever been on a team?  they are just remembering the guy man.  Even though he did wrong do you think they are gonna treat his name and legacy like dirt?  Get real.  That man has a place in all their hearts to some degree. 

He didn't deserve a shrine
His only legacy is that he's a murdering coward
It could have been handled differently

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom