KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city.jpg

j0i9jzS1F7rnc.png

Last edited:
Compton sounds just like Lord Knows and Three Kings beat wise.

Not that that's bad, both of those tracks are great sound-wise.

Came to this conclusion before I even found out Just Blaze did this (he did Lord Knows).

Wasn't feeling Compton. And I'm definitely tired of Dre's parakeet act. Still got high hopes for a good album, though I'm a little annoyed there's no Q or Soul on the tracklist.

... And I'm definitely tired of Dre's parakeet act. Still got high hopes for a good album, though I'm a little annoyed there's no Q or Soul on the tracklist.
Exactly!! The one thing I was afraid of was K. Dot signing to a major and changing his artistic direction.  Dre is just a shell of what he used to be, as far as beat making goes.  Definitely tired of hearing him rap now.  It just seems forced.

just pre-ordered....

i will listen to compton when the whole thing drops...

going to the show here in la to on the 17th, pit tickets :smokin

#section80

just pre-ordered....
i will listen to compton when the whole thing drops...
going to the show here in la to on the 17th, pit tickets :smokin
#section80

I did the same thing. pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition but going to hold out on listening to Compton until I can hear the album in its entirety.

Trying hard not to listen to Compton.
They take Gaga off track 2 or just forget list her as featured?

I did the same thing. pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition but going to hold out on listening to Compton until I can hear the album in its entirety.

five mins later... broke down

listening

i need to know what the young brotha gotta say... the 22nd a long ways a way (not really, but kinda, lol)

i have been doing digital for my last few copps....

only thing that is always physical is Nasir....

I read the liner notes, rip into itunes and don't pick up the cds again honestly....

I pre-ordered and am holding off on "Compton" too. It's gonna be hard.
I might cancel my pre-order and get a physical copy; I'm assuming you can get the deluxe edition in physical form?
Excuse my ignorance, I don't buy music

Ill be buying the album when it drops, but man Compton was underwhelming to me. Im just sick of Dr Dre on songs. He has nothing to say anymore and how is Dre not gonna make the beat to Compton? Its a ******g song about Compton

i like dre, BUT i dont like him rapping these days though... yes you are a west coast legend, we appreciate what you have done BUT seems kinda odd to me him on these songs with kdot, i didnt like him on 3 kings either (should have been nas) i liked his flow in the the chronic and 2001 days, now i would appreciate it, if he just stuck to producing...

just pre ordered my deluxe copy. like most everyone else ill be holding off listening to anything till i get the album in my hands.

five mins later... broke down
listening
i need to know what the young brotha gotta say... the 22nd a long ways a way (not really, but kinda, lol)

Damn 5 mins :lol:

I still haven't listened. When the drip drip comes I will listen to it in its entirety. I still had to support Kendrick.

I am always amazed at how many people still buy physical copies of albums. I honesty can't remember the last time I purchased a physical copy of an album.

Back
Top Bottom