KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Such a terrible statement

Dudes sleeping on Jay Rock.

I was a fan of Jay Rock even before Kendrick, ScHoolboy, and Ab-Soul started out-shining him. He was the first on TDE to get a deal, hell because of his music is the only reason I started f(*@( with TDE in the first place.
Gudda Muzik :pimp:
30 Day Takeover :pimp:

Jay Rock gets no love :smh:

how is jay rock weak?
only thing i don't like about his is the fake bangin. just do you, you don't need to pretend like you're under the 5's.

I'll let y'all slide due to what may be coastal bias-ness, but I just ain't seeing it.

Mitchey Slick > Rock

Slick is cool but I don't personally think he's better than Jay Rock right now. The Messy Slick tape he did with Messy Marv though :nthat:

I'll never understand it.

That's one of the things Ross does best on those beats.

Ross verse is cold, best verse on the album, filled with jewels, the imagery, the delivery, the voice, combined with music, it's as good as hip hop gets man.

Dude turned stunting into a religious experience doggy, making the all the ignorance, cars close and **** from a simple vice or indulgence to a profoundly bittersweet sentiment. Excess is his character the images of the good life, this panacea that humans in America strive to reach is marred with lingering fumes of impermanence, the angel of death, the tapeworms eating at his clique, and Kayne climbing up the lords ladder.

And no matter how hard Ross tries to drape himself in his supposed success and wealth, no matter how much he denies fears of loosing it all, as he races through the scenes of his extravagance he can't help but shed a tear before it's all over.

The verse is too real.

Last edited:
Ross verse is cold, best verse on the album, filled with jewels, the imagery, the delivery, the voice, combined with music, it's as good as hip hop gets man.

Dude turned stunting into a religious experiencee doggy, making the all the ignorance, cars close and **** from a simple vice or indulgence to a profoundly bittersweet sentiment. Excess is his character the images of the good life, this panacea that humans in America strive to reach is marred with lingering fumes of an impermanence, the angel of death, the tapeworms eating at his clique, and Kayne climbing up the lords ladder.

And no matter how hard Ross, tries to drape himself in his supposed success and wealth, no matter how much he denies fears of loosing it all, as he races through the scenes of his extravagance his can't help but shed a tear before it's all over.

The verse is too real.

I agree with Bosh, Ross's verse on DIAND is my favorite of his. I couldn't see anyone else doing that song justice, unless it was Ghostface.

Jay rock is wack :x

Ross was weak on DIAND srs :rolleyes

Jay Rock is wack :smh: :smh: the ignorance

this is still the K Dot thread right? :lol:

Jay Rock is the weakest link in TDE, and probably of all the west coast artists currently making music, but goddamn he went in on 'Money Trees'. :pimp:

lol no respect. Clearly you've never heard of 40 Glocc.

I've given it a week to reserve comment and I can honestly say it's one of the best albums I've ever heard. Period. With Hurricane Sandy shutting **** down in NYC, I'll probably hit a sack and bump GKMC couple more times.

Yeah sorry for starting that Ross thing. Didn't realize there were so many Ross nuthuggers in here. :D Damn i can see smileys again. What happened?

Yeah sorry for starting that Ross thing. Didn't realize there were so many Ross nuthuggers in here. :D Damn i can see smileys again. What happened?

you have A ROSS AVY so you must but be high up on that nuthugger list :lol:

Last edited:
Actually i like Ross but not like that. He's just entertaining to listen sometimes. Though his new album was kinda wack. Didn't care for that much nor did i care for Teflon Don.
Anyway back to the OG topic please. :smokin

I've started my day in work listening this album everyday since the release. Get's better everytime. Still my only knock on the album is the hook on Real.

This is long but a pretty good q&a:

And those are very good numbers for Kendrick, great to see this project was supported :smokin :smokin....good lord T Swift had crazy sales sheeeesh damn near platinum in a week

Jay Rock is the weakest link in TDE, and probably of all the west coast artists currently making music, but goddamn he went in on 'Money Trees'. :pimp:

Honestly--- he's right. But saying he's the weakest in TDE still puts him above everyone outta LA right now cuz ain't NOBODY ******g with TDE and I mean NOBODY. (sorry TiRON, ayomari, shawn chrys, Dom, etc.)

KL-9
Soul-8.5
Q-8
Jay Rock-8

I think all of the talk about Jay being the weakest has gotten to him cuz ya man has DEF stepped his bars up the past year or so, seriously.

Back
Top Bottom